Callington Town    1-1           Mullion

Camelford              1-1         Sticker

Launceston            3-2        Truro City Reserves

Penzance                3-2        Wadebridge Town

St Dennis               P-P        Liskeard Athletic

Wendron United     0-0          Newquay

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Tuesday April 16, 2024

PENZANCE 3 WADEBRIDGE TOWN 2
Two goals in the first ten minutes built for Penzance a platform that was just solid enough to withstand a second half wobble and allow them to emerge victorious from a hugely entertaining late season encounter at Penlee Park.
Leigh Isaacs fished his keeper’s gloves out of the cupboard after an 18 month break from senior football, releasing Kam Collins to move back outfield after bravely deputising for Will Trenoweth against Launceston. With the spine of the midfield reinforced, the Magpies rediscovered their wings and flew into a fourth minute lead, Jacob Trudgeon nodding home a Darryl Richards cross from the right.
The goal edged Trudgeon to the top of Penzance’s scoring chart for the season. For about four minutes. Then Tyler Tonkin ran on to a visionary long channel pass from Liam Andrew, knocking the ball past Rob Rosevear and walking it into an empty net to move back level on eight strikes.
Whilst the first two names on the scoresheet were regulars, the next was a complete newbie. After making an impressive debut as a substitute against Launceston, Adam Lewis was rewarded with a start in place of unavailable Ollie Butler, and seized the opportunity with gusto, running on to a Richards pass to assuredly slot home the third goal early in the second half.
No one at Penlee Park was under any delusion that this was “game over”, and sure enough Wadebridge, making light of the absences of captain Sam Gerken and lethal striker Matt Lloyd, hit back. Jacob Smale despatched a smart shot on the turn past Isaacs. Then Jacob Rowe ran on to an incisive through ball from James Hamson to jink past the keeper and slim the deficit to the slenderest of margins.
But, thanks to some courageous defending, dogged hold-up play from lone outlet Michael Fitchett (a substitute for Lewis), and raucous encouragement from the Jimmy Dann Stand, the Magpies flapped their way over the line. “That was a fantastic performance from the boys,” beamed proud manager Ashley Waters. “Work rate, desire, passion - and we got a reaction from the disappointment of Launceston. I have to mention Mark Vercesi who was outstanding tonight -- his defending was a masterclass. I must also thank the supporters who once again carried us through to the end.” 
Penzance: Leigh Isaacs, Archie Reynolds, James Butler, Mark Vercesi, Liam Andrew, Adam Lewis (Michael Fitchett 57), Jacob Trudgeon, Kam Collins, Darryl Richards, Tyler Tonkin (Gareth Ireson-Ward 79), Charlie Willis (Ewan Trevains 58). Unused sub: Alfie Turner, Charlie Palmer
Wadebridge: Rob Rosevear, Tom Harris, Sam Hepworth, Brad Rowe, Sam Wickins, Noah Holmes (Haiden Chapman 66), Jude Tripconey (Kyle Flew 60), James Hamson, Jacob Rowe, Morgan Vallejo, Jacob Smale. Unused subs: Chris Reski, Steve Simmonds
Referee: Paul Kempen
Assistants: Max Davies, Neil Rudkin
Attendance: 143

7 hours ago, James_Wright said:

PENZANCE 3 WADEBRIDGE TOWN 2
Two goals in the first ten minutes built for Penzance a platform that was just solid enough to withstand a second half wobble and allow them to emerge victorious from a hugely entertaining late season encounter at Penlee Park.
Leigh Isaacs fished his keeper’s gloves out of the cupboard after an 18 month break from senior football, releasing Kam Collins to move back outfield after bravely deputising for Will Trenoweth against Launceston. With the spine of the midfield reinforced, the Magpies rediscovered their wings and flew into a fourth minute lead, Jacob Trudgeon nodding home a Darryl Richards cross from the right.
The goal edged Trudgeon to the top of Penzance’s scoring chart for the season. For about four minutes. Then Tyler Tonkin ran on to a visionary long channel pass from Liam Andrew, knocking the ball past Rob Rosevear and walking it into an empty net to move back level on eight strikes.
Whilst the first two names on the scoresheet were regulars, the next was a complete newbie. After making an impressive debut as a substitute against Launceston, Adam Lewis was rewarded with a start in place of unavailable Ollie Butler, and seized the opportunity with gusto, running on to a Richards pass to assuredly slot home the third goal early in the second half.
No one at Penlee Park was under any delusion that this was “game over”, and sure enough Wadebridge, making light of the absences of captain Sam Gerken and lethal striker Matt Lloyd, hit back. Jacob Smale despatched a smart shot on the turn past Isaacs. Then Jacob Rowe ran on to an incisive through ball from James Hamson to jink past the keeper and slim the deficit to the slenderest of margins.
But, thanks to some courageous defending, dogged hold-up play from lone outlet Michael Fitchett (a substitute for Lewis), and raucous encouragement from the Jimmy Dann Stand, the Magpies flapped their way over the line. “That was a fantastic performance from the boys,” beamed proud manager Ashley Waters. “Work rate, desire, passion - and we got a reaction from the disappointment of Launceston. I have to mention Mark Vercesi who was outstanding tonight -- his defending was a masterclass. I must also thank the supporters who once again carried us through to the end.” 
Penzance: Leigh Isaacs, Archie Reynolds, James Butler, Mark Vercesi, Liam Andrew, Adam Lewis (Michael Fitchett 57), Jacob Trudgeon, Kam Collins, Darryl Richards, Tyler Tonkin (Gareth Ireson-Ward 79), Charlie Willis (Ewan Trevains 58). Unused sub: Alfie Turner, Charlie Palmer
Wadebridge: Rob Rosevear, Tom Harris, Sam Hepworth, Brad Rowe, Sam Wickins, Noah Holmes (Haiden Chapman 66), Jude Tripconey (Kyle Flew 60), James Hamson, Jacob Rowe, Morgan Vallejo, Jacob Smale. Unused subs: Chris Reski, Steve Simmonds
Referee: Paul Kempen
Assistants: Max Davies, Neil Rudkin
Attendance: 143

Great match report - Thank you!

20 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Liskeard playing St Dennis tomorrow (Wednesday) night now! At Liskeard 

Hi Dave 

Seen ur post/tweet about the pitch at St dennis,just to clarify we were waiting for the ref to call it on/off to which the grass would of been cut if on but the goal mouth was far from firm and didn't want to risk the mower or the weight of the mower unless absolutely necessary,we have a double header fixtured for Saturday so we r hoping the weather stays dry as we r forking it every day to get air to the root and to try and shift the damp. I even enquired about paying for a shock wave treatment which is £800 + only to be told it'll be a waste of money if its too wet as it will slump back and seal itself back up,we have tried several times with forking the pitch but as soon as we feel we r making head way we have rain and it puts us back to square one,we've taken no money since before Xmas n now have a back log of games that we really could of done without,a collapsed drain wasn't what we expected or wanted at this stage of the season.

We have a lot of work to do to rectify this and we will endeavour to make sure its ready for next season.

Wendron 0-0 Newquay 

One of the best 0-0 draws I’ve seen in a while. Game played at high pace, end to end with both teams looking for a win. Some excellent committed defending from both sides kept the score sheet blank. 
Newquay probably had the clearer chances but couldn’t find a way past the Wendron keeper. 
Both teams probably disappointed they didn’t win but a draw was about a fair result.

Well played both teams 

1 hour ago, Dave Grose said:

Hi Dave 

Seen ur post/tweet about the pitch at St dennis,just to clarify we were waiting for the ref to call it on/off to which the grass would of been cut if on but the goal mouth was far from firm and didn't want to risk the mower or the weight of the mower unless absolutely necessary,we have a double header fixtured for Saturday so we r hoping the weather stays dry as we r forking it every day to get air to the root and to try and shift the damp. I even enquired about paying for a shock wave treatment which is £800 + only to be told it'll be a waste of money if its too wet as it will slump back and seal itself back up,we have tried several times with forking the pitch but as soon as we feel we r making head way we have rain and it puts us back to square one,we've taken no money since before Xmas n now have a back log of games that we really could of done without,a collapsed drain wasn't what we expected or wanted at this stage of the season.

We have a lot of work to do to rectify this and we will endeavour to make sure its ready for next season.

Sorry to hear the ground is in such a bad way! Thanks for the explanation.

23 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Sorry to hear the ground is in such a bad way! Thanks for the explanation.

No worries mate it's just one of those things that seem to happen to us,if we didn't have bad luck we'd have no luck at all 🤣

Went Mt wise expecting Newquay to have a tough game vs Launceston because they had been doing so well , but it just didnt happen Newquay won 4-0 at a canter and never really had to play at there best and won easy . 

Newquay went 1-0 up from a brilliant goal from Coen Briggs then Newquay forward Louis Price had to go off with a nasty face injury after Launceston centre half came  charging out feet up Not long after the Launceston goalie also took a Newquay player out could of been a sending off on both occasions but ref didnt show any reds which was good really because that would of spoiled the game but another ref well none for his cards would of sent both the centre half and Lewis Slade the goalie off ,I have heard Louis wont be winning any awards in the looks department now heard he needed 15 stitches but you hear rumours i expect he will play with a Face Mask now need him against Falmouth in the cup next week 

Newquay where missing severel players but it looked like Launceston was as well top striker Andy Watkins was absent and i think Lewis Young was as well couldnt hear the team list .Newquay went 2-0 up from Alex Cole who was having a really good game and scored a good goal after rounding the goalie and putting the ball in the net 

2-0 Half time 

The sun was going down and it was freezing me and Smokie where shaking with the cold and stayed for the 3rd goal which was a beauty from Phil Lowry was having 1 of the best games he has had for a long time he connect with the ball on the Volley after a Cam Turner pass and that was 3-0 time to get home to warm up .

Lunceston where a very young side and had some really good players but they didnt really threaten Brodie in the Newquay goal all evening be harder against Truro Res on Saturday i would think .Newquay Sub Lucas Preston getting the 4th goal game over .

Mom for me for Newquay Alex Cole and Launceston the no11 i do like wingers 

The ref was very good but i thought the Launceston Goalie was lucky not to get a red card but the ref made the correct decision and sending the goalie off would of spoiled the game .Well done the Mints Me and Smokie will see you Saturday could be shorts weather i saw Jamie Lowry played for Truro Res in there last match what a player he was im looking forward to see Teddy Horton for Truro heard lots of good things about him .

Ok thats all for now see you up Mt WISE on Saturday