Cornwall Football Forum

PRE SEASON FRIENDLY WADEBRIDGE VS MOUSEHOLE

100%cornish

Well 1st of the pre season matches start for me and my sidekick tmmrw ,off to the lovely ground and people at Wadebridge Bodieve Park cant wait sad when you get excited about going to watch a friendly match but its a chance to see better class of players and Mousehole have them in abundance and it will be nice to see the 3 ex Newquay players again Louis Price ,Hayden Turner and Callam Mc Conie all brilliant players and they also have a certain Mark Goldsworthy and now Andy Watkins as well some strike force .

Looking forward to see my adopted team Wadebridge as well i have severel trips planned to watch all there pre season Matches and no doubt some league matches . Be good to see Young Jack Rapsey playing great player and also im hoping the great Steve Simmonds puts on the red shirt of Wadebridge he will be great for the young Wadebridge defence .

Enjoy your footy fellow supporters i will be getting to Wadebridge ground nice and early take me all my time to get out of the town here in Newquay ,but want to get to the ground and take lots of photos of the Mousehole team training . 

Take Care everybody theres some nutters on the road now 

Hope you enjoy the 22/23 season Steve! Might catch you & Smokie tomorrow mate? I watched 78 local games last season, I’m hoping to beat that this season!? Expect you beat that no doubt mate? I know Deacs and Mr Phil Hiscox beat that by miles!! Think Phil saw about 500 goals as well!!? Did you manage to watch all of the Slates charity game Steve? Last time I saw you i think? Cracking match, lovely day, and loads raised for charity! Well done Slates! All the best to you and Smokie Steve 👍

Morning Mark didnt watch as many matches as you about 60 i think ,no i didnt see all the Slates match because Of Smokie in the car but it was a lovely day great football all in a good course hope its done annually some great players there ,just a really nice day and lovely weather.

May see you at Wadebridge later Mark just got soaked doggy walking heavy drizzle here .Have to take a picture of you and Jack wont be no Matt Lloyd today he told me hes playing cricket but will be back for the Tavi Match on Thursday See you later Mark or im bound to see you at Wadebridge sometime as i will be there for all the pre season matches 

Back from watching a very enjoyable game this afternoon in lovely weather , i thought i was at Mt Wise watching Newquay play because in the Mousehole team there was 5 ex Newquay players , Turner , McConie , Price , Downing and Dilley .Mousehole played some lovely football and Callam Mc Conie i thought was brilliant ,But in Wadebridge Goalie Rob Rosevear they had someone in inspired form he was simply brilliant stopping everything Mousehole could throw at him save after save he made he wont have a better game all season just a shame he was beaten 5 mins from the end of the match by  a Louis Price goal i think . 

Wadebridge went into the game without a centre back but the young no19 Corey Sargent had a real good game , Mousehole brought 2 teams and where missing new signing Reece Thompson and Captain Billy Curtis as well as Mark Goldsworthy who was there in the warm up but did not play in the match .

I can see Wadebridge doing well they gave Ollie Chenoweth a couple of scares but he was equal to them ,I thought Marks Son had a quiet game but he will come good im sure of that Had a nice chat with Wadebridge manager Paul i would of offered to step in and play Centre Half but this old 64 year old is ready for the nackers yard .

Well done to both teams officials where in charge of the game well Shaun Edge ,Alan Howells and Ashley Morris not a bad crowd there even Mr Massey was there .

Only can be 1 mom for Wadebridge Rob Rosevear and for Mousehole Callam McConie his wing play was a joy to watch . 

Thats the 1st of my pre season matches onto Thursday for the Tavi match ,didnt like my Petrol Gauge dropping cost a bloody fortune .

Ok people hope some reports of other matches are put on here like the 5-0 hammering Falmouth got vs Tavi cant believe that was the Falmouth 1st team Ryan Barnes letting in 5 goals i dont think so and it wasnt even the full Tavi team 

Wadebridge   (0)  0

Mousehole  (0)   1          Louis Price 79’

Att:  120

Think Steve summed it up well, good attendance in the Bodieve sunshine (mostly). Rob Rosvear in inspired form between the sticks, must have made over half a dozen top class saves, a stand out man of the match. Callum McOnie and Hayden Turners skill and pace were always a threat for the Seagulls amongst others, too many good players to mention! The Bridgers created a few chances of their own during the 90 minutes and Ollie Chenoweth had to make a couple of smart stops as well. Thought both teams looked pretty sharp considering it was their first match and both Ashy and Rower could take loads of positives from a good and entertaining game of football, well reffed by Shaun. The 90 minutes flew by which is always a good sign I think!? Well done to both teams 👍👏🏼

Haha, gave the wife and mother in law an afternoon out after watching rugby all morning Steve! Cream tea at the garden centre followed by a couple hours at football! What a gent!! 😁👍 Saw you on the far side snapping away! Hope you got some good shots mate!? I’ll catch you and Smokie at one of the games, think I can make 3 out the 5 friendlies mate? Tavi away a tough test for your first fixture, don’t expect Westy will lose much sleep over the result, it’s all about being right for Wellington at Bickland on July 30th mate 👍💛🖤

On 02/07/2022 at 19:05, 100%cornish said:

Looked out for you Mark i suppose you was with the posh people lol, What happened to your team Falmouth losing 5-0 that couldnt of been the Falmouth 1st team surely cant see Ryan and Wardy give away 5 goals and that wasnt even the Tavi 1st team 

It was Falmouth's full squad that went to Tavistock with the exception of Ollie Walker who it's assumed has signed and so was unavailable. 

Good quality game actually with Town matching Tavistock for long periods of the game, especially in midfield. However, it seemed that every time Tavistock got anywhere near the Town area, it resulted in a goal.  Town had a few chances and JBE worked hard up front on his own. Young Alex Wharton had a great game and gave Josh Robbins a torrid time 1st half.  He went past him nearly every time. Very promising.

The game served it's purpose as it gave Town a stark indication of what will be required in the "Big Boys" league this season. (To quote a prominent local manager!)

The Town Man - am new to the forum so wouldn’t want to upset anyone (moved to the area a couple of years ago, watched a lot of Western League and Southern League football and a few SWPL games (mainly Falmouth as best in that league). Agree with some of what was said - Full Falmouth Team (certainly until 3-0 down in 2nd half) but Tavistock missing 4/5 key players - but can’t agree with ‘matching in midfield’. Falmouth are really exciting and a great watch (love the CF), fast football - but we’re undone as they had no-one in the middle of the park who could control the game. Tavistock’s two central midfielders decided when to break play up / speed it up or slow it down - Falmouth had no ‘plan B’ and for me that was the difference. Other than Falmouth’s bench did not improve the squad - would hate to quote an England rugby manager - but they had no ‘finishers’.  

Also thought the two wide player and the lad who got his hat trick looked out of their depth for Tavistock (not fair for someone who scored 3 goals - two tap ins, I know - but was poor when out wide and can’t see Tavistock starting them in a proper game - at the moment - you can see loads of raw talent there but a bit or coaching needed first)

It’s only a PSF and nothing matters - Falmouth will do very well and Tavistock are now my ‘adopted’ team - with players out, they looked good.  Their new assistant coach has loads of CV, which must be good for a team with apparently limited budget but aspirations. 

All only my views and having read comments on here will be berated for them but I actually enjoyed the game (£8 for a PSF was a bit much)