Cornwall Football Forum

Gordon “Rocky” Render R.I.P

RAPPO

Sad news for us all today as Falmouths former physio from the late 80s, early 90s great times, Gordon Rocky Render passed away this morning after a long illness with wife Di by his bedside. We’ve all got fantastic memories and stories of Rocky but he was old school, hard as nails and those rubs in the winter with his mixture of horse linament and crisp and dry chip fat oil rubbed in painfully by those sandpaper massive builders hands meant we never felt the cold anywhere! Even Appledore away in January!! Not many tackles hurt more than Rockys 5 minute rub!! Unbelievable character, loved by the lads and management and a big part of all our successes around those times. Will miss bumping into Rocky at Bickland and having my day brightened up. Gone to join those Town legends in the sky but certainly never forgotten by any of us who had the pleasure of his company on match days and end of season tours. RIP Rocky, love to Di. Mark and all the family x 💛🖤

4 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Always found Gordon to be a very likeable fella, sorry to hear about his passing.

Rocky was a good friend and good neighbour . We drove him up to the league Cup final when we beat Tavistock and he came on the coach with us when we played Hamworthy in the Vase .He loved it .He was over the moon when I told him the vase quarter finalist team were having a reunion at bickland 3 years ago, and was in his element that day,but unfortunately he didn't get to see Sammy Leonce again.

Farewell Gord ,I'm going to miss our Sunday morning chats over the wall about the previous days game .

No doubt Trevor Mewton has already signed you up for his Legends team in the sky .