Cornwall Football Forum

friendly games.

The team that has impressed me so far are Tavistock just a joy to watch with some outstanding players .

Ok onto last night match at Bodmin very good game Bodmin losing 3-2 but they played really well ,Falmouth played som lovely passing football but just missed that cutting edge to score and the Bodmin defence where so good with Jordan Stimpson having a hell of a game as did all the defenders and Ryan Rickard in the Bodmin goal at his best as usual not a better goalie than him around .

Bodmin went 1-0 up with a brilliant lob from Ryan Knight ,at the break Falmouth brought on 3 subs in Brabyn and the 2 ex Newquay lads Sims and Leivers who made a big difference i cant comment on the last 15 mins of the game because it was getting dark and my eyes dont do to well knight driving thanks to the treatment i had i should glow with the amount of Radiotherapy i have but im all good and enjoying my local footy .

Bodmin got 3 goals from Alex Wharton ,Jared Sims and Luke Balmer and Bodmins other goal was scored by Ben Waters who seemed to strike up a good partnership with each other .

My Mom for Bodmin is Jordan Stimson and for Falmouth im going for Luke Balmer though i didnt know have the team of either side and cant find a team list anywhere .

The game was refereed Magnificent by Mr Shaun Edge who doesnt take any nonsense and the players seem to respect him .

I would also like to say thankyou for keeping me company all evening in the grandson and i hope your up running around soon

DSCN1760.JPG

13 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

The team that has impressed me so far are Tavistock just a joy to watch with some outstanding players .

Ok onto last night match at Bodmin very good game Bodmin losing 3-2 but they played really well ,Falmouth played som lovely passing football but just missed that cutting edge to score and the Bodmin defence where so good with Jordan Stimpson having a hell of a game as did all the defenders and Ryan Rickard in the Bodmin goal at his best as usual not a better goalie than him around .

Bodmin went 1-0 up with a brilliant lob from Ryan Knight ,at the break Falmouth brought on 3 subs in Brabyn and the 2 ex Newquay lads Sims and Leivers who made a big difference i cant comment on the last 15 mins of the game because it was getting dark and my eyes dont do to well knight driving thanks to the treatment i had i should glow with the amount of Radiotherapy i have but im all good and enjoying my local footy .

Bodmin got 3 goals from Alex Wharton ,Jared Sims and Luke Balmer and Bodmins other goal was scored by Ben Waters who seemed to strike up a good partnership with each other .

My Mom for Bodmin is Jordan Stimson and for Falmouth im going for Luke Balmer though i didnt know have the team of either side and cant find a team list anywhere .

The game was refereed Magnificent by Mr Shaun Edge who doesnt take any nonsense and the players seem to respect him .

I would also like to say thankyou for keeping me company all evening in the grandson and i hope your up running around soon

DSCN1760.JPG

Good report 100%. Keep them coming!

Agree that Falmouth struggled to convert the chances created. Most of the chances were from Alex Wharton crosses. He had an excellent game down the left. He looks improved since his return and should lessen the impact of losing Nixon and Walker. Jacob Grange looked better  2nd half when he played a bit wider and started driving at the Bodmin defence. Bradley Leivers looked to be the best of the new signings.

Hopefully Town will improve again on last season, as has been the pattern during Westy's tenure, but they will need to find their shooting boots!

22 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

DSCN1760.JPG

Good to see that Ben Waters is back on the Cornish scene. Like Stuart Bowker, a great character that everybody has an opinion on. It certainly won't be boring with "The Waltz" leading the attack.

St blazey have had a quiet pre season. Lost some pretty experienced players and Don’t seem to have scored many against team from lower . Was expecting them to be pretty competitive next season I know it’s only pre season but be interested to see where  people thing they end up next season. 

On 23/07/2023 at 09:30, sportsman10 said:

St blazey have had a quiet pre season. Lost some pretty experienced players and Don’t seem to have scored many against team from lower . Was expecting them to be pretty competitive next season I know it’s only pre season but be interested to see where  people thing they end up next season. 

Is it confirmed that Darren Stewart has left Blazey? Would think that if he has departed, then it would be a blow for them. Very highly rated coach, and would have no doubt brought some of the promising youngsters from Ivybridge with him.

See today also that former Torquay Utd midfielder Scott Piper, having been announced as joining St Blazey, has now joined Tavistock.