Cornwall Football Forum

truro and helston swpl

with the season coming to an end it is looking like truro and helston are going to be promoted to the swpl,

how do you think they will get on, do you think truro will take the rest to the cleaners, like they have done this season? and what do you think about helston

Guest WINNO

BE NICE IF WE DO GET PROMPTION AND I FEEL WE WOULD GIVE A GOOD ACCOUNT OF OURSELVES.

AS FOR TRURO THE PLAYERS THEY HAVE ARE FAR TO GOOD FOR COMBO AND PROBABLY FOR SWPL(W) AS WE ALL KNOW MORE PLAYERS WILL BE DROPPED INTO THAT SQUAD FOR NEXT SEASON AS THE TRURO 1ST TEAM SQUAD STREGTHENS YET MORE.

I THINK EVERYBODY WILL BE GLAD TO GET THEM OUT OF THE COMBINATION LEAGUE.. GIVE A FEW MORE SIDES A CHANCE.....

Unless it changes in the next few weeks only one or the other can be promoted to the SWPL.

One way it would be good to get rid of Truro so the Combo evens out again but on the other hand it's wrong that a team gains promotion by pumping £1000's into a team just to get promotion.

I personally would like to see Helston gain promotion. I know they've paid out a bit of money but they have won many points this year because of their team spirit. There again if they go up we are still left with Truro walking away with the title again next season.

Next year the combo will be a stronger league because this year saw 3 teams enter which has caused too much disruption with players shifting from team to team at the begining of the season. Some teams got left behind in the scramble for players.

Helston ? "Paid out a bit of money"? I'm shocked. For a start I know Winno doesn't hold with paying out money ! Secondly, CTB, you've just given moi hell for allegedly subsidising student travel to Tinnertown. (No more, no more !) :lol:

What's this then ? Are we saying that some clubs can hand over cash but others can't ?

On the substantive point, best of luck to whichever team goes up ! :drink:

Mr Beer, reading many of your posts through-out this site I can only say.... keep it up!!! :yahoo::yahoo:

Your literary skills coupled with your poetic use of the english language is/has been most entertaining. Whether your aim is to wind people up or, you truly have a something you want off your chest.. carry on!

I had an my own views to your running of St Justs' line, entertainment in itself, but this is even better, although I don't agree with all thats said, you have a view and its not aired behind anyones back....... I applaud that.... not the running of the line :lol:

After all if we can't air those views we may as well live in China!!

Thank you, Eddie. I only ran the line in the first place because nobody else was prepared to take the abuse, especially from my own side.....now the ruling family has dredged out a minor capo to replace me. Thank Gawd for that !!

For totalitarian tyranny to triumph, all that is necessary is that........"the good lack all conviction, while the bad/Are full of passionate intensity."

Cornish football, with its increasingly anti-democratic systems, pounded on by the plutocratic and hypocritical elites beyond, is in some respects a microcosm of that struggle.

Laughter warms the fire of subversion; language is the match.

Good luck today ! Even with Mugabe in Manor Close, may Helston remain free forever !

:yahoo:

Actually only one club is due for relegation from the SWP Div 1 West. If Godolphin win the ECPL then they may be promoted and not Truro Res or Helston.

Having just 2 promotion places for the 4 likely feeder leagues (Combo, ECPL, South Devon, Devon & Exeter) is not sufficient. Relegating the bottom 2 from each of the SWP Div 1's should be the general rule, with reprieves only if there are insufficient eligible clubs applying.

Guest Dermot

If there is only 1 place up for grabs in the SWPL West division how will that be sorted out between the Combo and the East Cornwall League?

If Truro 1sts win their League do they have the criteria to go up to the Southern League,If not does that mean that Truro 2nds,if they win the Combo have to stay their next Season?

If thats the case,Saltash & Torpoint in the East Cornwall have 1st teams in the SWPL leaving the way for Godolphin and 1 from possibly 4 in the Combo?

Does that make sense? I am going for a lie down my brain hurts. ;0) :c:

Truro Res, Helston and Godolphin were the 3 clubs from Cornwall to apply for promotion to SWP 1. From Devon there are 6 clubs applying, so unlikely more than one promotion place from Cornwall.

As I understand it, clubs must have applied by the due date + met the ground criteria + finish 1st or 2nd in the league to be eligible. Truro also need the first team to be promoted to step 4 for their reserves to reach step 7.

Assuming all three clubs satisfy the criteria, then I would assume that if Godolphin finish second in the ECPL (and Truro win the Combo) then Truro would go up. I seem to recall if both clubs finish first then a play-off could decide which team gets promoted?

Alternatively the SWP div 1's might expand to 18, thereby opening the door for more than one promotion.

As stated earlier, if both winners of the Combo or ECPL are seeking promotion and meet the ground criteria, then the rules should be changed so promotion is automatic. i.e. two sides relegated from SWP. Hopefully this will be raised at the SWP AGM.

As the number of feeder leagues is greater than 4, the proposal to take one from each of CCL & ECL wouldn't be fair on those from the Devon feeder leagues! We should not be looking at a Devon/Cornwall split; the SWPL covers the whole area, with neither county receiving preferential treatment. Neither, at this early stage in the SWPL's history, would it seem sensible to make wholesale changes to the League. I feel the current regulations are adequate to allow movement between steps 5, 6, 7 and below.

Agree it would not be fair under the current rules to promote from both ECPL and JCCL and none from either Devon & Exeter nor South Devon. My issue is with the current rules, that a club can win their league, apply on time and meet the grading criteria and be denied promotion. If the SWP league numbers are kept the same, it is possible that two clubs suffer this fate this year.