Cornwall Football Forum

Adam Castle Stands Down For Bucks!

3 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Have to agree with that! Does Adam ever come over or was it purely a long-distance thing? 

Used to attend couple of matches each season whilst over visiting family. 

4 hours ago, CornishHopper said:

Announcement from Twitter, Castle has stood down as football director. Does this mean budget has been pulled?

Can't see how that equates to budget being pulled, he just has other priorities in Ireland. 

4 hours ago, Tavi Fan said:

Potentially nothing in it but Rob Farkins and Josh Webber (registered with Exmouth Town and Willand Rovers respectively) have now both been registered at Bideford. 

Farks played couple of midweek matches for Exmouth, just dual registration, so guessing same scenario with Bideford. Nothing from the club to say he's left. As for Webber, wouldn't surprise me if he has left club, not the happiest of chaps the other week. 

2 hours ago, Buckland Jim said:

Farks played couple of midweek matches for Exmouth, just dual registration, so guessing same scenario with Bideford. Nothing from the club to say he's left. As for Webber, wouldn't surprise me if he has left club, not the happiest of chaps the other week. 

Rob Farkins has been a great centre half on the local scene, and a legend and leader at Parkway. He was in decline though when they let him go 3 seasons ago. Seems like a walking red card for Buckland these days.

On 24/11/2023 at 22:09, Way Of The Park said:

Rob Farkins has been a great centre half on the local scene, and a legend and leader at Parkway. He was in decline though when they let him go 3 seasons ago. Seems like a walking red card for Buckland these days.

Scored for Bideford yesterday. Assuming he’s left Buckland then?

12 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Not necessarily so! Could possibly be making the most of the loophole whereby although suspended at Step 5, ok to play Step 4! How ridiculous is that! 

That is an absolutely ridiculous rule. So could potentially break someone leg with a horrible challenge and carry on the week after for someone else.  

On 24/11/2023 at 22:09, Way Of The Park said:

He’s past it! Slow and tots up too many disciplinary points!

10 hours ago, rocky170267 said:

Personally, I wouldn’t allow any of my players to play for other clubs if I was manager ! Injury risk in my opinion

Guess that unless the player is on contract, there's nothing much you can do.  Being suspended at one level, yet being able to play at another, is a complete farce though and needs looking at.

36 minutes ago, Way Of The Park said:

Reported that Andy Collings has left Buckland. No idea if it was decision or the manager's, but looking on from the outside it seems like surprising news. Always seemed to be highly rated.

I think someone on here said he was put on a contract too.

1 hour ago, Tavi Fan said:

I think someone on here said he was put on a contract too.

His contract was terminated by mutual consent. Andy needs to go and play. We have a Ramsdale situation. !!

Andy wants game time, and to be fair his replacement has been playing well lately and deserves his chance to shine.

Andy will be missed by everybody at the club, but ultimately it’s HIS  decision to go and find something elsewhere. I’m sure we will see him playing at another club in the same league very shortly….

1 hour ago, rocky170267 said:

His contract was terminated by mutual consent. Andy needs to go and play. We have a Ramsdale situation. !!

Andy wants game time, and to be fair his replacement has been playing well lately and deserves his chance to shine.

Andy will be missed by everybody at the club, but ultimately it’s HIS  decision to go and find something elsewhere. I’m sure we will see him playing at another club in the same league very shortly….

Brixham possible destination?