Cornwall Football Forum

Godolphin 1 - Mullion 2

A fiesty but also dull affair tonight if that’s possible. I was hoping for a good game with Mullions early season form but I thought they looked a very average side so just showing the drop in standard in the league this season.

there was little quality from both sides, Matty Sanders as always was commanding and strong and the G were busy in the middle of the pitch but the game was dull until the last 10 when G took the lead only to then lose a penalty to I have to say a horrendous decision. The chap in black had a bad game I thought. Then mullion scored the winner in the dying minutes.

I think G will feel harshly done to with the decision but the truth is they didn’t do enough to win the game. Yet another game went past with no change in formation or style and the old boy in nets for Mullion was closer to my age and I can’t remember G having a shot at him bar the goal.

I think G under pats and pre season were attacking, quick on the wings, and scoring for fun pre season. Since the new manager has come in I think the football has been very poor. It’s hard for me to see as I was full of hope in pre season and may of got carried away in here! Forgive this old chap !

just a fan who loves football and not a player but it just seems the same thing being done week in week out, Josh isolated up top, no threat. This was 3 points lost and I think when mullion play blazey or the likes you will see a big score! 

we’ll time for a hot cup of tea and my bed, and on to see newquay hopefully fair better tomorrow 

46 minutes ago, BrummyBarry said:

Refs fault

Good morning sir, the hand ball decision indeed was horrendous I do agree, however it wasn’t the refs fault g lost the game and saying so it’s what’s going To prevent G doing anything this season. It’s too easy to say it’s the refs fault yet against a very average beatable mullion side for the 3rd or so game in a row G did nothing. The keeper was about 5 foot and close to my age and they didn’t register one shot. The football has been awful and so uncreative. Anyone watching that match and the last three can see that G are struggling to score, playing Josh upfront on his own doesn’t work yet week after week the manager is watching the same thing and doing nothing. Surely there has to be something different, see what’s not working. I think you’ll be hard pressed to find anyone at the game last night that wasn’t throughly bored.

No doubt we’ll see the same team, same tactics next game and the same result, as I say it’s hard to watch a team you love not win games they should easily be winning l, yes the ref had a bad game but you have to take ownership and win the game yourself, g should of of been able to win that game by three or four if they had actually tested the chap in goal 

57 minutes ago, supportcornishfootball said:

The keeper was about 5 foot and close to my age and they didn’t register one shot.

I think you just might be doing Paul an injustice. He maybe coming on 72 but with age comes experience and he’s still very capable of putting his own gloves on and bending down in time to stop this modern day “let’s not shoot until we’re in the penalty area” football!

9 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

I think you just might be doing Paul an injustice. He maybe coming on 72 but with age comes experience and he’s still very capable of putting his own gloves on and bending down in time to stop this modern day “let’s not shoot until we’re in the penalty area” football!

I guess we’ll never know as G didn’t put one shot at him 😂 I tell a lie, 1 shot all game that went in 

A few weeks a go the G where brilliant but last few games they have been poor i noticed some different players there and i see Callum Bertrand not there and hes a great player and where is Josh gone alongside Harry ,

Maybe 1 day both Newquay teams will merge then they would have a really good team i personally dont want to see it because Godolphin are such a friendly club with good people but how can they carry on with the meagre attendance they are getting Newquay are playing rubbish at the moment but they are still getting good crowds and have brilliant facilities so maybe both teams will join forces then be challenging for the league but its now looking like its going to be a long pld sason for both clubs 

3 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

A few weeks a go the G where brilliant but last few games they have been poor i noticed some different players there and i see Callum Bertrand not there and hes a great player and where is Josh gone alongside Harry ,

Maybe 1 day both Newquay teams will merge then they would have a really good team i personally dont want to see it because Godolphin are such a friendly club with good people but how can they carry on with the meagre attendance they are getting Newquay are playing rubbish at the moment but they are still getting good crowds and have brilliant facilities so maybe both teams will join forces then be challenging for the league but its now looking like its going to be a long pld sason for both clubs 

Yeah I’ve wondered where Josh has been would be nice to see him back. I noticed a few new players too but they seem to be on the bench and haven’t really seen them be given time yet. For sure g need something, great to see matty return last night and with a goal. 

interesting to see how newquay fair tonight