Cornwall Football Forum

Combellack Vehicle Recyclers East Cornwall Premier League Fixtures Saturday 11th March.

LOOE TOWN 5 - 1 ROCHE. FT

NANPEAN ROVERS 0 - 4 NORTH PETHERWIN. FT

NEWQUAY ACADEMY 0 - 2 ST MINVER. FT

ST DENNIS RES P - P LISKEARD ATHLETIC RES. 

ST NEWLYN EAST 3 - 2 ST TEATH. FT

ST STEPHEN 1 - 2 WADEBRIDGE TOWN RES. FT

TORPOINT ATH 3RDS 1 - 2 ST COLUMB MAJOR. FT

All games are 14.30 Kick offs. Good luck to all

12 minutes ago, Rjw87 said:

LOOE TOWN VS ROCHE. 

NANPEAN ROVERS VS NORTH PETHERWIN. 

NEWQUAY ACADEMY VS ST MINVER. 

ST DENNIS RES VS LISKEARD ATHLETIC RES. 

ST NEWLYN EAST VS ST TEATH. 

ST STEPHEN VS WADEBRIDGE TOWN RES. 

TORPOINT ATH 3RDS VS ST COLUMB MAJOR. 

All games are 14.30 Kick offs. Good luck to all

Looe Town 1-1 Roche 

Nanpean 1-2 North Petherwin 

Newquay 0-3 St Minver 

St Dennis Res 2-3 Liskeard Res

St Newlyn East 5-0 St Teath 

St Stephen 2-2 Wadebridge 

Torpoint 3rds 1-2 St Columb Major (big game 👀

Some interesting games, pick must be Torpoint vs SCM

LOOE TOWN 2 VS 2 ROCHE. 

NEWQUAY ACADEMY 1 VS 3 ST MINVER. 

ST DENNIS RES 1 VS 2 LISKEARD ATHLETIC RES. 

ST NEWLYN EAST 4 VS 1 ST TEATH. 

ST STEPHEN 2 VS 1 WADEBRIDGE TOWN RES. 

TORPOINT ATH 3RDS 3 VS 2 ST COLUMB MAJOR.

Just now, Hawks91 said:

Yeah mate they batterd us last 20 mins second half to be fair we had bare 11 so dug in and did well

They normally just batter us lol,well done on the result tho I'm more than aware of how hard it is to field a side especially when players call in sick at the last minute mate

Well Played to Looe today. Deserved the 3 points. 

Roche travelled with a very depleted squad including no Regular Gk and two more withdrawals 30 minutes  before leaving. Just happy to fulfill the fixture. Watched 90 minutes but only saw 45 minutes  due to the foggy misty conditions.  

Hopefully  have 5 or 6 players back next week. 

Again well played Looe. 

19 minutes ago, Pasty Lover said:

Torpoint 1 St Columb Major 2... Well.. Well.. Well... Didn't byron say wait too Torpoint play St Columb on a proper pitch and not a "school pitch"??? Opppsss 😂 

Assume you weren’t there pasty boy. Football is cruel. We battered them all over today and could’ve ended up 8-2 or something daft but chances were missed at both ends. We moved the ball so well today and no StC player will deny that. But the tide is against us at the moment. That’s life and that’s football. Casey’s boys dug in and all 11 of them had to earn every ounce. Credit to them. 

3 minutes ago, Foul Throw 3 said:

Assume you weren’t there pasty boy. Football is cruel. We battered them all over today and could’ve ended up 8-2 or something daft but chances were missed at both ends. We moved the ball so well today and no StC player will deny that. But the tide is against us at the moment. That’s life and that’s football. Casey’s boys dug in and all 11 of them had to earn every ounce. Credit to them. 

Small little st columb with 11 men battered big old famous torpoint again and took all three points. Same again in the cup is my guess 😂😂😂🎣🎣

That’s life Cornish Leg End look forward to a pint with you and Pasty Boy sometime. At least people like Byron, Casey, Dave Grose, Jon Colenzo, LeeRicks, BennoBould, etc etc don’t hide behind pseudo names even if we don’t all agree with each other’s opinions. Not cowards! 
Yes I’m hurting. Will be sucking it up and ready to go again next Sat. 

10 minutes ago, Foul Throw 3 said:

That’s life Cornish Leg End look forward to a pint with you and Pasty Boy sometime. At least people like Byron, Casey, Dave Grose, Jon Colenzo, LeeRicks, BennoBould, etc etc don’t hide behind pseudo names even if we don’t all agree with each other’s opinions. Not cowards! 

I'm not disputing you were the better team or having ago at you or your side bud. I just remember that quote from byron and was kindly reminding him 😉 I'm sure next week you beat St Columb Major convincingly. That's football 🥃

35 minutes ago, Foul Throw 3 said:

Assume you weren’t their pasty boy. Football is cruel. We battered them all over today and could’ve ended up 8-2 or something daft but chances were missed at both ends. We moved the ball so well today and no StC player will deny that. But the tide is against us at the moment. That’s life and that’s football. Casey’s boys dug in and all 11 of them had to earn every ounce. Credit to them. 

15 minutes ago, Pasty Lover said:

I'm not disputing you were the better team or having ago at you or your side bud. I just remember that quote from byron and was kindly reminding him 😉 I'm sure next week you beat St Columb Major convincingly. That's football 🥃

Just now, Billybale said:

I didn’t think it was an 8.2 game tbh. You boys played well 1 st half, sloppy goal we gave away.and  your pace killed us but 2nd half we made a game of it and kept good shape.defended well and road our’e luck of course near the end. Referee was one of the best I’ve seen in a while. Couple bad tackles but ref seemed to have a grip on it. 

Torpoint Ath 1 - 2 St Columb Major 

Torpoint goalscorer: Myles Rio Driver

Lineup: Jackson, Bark, WhiteJ, Pearce, Hussey, Robbins, Burns, Payn, Easterbrook, Rio Driver, Cullerton.

Subs: Brown, Bartolini, Rowe, Warren.

A wet 24hrs up until the game and the pitch was in excellent, slick condition for a game of football. I did think the game could be in doubt but the forecast wasn't as bad as first feared and the pitch didn't hold too much water at all, which allowed for a good game.

We started brighter and contrary to recent fixtures we moved the ball with patience and to feet which allowed us to build confidence quickly. A few balls into the front three early on looked threatening and a few scares to StC buoyed us to take the lead 9mins in. A quality ball down the left hand side into Cullerton fed Easterbrook further out wide and his low pass into Driver in the box was finished well. From there it was really positive and the back four and the Burns/Robbins midfield moved the ball well in deeper areas. Both of them had superb carbon copy passes into Easterbrook and Cullerton down the left hand channel which created good opportunities to attack but we couldn't quite get the final pass or shot off. Maybe we were trying too hard to get the perfect goal.  As the half wore on we continued to move the ball well, but St Columb sat in well and for the most part defended well and stayed in shape. They weren't completely thwarted and had chances of their own. Craig Allen as always was a threat and on two occasions we did well to snuff him out at the last min as danced through a few challenges to the edge of the box before being squeezed out and the 2nd time skipped the 1st tackled but a last ditch block by Pearce stopped his shot from 12yards. These counters did cause us issues and St Columb set pieces were a worry with them being a far bigger side. Luckily we did enough defensively to stop Tom Howes' threat and Jackson in goal came and caught a few to stem the flow. We had set pieces of our own which were also a threat but again the final piece of the puzzle was missing. Efforts on goal from both Hussey and Robbins evaded the wall but were comfortably saved by the visiting keeper in slippery conditions. Easterbrook had opportunities to shoot but was blocked or saved, and the score remained 1-0 until HT.

With StC only having one named sub I hoped we'd outplay them and they'd begin to tire. But they weren't deterred and their experience showed and not longer after the restart Tom Ball capitalised on what should have been dealt with and equalised. Around 60mins a heavy/loose touch by Bark in their half created a race to the ball between him and Tom Howes and the young full back as ever was quickest to the ball and Howes clattered into him leaving the youngster in pain and shaken. Yellow card and was dealt with well by the referee. An initial worry and Roberts showed some class in his sincere interaction. Bark limped on and in hindsight I should have taken him off right away, but he wanted to jog it off. A minute or two later Bark was the last defender to deal with a high bouncing ball for a simple header back to Jackson which wasn't dealt with and Craig Allen sniffed out the indecision, stole the ball and took the lead for the visitors. A lesson learnt for both myself and Aidy. 

Still with half an hour left we didn't give up doing the right things but with 3 points to cling onto StC were even more motivated to keep us at bay. I think they were far less of a threat in the 2nd half compared to the 1st but their 2 goals was eventually enough for a big 3 points. I lost count how many low crosses from Easterbrook on the left avoided everyone inside 12 yards and any Gold shirt on the end of one would've had to end in an equaliser, but we couldn't quite get on the end of one. Driver had another chance to add to his earlier goal but was forced wide and his low shot was saved. Pearce had two headers from corners but not quite clean enough to really threaten. The one set piece we did manage to get on target was caught by the man on the back post and cleared. One of those where his body language and our reaction was telling but a referee can't give what he didn't see. The best chance to finally get a deserved equaliser was a great diagonal ball inside the left back to Ryan Warren who took a superb first touch but then rushed it. Had an age to take another touch out of his feet and better his angle at goal but his low effort on goal was too central and an easy save. One of those days. We still had loads of time as it only takes seconds to score a goal but eventually I could sense a decreasing belief and that it wasn't going to be our day as we lost discipline with 2 silly bookings and started to rush our play and made it easier for the visitors as the game wore on and eventually petered out. 1-2 FT.

1 point from 4 games is less than ideal, but each game has been different. Outworked for one, lacked grit and know how for another, composure and quality for the 3rd but yesterday was just that cutting edge of the hardest thing to do in the game and that's stick the ball in the back of the net. A cruel cruel sport and the lows are certainly outweighing the effort required to set the team up every game at the minute. If we play that game yesterday 10 times we probably win 8 or 9 of them I think but when the tide's against you you just don't get the rub of the green. By my/our standards the league table now looks very poor but with the Semi Final next week it could still be a successful season but now more is riding on that one off game. We are very close but no cigar, yet. 

Credit to Casey and St Columb who had the experience and calmness we lacked and were on their best behaviour throughout. I think there were 4 or 5 fully justified yellow cards and the referee Simon Mann was really good. Not often both sides praise a referee is it, which speaks volumes. Onto the week ahead where hopefully an enjoyable training session and the big one away at St Columb for the SF. 

Looe Town V Roche 1st  

Another week and another tough game to be played. We know Roche can be a difficult team to beat and they always seem to be well organised and play their game.

The game started and as we thought, Roche pushed us hard for the first fifteen minutes. They opened the scoring on the 18th minute with their first clear chance, making it 1-0 to Roche.

Looe looked a bit taken back but 2 minutes later responded. A cross in from Jacob Owen, across the 18 yard line into Matt Elphick. Who put it away to equalise 1-1. Looe then took the lead 4 minutes later, when Roche conceded a free kick 30 yards out from goal. Philippos Kombostiotis struck the ball and placed it in the top far corner, making it 2-1 to Looe.

Richard Faircloth went wondering and passed the ball in to Matt Elphick, who scored again on he 28th minute. Looe were now looking comfortable and kept the ball moving. Matt Steed, Jack Woollett & Teddy taking control in the middle of the park.

Half Time 3-1 Looe

Second half started and not long in Phil Kos, score his 2nd of the game. Roche now looking beat and their heads dropped. Looe continued to pass it around and looking to move the ball forwards at every chance.

Jacob Owen was subbed off for Archie sweeney (57th Minute), 7 minutes later scoring a great goal that was assisted by Billy Chamberlain.

Sol Phillips was brought on For Teddy in the middle of the park. Not long after Oliver Finnamore come on for Phil (who took a knock) and Dan Oliver on for Billy at full back.

Game ended 5-1 to Looe

A great result for Looe and that’s 4 wins in a row. Its starting to click for these young lads and we look forward to gaining more points before the seasons end!

Roches no:5 was their best player and he tried to give us a good game, good luck to Roche with the rest of their season.

Team – Ryan Cooke, Billy Chamberlain, JJ Puckey, Richie Faircloth, Kieran Hemming, Matt Steed, Jack Woollett ©, Teddy Haffenden, Philippos Kombostiotis, Jacob Owen, Matt Elphick.

Subs – Sol Phillips, Dan Oliver, Oliver Finnamore, Archie Sweeney, Aubrey Boxall

Goals – Phil Kos x2 Matt Elphick x 2 Archie Sweeney 1

19 hours ago, Foul Throw 3 said:

Torpoint Ath 1 - 2 St Columb Major 

Being at the game, albeit with a 2 year old, it was clear that first half dominance and missed chances could come back to bite Torpoint. As Callum has said above, Allen still provided a threat despite not scoring first half but his quality shone through in the second period couple with a couple of defensive errors. I will say credit to St Columb who really dug in when their backs were against the wall, both in the first half and the last 15 when Torpoint had attack after attack.

I've ran the side on a couple of occasions this season when Callum has been away so it was nice to have another look at a few. With my other commitments, I've not been able to get a proper look at Rio Driver, you can see his ability and with more game time available I'd hope he'd grow into the next find for the Club. From the weekends squad, we've been able to see 90% of the players get some minutes for the reserve side which is testament to the job Callum is doing with the ECPL side. It's not easy to be competitive season after season whilst having players progress full time or on a week by week basis.

I'll agree with both sides on the official, Simon Mann, who really let the game flow in what became slippy conditions in the second half.

On 11/03/2023 at 18:21, Harold25 said:

Any report from nanpean today.. all abit quiet on the social media.. unlike midweek 😊

Both teams started well, Nanpean had the best early chances and should have taken the lead when i believe Jaffa Rowe picked up on a defensive lapse and should have scored but was fired straight at the covering defender on the line. From here Petherwin got themselves together and to be honest that was the only real chance Nanpean had as the defence and midfield were superb with a special call out to Owen Pennington filling in at RB and had an outstanding game. 

Petherwin had several chances to score and finally after Josh Sanders won the ball high up the pitch Jack Digby got the opener with a deflected shot. Shortly after with some neat play through the midfield MOTM & Donkey of the game Alex Williams coolly slotted home our 2nd off the post. HT 0-2

Second half started slow on our part but fortunately we never felt at risk of conceding. We thought we added a third when Joe Reeve headed in a fine Brandon Stott corner but was disallowed for a push by Alex Williams at the front post. I didn't see it but Alex disputed and ended up in the sin bin. I didn't mind about the sin bin decision as if he did talk out of turn then he gives the ref a decision, but just need consistency as on several occasions Nanpean players should have had the same for protests and swearing but got nothing. On the whole though i thought the young ref had a good game especially as being assessed. 

From here at 2-0 and 10 men it could have changed the game but instead seemed to galvanise us and we scored twice more with 10 players. The 3rd coming from Wevill who used his pace to get to a soft pass back to beat and round the keeper and the 4th coming from a Jack Digby direct free kick after he was fouled on the edge of the box.

On the whole a good win away against an improving Nanpean side. Was nice to see Lee Ricks from Foxhole keeping his eye on us :)  

Nanpean could have and probably should have scored early on, through Scott brown who had his shot inside the 18 yard box saved/deflecting wide. After that chance didn’t really think Nanpean had many more chances. A couple deflected goals in the 1st half saw you out of sight tbh, after that there was only going to be one winner. 

I live only over the road and that was the only local game on worth watching mate. 😁 going to be a hectic couple of months now for the foxes with fixtures piling up and 2 semi finals to look forward to. 
a lot of massive games still yet to be played 👍

22 minutes ago, LeeRicks9 said:

Nanpean could have and probably should have scored early on, through Scott brown who had his shot inside the 18 yard box saved/deflecting wide. After that chance didn’t really think Nanpean had many more chances. A couple deflected goals in the 1st half saw you out of sight tbh, after that there was only going to be one winner. 

I live only over the road and that was the only local game on worth watching mate. 😁 going to be a hectic couple of months now for the foxes with fixtures piling up and 2 semi finals to look forward to. 
a lot of massive games still yet to be played 👍

yeah good to catch up, lets hope those soon to be 7 games in hand takes its toll :)

On 11/03/2023 at 21:40, Foul Throw 3 said:

🎣🎣🎣🎣🎣🎣🎣🎣🎣 big one on here 😉😉