Cornwall Football Forum

LES PHILLIPPS WESTERN LEAGUE CUP SEMI FINAL VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS

Great highlights helston looked the better team but just no decent striker to finish the chances.  
 No idea what Bentley was moaning about. He got beat in the air and then chucked his toys out the pram , helston could have done with keeping 11 on the pitch , Steve mentioned a few times the discipline isn’t good enough 

1 hour ago, sportsman10 said:

Great highlights helston looked the better team but just no decent striker to finish the chances.  
 No idea what Bentley was moaning about. He got beat in the air and then chucked his toys out the pram , helston could have done with keeping 11 on the pitch , Steve mentioned a few times the discipline isn’t good enough 

For context he wasn’t moaning about the challenge from the corner it was for the referee giving a free kick for a high boot when Tyler’s foot was no where near the defenders head that resulting free kick ended in a corner which resulted in the goal!! after playing so well, to have a game decided like that so late it’s heartbreaking and frustrating to say the least. 

8 hours ago, Stu B said:

For context he wasn’t moaning about the challenge from the corner it was for the referee giving a free kick for a high boot when Tyler’s foot was no where near the defenders head that resulting free kick ended in a corner which resulted in the goal!! after playing so well, to have a game decided like that so late it’s heartbreaking and frustrating to say the least. 

Didn’t  see any players moaning at Shanley or Hands for there misses though which were much worse than the free kick award. Which I don’t think was an incorrect decision either.

Just now, Footy follower said:

Nothing wrong with the Shanley miss...... He headed it back from where the keeper was like you should and a world class reaction save stopped it. 

Agree... The other one was a bad miss..... But they happen 

But they are treated very differently to a perceived mistake from a referee. 

On 02/05/2022 at 19:20, bighairydave said:

Didn’t  see any players moaning at Shanley or Hands for there misses though which were much worse than the free kick award. Which I don’t think was an incorrect decision either.

Football is all about opinions that’s yours and me and my team mates have ours 👍🏻💙