Torrington              P-P          Bovey Tracey

WEST

Mullion        3-1     Callington Town

Newquay        0-1    Dobwalls

Penzance         2-0      Holsworthy

St Dennis         P-P      Wadebridge Town

Truro City Reserves      0-3    Launceston

Wendron United       0-0        Camelford

e Watched the Newquay vs Dobwalls match this afternoon ,ok i will put it another way it was like a battle field up there players from both sides kicking lumps out of each other all afternoon .

Harry Downing getting sent off i have been watching Harry play for years and he hardly gets booked let alone sent off the Dobwalls player went down like he was shot Harry hardly touched him it was right in front of me but the Dobwalls player looked up from the ground to see what the ref was doing then collapsed again hes a bit late to get a Oscar now but he deserved 1 for his acting Harry did not deserve to be sent off but maybe other players should of been shown the red .

There wasnt much football being played from either side it was who kick each other the hardest Newquay gave away a pen when Josh  Evans made a rash challenge on the speedy winger Kenny a clear pen which Oscar Larrieu put away beating Brodie Cole just , The lad Kenny was the same player who destroyed Newquay last year when he played for Callington i  think he had a hat trick that day .

This match didnt really have much goal mouth goal  action due to both sets of Defenders .Dobwalls captain and centre half was outstanding as was Matt Saunders at the heart of the heart of the Newquay defence .

I dont like being critical of the officials but the ref had a shocker and so did the linesman but the Dobwalls management was on his back for the full 90mins i thought Darren Gilbert use to be bad but Darren is a angel compared to  the Dobwalls manager he just didnt stop i did find him very amusing though .

Very hard to pick a Mom for this battle even Cam Turner with his trade mark free kicks was off target today but 1 player stood out for me this afternoon and that was Callum Edlin brilliant performance and Dobwalls MOM the tall blonde captain a real captains performance .

So round 2 in the week at Dobwalls when Newquay travel there i think they should have longer shin guards and gum shields . 

Hoping to be at the St Austell vs Newquay on Good Friday but dont know got my son and family coming down from London and i got to pick them up from the Airport so if i can come up with a excuse i will be at Poltair to watch should be a great game but Newquay will have to play better than today to get anything out of the match 

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Friday & Saturday 22 & 23 March 2024
3 hours ago, silly billy said:

What do you suggest they do? You know they have a drainage problem!

No need to get shirty! I was just commenting that it was another game off for St Dennis. However, if it continues to be wet, St Dennis must surely have to consider Jon's suggestion for them to switch venues.

26 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

e Watched the Newquay vs Dobwalls match this afternoon ,ok i will put it another way it was like a battle field up there players from both sides kicking lumps out of each other all afternoon .

Harry Downing getting sent off i have been watching Harry play for years and he hardly gets booked let alone sent off the Dobwalls player went down like he was shot Harry hardly touched him it was right in front of me but the Dobwalls player looked up from the ground to see what the ref was doing then collapsed again hes a bit late to get a Oscar now but he deserved 1 for his acting Harry did not deserve to be sent off but maybe other players should of been shown the red .

There wasnt much football being played from either side it was who kick each other the hardest Newquay gave away a pen when Josh  Evans made a rash challenge on the speedy winger Kenny a clear pen which Oscar Larrieu put away beating Brodie Cole just , The lad Kenny was the same player who destroyed Newquay last year when he played for Callington i  think he had a hat trick that day .

This match didnt really have much goal mouth goal  action due to both sets of Defenders .Dobwalls captain and centre half was outstanding as was Matt Saunders at the heart of the heart of the Newquay defence .

I dont like being critical of the officials but the ref had a shocker and so did the linesman but the Dobwalls management was on his back for the full 90mins i thought Darren Gilbert use to be bad but Darren is a angel compared to  the Dobwalls manager he just didnt stop i did find him very amusing though .

Very hard to pick a Mom for this battle even Cam Turner with his trade mark free kicks was off target today but 1 player stood out for me this afternoon and that was Callum Edlin brilliant performance and Dobwalls MOM the tall blonde captain a real captains performance .

So round 2 in the week at Dobwalls when Newquay travel there i think they should have longer shin guards and gum shields . 

Hoping to be at the St Austell vs Newquay on Good Friday but dont know got my son and family coming down from London and i got to pick them up from the Airport so if i can come up with a excuse i will be at Poltair to watch should be a great game but Newquay will have to play better than today to get anything out of the match 

It was certainly not the best game of football I have seen. The strong wind and not keeping the ball on the floor made it scrappy to say the least.

I stood by the Newquay dugout and the officials were getting stick constantly. While the officials were dealing with red card incident a Newquay play came over to the bench and said it was a red card but the wrong player got sent off.

Two of the home side were also son binned leaving Newquay to play out the last ten minutes of the half with 8 men.

The visitors squandered a couple of guilt edged chances and their young keeper was hardly tested.

Dobwalls will no doubt be delighted with the result in their first game for several weeks.

It should be interesting when they play each other again on Tuesday.

I personally think the referee did a good job in this what was a challenging atmosphere.

I just hope a strong referee is appointed for the return fixture.

1 hour ago, Dave Deacon said:

No need to get shirty! I was just commenting that it was another game off for St Dennis. However, if it continues to be wet, St Dennis must surely have to consider Jon's suggestion for them to switch venues.

Who said I was getting shirty? I just used ! Like you do !

I didnt think Harry Downing should of got sent off it as Matt Saunders who just brushed the Dobwalls face with his hand it was a case of mistaken identity by the ref i even said it to the linesman hes got the wrong man but Newquay got to appeal that decision. Tom Shepherd was stupid to get sin binned when he said to the player that exagerated the touch on the face ,Tom said right in front of the ref to the no3 i will have you for that then he got sin binned .

I thought Cam Turner was lucky to stay on the pitch in a off the ball incident 

But it was just a bad day at the office DSCN6628.thumb.JPG.5e8cddbf5bd652d75fc2bd4bfcb7717a.JPG

DSCN6651.thumb.JPG.b1fe22aa049422c56495207732c10a98.JPG

My MOM Callum Edlin and Kene who got the pen which won the match for Dobwalls 

40 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

I didnt think Harry Downing should of got sent off but Tom Shepherd was stupid to get sin binned when he said to the player that exagerated the touch on the face ,Tom said right in front of the ref to the no3 i will have you for that then he got sin binned .

I thought Cam Turner was lucky to stay on the pitch in a off the ball incident 

But it was just a bad day at the office DSCN6628.thumb.JPG.5e8cddbf5bd652d75fc2bd4bfcb7717a.JPG

DSCN6651.thumb.JPG.b1fe22aa049422c56495207732c10a98.JPG

My MOM Callum Edlin and Kene who got the pen which won the match for Dobwalls 

But officials were poor yeah? Seems like they were actually quite forgiving 

PENZANCE 2 HOLSWORTHY 0
With three goals in his last two matches, Liam Andrew has struck a rich vein of scoring form. After missing last week’s draw against Camelford through family commitments, the centre-back returned to the team to plunder two goals and propel his side to a deserved victory over Holsworthy, extending their unbeaten run to four matches.
The Devonian visitors were on top during the opening half hour, but Penzance’s patient passing game started to create opportunities as the interval approached. They first threatened when Mark Vercesi released Silas Sullivan down the left, the latter picking out Ollie Butler whose shot was blocked. Kam Collins then had an effort brilliantly tipped over by Ryan Chadwick and, from the resultant corner taken by Charlie Willis, Tyler Tonkin was just off target with a header.
Willis saw a volley saved just after the turn-around, but was involved in the opening goal a few moments later. His free-kick was cleared only far as Andrew whose thunderous shot found its way into the net off a post.
The same combination delivered the decisive second goal after 66 minutes. Willis curled a corner from the right on to the forehead of Andrew whose emphatic finish secured his side the points and himself the Man of the Match award. But for an excellent sprawling save by Chadwick from Jacob Trudgeon in the last minute, the margin of victory would have been wider.
“It was another valuable three points against a stubborn Holsworthy side,” said Penzance manager Ashley Waters. “In the first half we had so much of the ball but lacked energy and creativity. At half-time I asked for a reaction and the players once again delivered - we started the second half brightly, full of movement and energy, and deservedly took the lead. We want finish the season on a high.”

Penzance: Will Trenoweth, Archie Reynolds, Alfie Turner (Alfie Turner 82), Ollie Butler (Michael Fitchett 79), Mark Vercesi, Liam Andrew, Jacob Trudgeon, Kam Collins, Tyler Tonkin (Gareth Ireson-Ward 56), Charlie Willis, Silas Sullivan. Unused subs: Ashley Mead, Dan May
Holsworthy: Ryan Chadwick, Nathan Slade, Corey Sargeant (Jacob Nosworthy 74), Jay Thomas, Jedd Pescke, Jake McClean, Aiden Slade (Lewis Haxell 60), Ryan Buckland, Ben Waters (Gary Clarke 78), Jack Tribble (Will Harris 60), Gavin Carter. Unused sub: Lee Clarke
Referee: Tim Burley
Assistants: Scott Coutts, Neil Stephens
Attendance: 90

18 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

Good to see you back on the forum 100%, was just thinking the other day that you'd been absent. Guessing that you've had no matches to talk about recently.

Camelford had another long trip down south, this time playing out a non-eventful 0-0 draw with Wendron in windy and heavy conditions. Once again, Camelford turned up with a depleted squad, this time adding another former Camels captain, Dan Balsdon, who was on the bench. They also brought in Jake Williams from Boscastle, who had a superb game at left back.

Despite facing the wind, Camelford found themselves pegged back by Wendron multiple times throughout the half. However, they still managed to create several well-worked moves, starting from the back, and had the better chances of the first half, forcing the Wendron keeper into several good saves.

Wendron, with the wind advantage, at times looked dangerous going forward but failed to test the Camels' backline. Their best chance came from three or four fiercely whipped corners into the box, but each time Wendron failed to make any meaningful contact.

The second half was dominated by Camelford, with the wind at their backs, as they pinned Wendron back for the entire half. Similar to last weekend, missed opportunities and wrong choices in crucial moments halted most Camel attacks, failing to ever really challenge the keeper.

With 15 minutes to go, Reg brought on Balsdon to play down the middle, pushing Gusterson out wide. The two veterans had several good link-ups from the left flank, sparking chatter around the stands about the combined age of the two Camel legends, though the exact figure remained a mystery. Answers on a postcard, please.

The game ended 0-0, leaving the Camels feeling like they dropped two points rather than gaining one. Nevertheless, it was a positive outcome on a long away trip with a stretched squad.

Yes im back thanks for asking Ian 7 weeks with no matches to write about but i have dusted off the wooden spoon and ready to stir it up again already annoyed someone already Dobwalls Manager Ben Washam didnt mean to offend him but he was good entertainment on Saturday neither team where Angels .

Round 2 tmmrw at Dobwalls could be a cracker could be better than a Tyson Fury fight hope a stronger ref is in charge someone like Neil Hunnislett the best around in my opinion .Going for a 3-1 win to Newquay they cant play that bad again i hope but i can see the game being called off after all the rain today