Cornwall Football Forum

Penzance 1, Mousehole 3

Guest Black&White

Guest Black&White

SWPL Division One West

Friday 28 March

Penzance 1, Mousehole 3 (h/t 1-1)

Mousehole clinched a league 'double' over their west Cornwall rivals with a second thoroughly deserved victory over the hapless Magpies.

Penzance had their chances to get something from the game, but lacked the killer instinct in front of goal, and in truth the home side were lucky to finish the game with 11 players, with centre-half James Street fortunate not to be dismissed for an off the ball kick at Mousehole's Tom Patrick, after which Seagull Jon Tonkin fired the resultant penalty well wide of the target.

As it was, two well taken, albeit gift-wrapped, goals for Gerens James and one from ex-Magpie Patrick were enough to take the three points back up Paul Hill, while for the many disgruntled Magpies fans in a season's best crowd of 304 at Penlee Park, next season simply can't come soon enough!

Another excellent crowd!! What a shame last friday evenings game between St Blazey v Launceston was ruined with some awful weather. I hope next season, St Blazey can push to get a few friday nighters at home and earlier in the season when we have plenty to play for!!! A big cash incentive to choose the right fixture and promote it in the right way!! St Blazey v Falmouth/Bodmin/Liskeard etc.

Good turn out (304) , the lads certainly appreciated the support! We were just too good in all areas on the night , much the same story as the match at our place.

Only sour moment for me was the WORST refereeing decision ive ever seen as a player or manager....or spectator for that matter!!

Dont agree that Gerens' 2nd goal was gift wrapped. Great skill by Emil Ivanov (unplayable at times) who played a ball in to Joe Day on the edge of the box. His first time lay off to Gerens James 25 yards out. Gerens' unleashed a low piledriver , giving former Seagull Craig Nicholls little chance in the PZ goal.

Good luck to all at PZ for the remainder of the season , and to Perry for his remaining 5 games.

On the evidence of the two games between the clubs , there are MAJOR changes required at Penlee Park if they hope to gain promotion from this league.

Sounded to me that at times more Mousehole supporters than Penzance!

As for the incident in the first-half, well this would be an occasion one would like to hear the referee's slant on things. He must surely have seen the Penzance defender kicking out at the Mousehole striker, not once but at least twice! Why was it not a red card?

Finally, I guess this confirms it that Mousehole are the top side in West Penwith :thumbsup::yahoo: ;)

Guest Sport Lover

The ref was good on simple descisions but on the hard ones he 'wimped' out. PZ were kicking Emil all night and I thought he could of easily sent at least one maybe two penzance players. If he sent the more obvious choose off in the first half then maybe that would of stopped some of the awful tackles.

Also, what I noticed is the assistant ref/linesman hardly said a word or put their flags up for anything other than offsides or throw in's. They are there to assist and must of seen some of the PZ tackles and should be flagging for them.

If the ref only gave them the responsibility for offsides and line outs then (to me) that shows utter regards and respect to the qualified assistant refs. Isnt it about time the 3 officials work together?

Guest Dermot

I Reffed Emil Ivanov last week playing for Ludgvan at Falmouth in The Supplementary Cup and i thought he was one of the best Strikers i have seen all Season,great attitude,great ball control and for his size he won just about everything in the air. Just nice to see a guy go out there and get his head down and play football with a smile on his face.

Well done Emil. ;0) :clapper:

Guest Black&White

Big fan of Emil's, great pace and enthusiasm and knows where the goal is, would hold him in even higher regard if he didn't go down under every challenge as if he'd just been snipered!!

Seagull, you have some really good players, Prowsey, Tom P, Emil, Tonks, Joe Day, Toby, Gerens etc, but I think your greatest strength is your team spirit and work rate, with everyone willing to work their proverbials off for one another. You can't buy that and it's one of the major reasons for your well deserved success this season.

As for Pz, I don't think anyone would argue that major surgery is required after yet another hugely disappointing campaign, and if widespread rumours are to be believed, that is exactly what will be happening during the close season.

Guest Black&White

Isaac (Rodney) - the ref was Ian Roberts, who having dished out plenty of poor decisions on Pz a few times already this season (notably at Porthleven on Boxing Day), obviously decided he would then try and even things up by letting Silky off with just a yellow card - an incredible decision I agree, Seagull! :SM_carton:

Dave D - Plenty of Magpies support at the game last night, as there is at every Pz match, home and away; they just don't get much to shout or cheer about these days! A long-suffering, loyal bunch of supporters who deserve so much better...

Thanks for the comments Black & White.

Money can buy lots of things in life , but it cant buy Team Spirit and Work Rate.

As a PZ player said to one of my lads at 5-2 down, and i quote :

"At least im getting paid £xxxx after the match"

That said...if the rumours are true and a Manager comes in to PZ with experience of building(buying) League winning teams at JSWL level , then things might just change.

He will however, no doubt have a hefty players budget at his disposal. How many of his current players will make the move with him??

I was asked last night , who , if anyone from the current PZ side would i find a place for in our squad. Well on the evidence of our 2 games , the answer is 2. And i doubt that even those 2 would be in the plans of the rumoured new manager.

Guest Sport Lover

I do understand bighairydave I am a fully qualified hockey umpire, able to umpire a lot higher standard equivilant than SWP Div West!!

I was told last night budget for next year 450 quid a game

Guest Helston Patriot

I Reffed Emil Ivanov last week playing for Ludgvan at Falmouth in The Supplementary Cup and i thought he was one of the best Strikers i have seen all Season,great attitude,great ball control and for his size he won just about everything in the air. Just nice to see a guy go out there and get his head down and play football with a smile on his face.

Well done Emil. ;0) :clapper:

Emil is a good player but i have a low opinion of him after he spat at one of Helstons players a couple of seasons ago.. Shame

But well done Mousehole, holding your own and more!!

:angry2: enough is enough!!! mousehole beat penzance 14 man

squad side containing 10 1st team players only inclusive of 4 strikers .2 came from 2nds, 1 from uni,1 from junior football.not only that but a pz side that has won only 2 games since xmas. mousehole deserved victory but a shock?don,t think so.i can understand mousehole crowing but pz support follow example of terry burgess &perry bullock and get positive. they were both at 2nd team game today despite last nights dissapointment and saw a young side win at st just with 2 goals from kids alfie turner & zac podd ably supported by young hayle youth players bullock &magee. :thumbsup:

:angry2: enough is enough!!! mousehole beat penzance 14 man

squad side containing 10 1st team players only inclusive of 4 strikers .2 came from 2nds, 1 from uni,1 from junior football.not only that but a pz side that has won only 2 games since xmas. mousehole deserved victory but a shock?don,t think so.i can understand mousehole crowing but pz support follow example of terry burgess &perry bullock and get positive. they were both at 2nd team game today despite last nights dissapointment and saw a young side win at st just with 2 goals from kids alfie turner & zac podd ably supported by young hayle youth players bullock &magee. :thumbsup:

Yep , my money on Perry for 2nd team manager next season.

And let us crow...i think we've earned the right this season.

Guest Helston Patriot

To Hp,Was this seen by the ref!Was he sent off or booked!You must say illedgedly or you can be done for slander!

I

Seagull, crow all day- you earned it!!

BRING BACK GREENGRASS!!!!!

Anonymous Dan...All clubs ideas of what constitutes success are quite different.

I'm pretty sure you would be in the minority if you think "little village club" Mousehole have not exceeded everyones expectations this season (and last few seasons).

Does it hurt you that much that we have done as well as we have?

And im not even going to bring MONEY into it!!

Mousehole swpl goalkeeper and centre-half played against Falmouth Ath Yesterday. Our forwards ran the centre-half ragged,keeper was beaten by our clumsy centre-half from the pen spot,then with time running out he was beaten again with a 25 yard drive from our forward. good game though game played in great spirit from both sides,forgot to mention Mousehole were 1 up inside 10 mins nice bunch of lads always good for a bit of banter! A++++++++

Guest through 'n' through

Anonymous Dan...All clubs ideas of what constitutes success are quite different.

I'm pretty sure you would be in the minority if you think "little village club" Mousehole have not exceeded everyones expectations this season (and last few seasons).

Does it hurt you that much that we have done as well as we have?

And im not even going to bring MONEY into it!!

No please do go into the money side as we all know mousehole aren't as innocent as they say with money.

Guest through 'n' through

so y u so interested in what other players get payed and making out that mousehole players don't get payed, when we know by fact that they do.

HI General.

Its true that a few have signed Combo for Ludgvan.

Cant say im over the moon about it...but then what can i do?. Offer to dock their wages :lol:

I have a bunch of boys that just love playing footy..thankfully they are Mousehole "through n through' but a game is a game.

That said...they are usually even more hung over than usual when the turn out for someone else!! :drink:

so y u so interested in what other players get payed and making out that mousehole players don't get payed, when we know by fact that they do.

hahaha at mousehole they all pay £2/3 to play every weekend so not too sure where you've got this from

To put the record straight...

Local Boy is right...ALL 1st team players at Mousehole pay £3 per game. The same as players in the Reserves and Third teams.

At the start of this season...we advertised for player sponsors. And 4 of our players were sponsored by either local businesses or Supporters. Thats 4 out of 20+ players used this season.

NO-one asked for money , myself and Darren felt it right to advertise for sponsors, feeling that the boys deserved something to reward their loyalty to the Club and to compensate them for extra commitment etc.

We hope to attract more sponsors for 08/09!!

But we are not talking huge sums here...£££££