Cornwall Football Forum

RESULT - FRIDAY 3 MARCH 2023

nice crowd for Callington on a cold night, entertaining game plenty chances for both sides, blazey just had that little bit of extra class and experience in the final third, Callington played pretty well i thought ,but not many teams will beat blazey  .ref was very good

Callington Town 0v3 St Blazey. Att.140

Perfect night for Friday night football. St Blazey have now played three Friday night away fixtures in recent weeks, winning three, scoring ten without conceding. St Blazey could and should have scored more. Most importantly, three more points on the board. 

The pitch was looking 👌 when we arrived. 

No programme ☹️ Being on a college ground, surly an excellent opportunity for someone to produce their programmes as part of their course. 

St Blazey play Newquay at home next Wednesday. Kick off 7.30pm.

A Friday night affair which could well have seen a lot more goals than the three!

Callington starting line-up only had four the same as last time I watched them which was in mid January! Didn't see a team sheet for correct numbers but I thought the home side's No.7 looked tidy player.

And can anyone clear up what the St Blazey keeper was doing a couple times behind his own goal! Received a yellow for the second occasion!

6 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

A Friday night affair which could well have seen a lot more goals than the three!

Callington starting line-up only had four the same as last time I watched them which was in mid January! Didn't see a team sheet for correct numbers but I thought the home side's No.7 looked tidy player.

And can anyone clear up what the St Blazey keeper was doing a couple times behind his own goal! Received a yellow for the second occasion!

i did not see myself but  a few people said he was  taking a pee , true or not  i dont know

35 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

I heard he was retrieving his towel, evidently the local kids kept nicking it. 

21 hours ago, tamar.man said:

nice crowd for Callington on a cold night, entertaining game plenty chances for both sides, blazey just had that little bit of extra class and experience in the final third, Callington played pretty well i thought ,but not many teams will beat blazey  .ref was very good

As a summation pretty much perfect. Nice to see a decent crowd at the Marsh. Blazey had more of, and the easier, chances to score. That they did meant 3 points for them!

Callington trying to play more football now? They were a bit ‘dogs of war’ at times under S Vincent. A good effort either way

On 04/03/2023 at 04:33, Paul said:

Callington Town 0v3 St Blazey. Att.140

Perfect night for Friday night football. St Blazey have now played three Friday night away fixtures in recent weeks, winning three, scoring ten without conceding. St Blazey could and should have scored more. Most importantly, three more points on the board. 

The pitch was looking 👌 when we arrived. 

No programme ☹️ Being on a college ground, surly an excellent opportunity for someone to produce their programmes as part of their course. 

St Blazey play Newquay at home next Wednesday. Kick off 7.30pm.

They had a  programme last season / earlier this season. Disappointing not even a team sheet available, but that applies to clubs other than Cally too. How much does it cost to run off a few tea sheets - next to nothing! BTW keep your quality programme coming Blazey! Thank you for your commitment to such.

8 hours ago, Both Sides of the Tamar said:

They had a  programme last season / earlier this season. Disappointing not even a team sheet available, but that applies to clubs other than Cally too. How much does it cost to run off a few tea sheets - next to nothing! BTW keep your quality programme coming Blazey! Thank you for your commitment to such.

Currently working on Wednesday nights programme. Could be a chilly night. Wrap up warm and grab a programme and enjoy some local football. 

Callington always put team sheets up on twitter , the twitter account is pretty good,  the majority of fans going to local football have twitter .sign of the times..i think even argyle have reduced the amount of programmes they produce  and some football league clubs have stopped matchday programmes totally..

10 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

Thought most teams were swapping to electronic programmes ?  They mentioned the printing costs and effort wasn’t worth it when you get only handful people turn up. Can understand that 

Can understand why team's don't print them anymore, but the physical copy of the matchday programme is a big loss to the non league game. One of the joys of match going is leaning on the railings at half time reading it.

I put together the Parkway programme for a couple of seasons. Hard work (especially at this time of the season when the re arranged games came thick and fast), but always a pleasure putting it together.  (Think it's OK now to reveal that I "ghost wrote" Wayne Hillson's manager's notes).