Cornwall Football Forum

11 hours ago, Green and blacks said:

Does anyone know what teams have applied / will get promoted from duchy league to east Cornwall? 
Also what is the plan for the leagues next season?

Latest figures published?
St Piran’s East 16,16,14,14,13.

similar for West.

Based on assumptions regarding how many teams there will be.

Fine tuning when exact numbers are known.

On 16/04/2023 at 09:41, baldy said:

Latest figures published?
St Piran’s East 16,16,14,14,13.

similar for West.

Based on assumptions regarding how many teams there will be.

Fine tuning when exact numbers are known.

dont think there will be 16 teams in the east currently 13 teams and only 2 applied with conditions they finish top 5

I think one of those teams, St Dominick, have withdrawn their application for promotion.

There does need to be a balance within the League's, it wouldn't look great having a St Piran League Premier with 12/13 teams with the Division One having 16. Hopefully we'll see one or two sides as a minimum promoted from the current ECPL.

20 minutes ago, Foul Throw 3 said:

I think that's Badger's point Gibbzy, think he's referring to 2x ECPL applicants. Only his club North Petherwin and Liskeard have applied to go up to St Piran haven't they? And Liskeard need to hit some form to get into the required league places.

thanks for helping me out Cal, exactly what i meant

So will the winners next season at wot ever league they r in be made to go up? Subject to ground grading or will they get promoted on the idea to get their facilities in order to stay in said league? Otherwise teams like st Dom will walk the league year in year out when they most certainly have the players of ability to play a higher level.

1 hour ago, davegrose said:

So will the winners next season at wot ever league they r in be made to go up? Subject to ground grading or will they get promoted on the idea to get their facilities in order to stay in said league? Otherwise teams like st Dom will walk the league year in year out when they most certainly have the players of ability to play a higher level.

Promotion from St Piran Premier East and West will remain by application to the FA as per the NLS Regulations.  The FA acknowledge that many teams will be happy at Feeder League level and will be unlikely to progress.  The pathway is there for those that have ambition to climb to Step 6 and beyond.  Promotion to the Premier Divisions will, certainly in the short term, remain as it it is at present i.e. by application and a top 4 (or 5 depending on the make up of the top 5) finish.  Promotion and relegation between the other St Piran divisions will be mandatory.

22 minutes ago, Steve Carpenter said:

Promotion from St Piran Premier East and West will remain by application to the FA as per the NLS Regulations.  The FA acknowledge that many teams will be happy at Feeder League level and will be unlikely to progress.  The pathway is there for those that have ambition to climb to Step 6 and beyond.  Promotion to the Premier Divisions will, certainly in the short term, remain as it it is at present i.e. by application and a top 4 (or 5 depending on the make up of the top 5) finish.  Promotion and relegation between the other St Piran divisions will be mandatory.

will there be improving facility requirements as you move up within those St piran divisions i.e. in Div 1 you may need dugouts & enclosed pitch vs not needed at Div2?

Today we have that with the ECPL for example.

1 hour ago, The Badger said:

will there be improving facility requirements as you move up within those St piran divisions i.e. in Div 1 you may need dugouts & enclosed pitch vs not needed at Div2?

Today we have that with the ECPL for example.

There are no enforceable ground grading requirements below Grade 8 Feeder League requirements other than those facilities that could be considered 'reasonable'.  There's a requirement in the draft league rules (all clubs have been sent a copy for comment) for all clubs to have adequate changing rooms, in clean condition, with hot water and toilet facilities in close proximity to their grounds.  Any without those facilities will have until the AGM in 2026 to get them in place or face expulsion.  Insisting on anything more than those basic requirements would not survive an appeal.

Moving forward, all clubs/teams in Division One, or on promotion to it, will receive an advisory grading visit to highlight any works necessary to achieve Grade 8 for promotion to the Premier Division.

Of course we all want clubs to have the best facilities that they can afford and all will be encouraged to provide the best that they can.