Cornwall Football Forum

Bridgwater United 7-2 Nailsea & Tickenham

1 hour ago, Tavi Fan said:

All going Pete tong behind the scenes at Barum?

Barnstaple Town issued a lengthy statement in which they refuted claims made on social media about the clubs being in financial trouble, and having to slash their budget. The next day, their manager resigns and moves from an unbeaten team to one in the same league that has lost 10 of their first 12 games.

If people weren't wondering about what is going on at the club, then they are now.

1 hour ago, rocky170267 said:

And at Tavi  !! Not easy with no fans is it

Tavistock average home attendance 2023/24 - 190 (up 21% on last season's final figure)

Buckland average home attendance 2023/24 - 210 (up 14% on last season's final figure)

(source; nonleaguematters.co.uk)

Not much in it really, both clubs are improving their gates.

Been trying to keep up with your local football scene from here in the US and following most recent social media statements from Barnstaple Town thought I would do some research.

Just found the following.

Maybe mistaken but think UK law means if a company is dissolved through being struck off, then all assets belong to the state, or in UK law the crown.

With manager also announced as leaving yesterday, certainly interesting times for the club and its supporters. 

IMG_5523.thumb.jpeg.14af5895d1c00080ff5688226672a734.jpeg

I was at the game and honestly this could of been double figures,Bridgwater were outstanding with so many attacking options and this was against a Nailsea&Tickenham side who have caused teams some problems this season, The previous week Torpoint came and sat deep and conceded 5 Nailsea to there credit came and tried to play a more attacking game but this only gifted Bridgwater more space and they were ruthless in front of goal,on present form Bridgwater will be right in the mix come the end of the season.

The problem is you can’t sustain throwing money at a team constantly hoping your get promoted. Eventually it catches you up.  
barnstaple 

i believe a few season  back  they had the likes of Owen Howe on ridiculous money and even offers river Allen a enormous amount to sign that caused his fall out with parkway. Maybe it caught up with them. 
shame as they have the squad to get back up 

6 hours ago, Way Of The Park said:

Tavistock average home attendance 2023/24 - 190 (up 21% on last season's final figure)

Buckland average home attendance 2023/24 - 210 (up 14% on last season's final figure)

(source; nonleaguematters.co.uk)

Not much in it really, both clubs are improving their gates.

Barnstaple mate ? nothing to do with Buckland

just worry about your own team

7 hours ago, winston said:

Stu B is always honest lets hear from him

I am indeed 😊 the players and staff have been through a lot over the last week especially with the tragic passing of our teammates young daughter, unfortunately the gaffa who I have nothing but the utmost respect for and without doubt one of the best managers I’ve enjoyed playing under (and I’ve played under quite a few lol 😝) he is a lecturer at Bristol Uni and the chance to have a job a lot closer to home with an ambitious project has decided to take that opportunity on in regards to the recent rumours all I can say on that is as far as the players are aware is we are all still being paid on time and it’s business as usual the lads are looking forward to Saturdays game and remembering baby olivia 🕊️