Cornwall Football Forum

Truro City v Plymouth Argyle result

Another top class from City beaten by a Easter goal after 15 minutes after City had hit the bar and had two cleared off the line, if there performances over the pre season is anything to go by they will be one of the top runners for promotion.

City included new trialist Dave Wilkinson from Crystal Palace in goal and he perfomed very well on the night and is in the squad to face Torquay this Friday, young Baker at left back was once again impressive.

I was at the truro match last night in all the rain i drove up from newquay hoping to see a decent plymouth side how wrong i was mostly young players and graham stack thrown in . i think plymouth conned the fans by sending down that side and should send down a decent side i left at half time soaking wet i am a plymouth supporter of over 35 years and i think we will struggle this year sturrock out by xmas and it would be lovely to get holloway back at least he was a laugh , well done truro

Sorry 100%Cornish. You're an argyle fan and you want Holloway back. Did you not know the reasons why he left? If he ever stepped foot in Plymouth again I'm sure there would be a few thousand people chasing him straight back out. And Sturrock gone. Where have you been in the last 5 years of your 35??

Well, apart from Stack -who was excellent - Argyle also had Fallon, Easter, Doumbe, Folly and Bolasie in their side. Plus plenty of others keen to make a big impression.

Shame you went at half-time - opinions from those who stayed and watched were that it was a very entertaining game.

Guest Rabinowitz_The_Red

espsiecally the racist chanting of some of the truro fans (who were parents then there kids just copied them) disgracefully Truro city F.C should be ashemed.

Guest Rabinowitz_The_Red

had it from a very good source who was doing a job there which he heard. not my words some one else's but they are a good source

Well said St.Darren there were no reports to any of the Stewards and there was several around the ground, if this person did hear something why wasn't it reported to a steward once again statement from a person who it turns out never witnessed any incident.

We as a club will not tolerate any racist chant or comment from any spectator if heard the club would take immediate action.

Sorry 100%Cornish. You're an argyle fan and you want Holloway back. Did you not know the reasons why he left? If he ever stepped foot in Plymouth again I'm sure there would be a few thousand people chasing him straight back out. And Sturrock gone. Where have you been in the last 5 years of your 35??

I was at the truro match last night in all the rain i drove up from newquay hoping to see a decent plymouth side how wrong i was mostly young players and graham stack thrown in . i think plymouth conned the fans by sending down that side and should send down a decent side i left at half time soaking wet i am a plymouth supporter of over 35 years and i think we will struggle this year sturrock out by xmas and it would be lovely to get holloway back at least he was a laugh , well done truro

Hiye jase i only meant it has a tonque in cheek reply about sturrock coming back to plymouth he sold the club down the river big time with all his lies about how he loved it at plymouth well hes got what he deserves out of a job. I honestly cant see us doing much this year but i will be there every game in all weathers chering them on its in your blood and i still love watching them in my same spot by the tunnel still think we was ripped off the other night

Guest Rabinowitz_The_Red

i've been to the club as an assitant referee and a spectator before and i know that your spectators are usual good but your stewerds can't hear everything and when someone is doing a job like my friend was he can't just go other and lose his focus think if i did that when i was refereeing (ppl don't you dare comment) i'm only going on what i heard and i know the club have delt with similar circumstances before but this one might of been missed.

100% cornish dont you mean holloway who sold us down the river not sturrock <_<

HI pat sorry i did me holloway not sturrock just signed cathcart on loan from man utd he will be a good signing watched him on man u channel for the reserves and hes good now lets go for lee martin and gibson , cant see us doing much against wolves i can see ebanks blake scoring hope its going to be a good game i will be there in the wet i expect .

Is this the same tms no9 who had his head in a sink at Wembley at half time,not feeling well.

You didnt set a very good example there as a Truro supporter.

That is of course,if you can remember it

Is this also the young man who has been to the Lane,to hurl abuse at rival supporters.?

Pot and kettle springs to mind.[He He He]

There are some people who turn up for the 'big' matches who can be vociferous -

they are not fans or supporters of Truro City - they are not there week in, week out for all the league matches, they just come when there is likely to be a big crowd at the game.

They are just as likely to appear anywhere else when there is a 'big' occasion.

Please do not confuse these people with the true supporters of TCFC.

Guest Helston Patriot

There are some people who turn up for the 'big' matches who can be vociferous -

they are not fans or supporters of Truro City - they are not there week in, week out for all the league matches, they just come when there is likely to be a big crowd at the game.

They are just as likely to appear anywhere else when there is a 'big' occasion.

Please do not confuse these people with the true supporters of TCFC.

You mean like the majority of "fans" after Mr Heaney became chairman? :lol:

Guest Rabinowitz_The_Red

We know all the camera guys on first name basis and talk often with them nothing was mentioned and they were all happy so if they had a problem I'm sure they would of said something.

he wasn't a truro camera man he works alone but is hired by a company in london to do plymouth games so i don't think you would know him. anyway let's move on.

St Darren.Why are you singling out Truro City for crowd increases,when they

got a financial backing and progress has occurred.

I could write you a long list of football clubs that are in exactly the same situation.

People will always go and watch higher grades of football,if it is locally available.

You will see a steady increase in Truro,s attendances if they continue to climb

the ladder,that in turn could attract the people that so called started this thread.

Guest robtorson

I have been following Truro City for years now. Im in my 50's, so i can say i've been there for the lows, and indeed the highs, which is the current.

I can understand why people would get annoyed with Truro, especially if you play for a team or follow a team that were playing against Truro 4, maybe 5 years ago. I can understand this, but on the same note i certainly won't be complaining.. Lots of good times ahead! :)

I will continue to make my trip from windy Constantine, hoping that i will be watching them playing the likes of Torquay, Exeter.. But not in friendlies.

Rob

and where were they when you were playing Newquay, St Austell, Wadebridge, Callington in the league???

thats the thing st darren they are not playing teams like that....i watch truro because they play better football then

newquay

st austell

callinton

wadgebridge

no disrespect to those clubs

Same can be said for Pirates RFC -

back a few years ago when they were Penzance & Newlyn RFC and they were playing Newquay, Wadebridge etc - how many were there..??

They now regularly get 'gates' of 3,000 +

As Truro rise up through the leagues they will get better & better attendances -

I already know of previous 'Rugby' watchers who now prefer to go to Treyew Road to watch football with a better standard of match on offer - and how many go up to Home Park to watch Argyle from Cornwall - if they can get a good standard of football without having to travel a 120 mile round trip then many will do just that - watch football locally.

Pirates have shown it can be done - and, hopefully TCFC can do the same with the 'floating' football fans in Cornwall.

There are 500,000 people in Cornwall - enough to support whatever sport offers a good level of opposition and quality entertainment.

And - .... Darren... are you suggesting that Football in Cornwall should not evolve and attract more support - or would you rather we all just say "it can't happen in Cornwall" and continue travelling to Devon to watch good standard professional football..??

I'm all for a club progressing if it can afford to do so, Truro are lucky to have a backer putting the money in.

Best of luck to them, I just don't like the way that they have gone about some of their business thats all.

As I've said before, people spout a load about Truro and all that lot and give grief at games, but where were they 5 years ago? I've got respect for those that were around at the time before the millions of pounds got involved.

I was even a keen follower myself back in the early 90's