Falmouth DC                   7-0         Threemilestone Reserves

Tregony                           1-3     Holman Sports Club

DIVISION 3

Lanner                              6-3         St Ives Mariners

St Keverne                       0-3        Dropship

DIVISION 4

Dropship Reserves         1-3        Ruan Minor

Penryn Ath Reserves     4-1       Storm

In the absence of last season's fixtures thread I've had to start this one.

Not the start I'd hoped for, but Carharrack are up a division. Nice to see they're undertaking some ground improvements. Credit to Jamie Chown and his helpers. With the old fencing removed the ground somehow looks neater, and new fencing is planned with concrete posts. Nice bright new nets, too. Val still in the tea hut, though, where she still provides bacon butties, sausage butties, chips, etc., which you don't get on all grounds, even some at a higher level.

I was getting a cup of tea when the game started so I started my stop-watch and put it in my pocket. Bit of chat with Val, a shout goes up, I look round and there is the ball in Carharrack's net. By the time I fished the watch out of my pocket it read 44 seconds! Oops! It was 0 - 2 on 12, a lob from outside the box; but Carharrack dug in and resisted Wendron's rather efficient-looking attack until half-time.

Second half, down the slope and I thought there was still a chance and Carharrack dominated possession, except whoops! a break up the left wing and on 51 Wendron were 3 - 0 up. This was against the run of play but there was the score. Carharrack pounded away, sometimes foiled by the way the ball picked up speed towards the Wendron goal on the hard pitch (the surface of which looked very good). On 72 Marcus George pulled a goal back in a scramble that followed a free-kick, but Carharrack couldn't get a second goal which just might have made the difference. The Wendron 'keeper looked competent and playing above this level, I thought. He survived an injury sustained making a good save.

Good chatting to Jamie and meeting his dog, and an enjoyable chat throughout the game with Rich, setting the world to rights!

Tea still £1 but some food prices have gone up, though that's understandable. Nice to be back, just the wrong result.

Do Carharrack have a game Tuesday evening? Not on the Trelawney League fixtures.

• Dave Deacon changed the title to TRELAWNY LEAGUE - Saturday 20 August 2022 & Carharrack 1, Wendron 4ths 3
  • Richard Chown changed the title to TRELAWNY LEAGUE - Saturday 20th August 2022