Cornwall Football Forum

pre season friendly 7 45 tonight Bodmin vs Truro

Looking forward to going to Bodmin tonight to watch the new look Bodmin Dane is building there and hes got more quality signings coming in .Should be a good game vs Truro the Bodmin team that Dane has assembled should give Truro a good game .

With all the brilliant signings Dane has made and the ones yet to bring in i think Bodmin must be favourites to win the league but i will still stick with my prediction Liskeard but can they hang on to all there good players.

Getting excited about the match tonight but if its pourin with rain it will be up the hill to watch Newquay vs Torpoint .

42 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

Should be a good game vs Truro the Bodmin team that Dane has assembled should give Truro a good game .

With all the brilliant signings Dane has made and the ones yet to bring in i think Bodmin must be favourites to win the league

Whatever medication you're taking is having an adverse effect on your basic cognitive thinking skills.

2 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

Looking forward to going to Bodmin tonight to watch the new look Bodmin Dane is building there and hes got more quality signings coming in .Should be a good game vs Truro the Bodmin team that Dane has assembled should give Truro a good game .

With all the brilliant signings Dane has made and the ones yet to bring in i think Bodmin must be favourites to win the league but i will still stick with my prediction Liskeard but can they hang on to all there good players.

Getting excited about the match tonight but if its pourin with rain it will be up the hill to watch Newquay vs Torpoint .

All depends on the side that Truro put out (it is their first leg stretcher of the new season), may be a lot of substitutions with numerous triallists on display.

Hope people go along, it would help them to appreciate how good a side City are and the gulf in quality between a step 2 and step 6 team. Might also help City in building a few bridges between them and the Cornish football supporters. 

5 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

Smokie says please go Bodmin then I can stay home in the dry and warm.

Cold night at Mount wise. Few missin but fink the new team is better then last year. Got told by committee member Ryan Barnes signing soon if nqy get him Ross fallens in team this team will go far. 4-1 not fair fink draw would be fair lots cleared off line and good saves from torpoint that overs wont save. 

Went Bodmin last night very enjoyable game 1st half Truro had a weakend team out with lots of trialist and Rocky Neale put Truro 1 -0 up with a brilliant goal he could of scored more if it wasnt for the brilliance in the Bodmin goal from Ryan Rickard who pulled off save after save . Bodmin got  a equaliser from there big no9 with a fine shot into the corner '

Truro then got 2 quick goals 1 from Trialist and the other from Finn Harrison and it was 3-1 at HT 

The 2nd half Truro had a much stronger team on in Tyler Harvey ,Dan Sullivan , Connor Riley Lowe  Shane White and some youth players .

Bodmin have got some brilliant players but the 1 that stood out for me was no 77 Charlie Hardcastle he was outstanding all evening ,it was a nice evening for watching the footy and the rain stopped just as th ematch was starting which was good .

For Bodmin i am going for 2 Mom in Goalie Ryan Ricard and no 77 Charlie Hardcastle and for Truro Rocky Neal he was everywhere and the entry money was worth it just for his goal alone .The ref and officials where excellent even though the linesman in front of me missed some obvious offside from Rocky Neale but overall very good .

Well done to Dane and Shaun in there 1st pre season friendly only think missing for Bodmin is a good centre forward and i expect Dane has someone lined up .

Ok thats no2 pre season for me onto no 3 on Thursday at Wadebridge to see them play Tavistock and Smokie can have a walk around that ground unlike at Bodmin but he was happy in the car .

It was lovely talking to the couple beside me dont know how he knew i was 100% Conish but he did .

Ok time to start editing the 320 photos i took last night 

11 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

Only a 4-1 defeat for Bodmin. Seems an ok result against Truro.  Looking at Truro team sheet it looked like 2 teams with the first half made up of various players on trial. 

Never sure how much you can read into pre season results. Saw Paul Wotton's post match thoughts, he said he treats these games as training sessions. Which sort of sums them up.

49 minutes ago, Way Of The Park said:

Never sure how much you can read into pre season results. Saw Paul Wotton's post match thoughts, he said he treats these games as training sessions. Which sort of sums them up.

Watching the game you always felt Truro had more gears to move up into      
Fair play to Bodmin thought they gave a very good account of themselves and look a very competent and useful outfit on that showing they certainly look like one of the favourites for title in the coming season..Shame about the floodlights though surely someone could have checked over the summer that they all worked 😂😂