Cornwall Football Forum

Jake Ash for Truro City, please!

Nothing, surely, would be more appropriate than a Cornishman, ex City player, a man with a proven track record to lead City on their new era back home? A good communicator and his Mousehole side reknowned for playing easy-on-the-eye football.

i’m not out to rile Seagulls fans. I’m just saying if it were possible this is the calibre of manager I’d like to see appointed at Langarth!

18 minutes ago, Both Sides of the Tamar said:

Nothing, surely, would be more appropriate than a Cornishman, ex City player, a man with a proven track record to lead City on their new era back home? A good communicator and his Mousehole side reknowned for playing easy-on-the-eye football.

i’m not out to rile Seagulls fans. I’m just saying if were possible this is the calibre of manager I’d like to see appointed at Langarth!

You'd like to think the gap between Torquay and Truro is small than the one between Truro and Mousehole. If TUFC can lure our manager over, hoping the right levers can be pulled to get a club legend back where he belongs.

1 hour ago, Both Sides of the Tamar said:

i’m not out to rile Seagulls fans. I’m just saying if were possible this is the calibre of manager I’d like to see appointed at Langarth!

Hands Off 💚👍

Blimey, seems to have been a busy day in the world of Cornish soccer.

As an outsider a Jake Ash move from Mousehole to Truro City would seem ideal if he is was wanting to progress his managerial career. 

Should such a move materialise who would be favourite to replace him at Trungle ? 

4 hours ago, Both Sides of the Tamar said:

i’m not out to rile Seagulls fans. I’m just saying if it were possible this is the calibre of manager I’d like to see appointed at Langarth!

Jake Ash seems a really nice chap on the Mousehole video post match interviews and as an ex Truro City player that would definitely fit the bill to manage Truro City.

Just as a matter of interest?? ... could you or anyone inform us how many and what trophies at senior level Jake Ash has won since managing Mousehole ?? there must be a hatful of them considering the quality of player he is allowed to bring to Mousehole by their budget controllers. 

2 minutes ago, Jeff Chambers said:

Jake Ash seems a really nice chap on the Mousehole video match interviews and as an ex Truro City player that would definitely fit the bill to manage Truro City.

Just as a matter of interest?? ... could you or anyone inform us how many and what trophies at senior level Jake Ash has won since joining Mousehole ?? there must be a hatful if Truro City are after him.

Trophies won - you make a good point and if that’s the case then perhaps the Falmouth manager could be in with a shout.

Same question applies I guess,  who would replace him at Bickland ? 

10 minutes ago, Leroy said:

Trophies won - you make a good point and if that’s the case then perhaps the Falmouth manager could be in with a shout.

Nice rapid reply there Leroy. I've already posted Westys trophies on the Main Discussion Board section on this forum. I think Truro City got more chance of attracting Gareth Southgate than Westy. He's got black & amber blood in his veins. 

Just wondered how may trophies Jake Ash has won when considering all the financial backing he has enjoyed since joining Mousehole ?

On 14/05/2024 at 19:47, Jeff Chambers said:

Nice rapid reply there Leroy. I've already posted Westys trophies on the Main Discussion Board section on this forum. I think Truro City got more chance of attracting Gareth Southgate than Westy. He's got black & amber blood in his veins. 

Just wondered how may trophies Jake Ash has won when considering all the financial backing he has enjoyed since joining Mousehole ?

Answering my own question as far as i can see its 1 winners trophy (Western League title) in 6 seasons. Not too shabby that taking in consideration 2 seasons wiped out for Covid :( 

38 minutes ago, Jeff Chambers said:

Answering my own question as far as i can see its 1 winners trophy (Western League title) in 6 seasons. Not too shabby that taking in consideration 2 seasons wiped out for Covid :( 

Forgive the pedantry but Jake was appointed June 2019 so 3 full seasons and 2 “half” seasons. 

On 14/05/2024 at 19:37, Leroy said:

Truro don't want to go anywhere near Andy Westgarth. Seriously poor, over rated manager...😁

14 minutes ago, Gary Hocking said:

Forgive the pedantry but Jake was appointed June 2019 so 3 full seasons and 2 “half” seasons. 

Yes Gary, fair comment. :) 

14 minutes ago, Ian Pethick said:

Truro don't want to go anywhere near Andy Westgarth. Seriously poor, over rated manager...😁

Absolutely spot on Ian :) :) :) :)  

• 3 weeks later...