Cornwall Football Forum

RESULTS - Friday & Saturday 4 & 5 February 2022

Friday 4 February 2022

EAST

Millbrook Reserves     3-0         AFC St Austell Reserves

Saturday 5 February 2022

EAST

Bude Town                                     P-P         Polperro            

Morwenstow                                 2-5         Torpoint Athletic Reserves

Saltash Borough                            6-2         Launceston Reserves

Saltash United Reserves              3-1         Sticker Reserves

St Mawgan                                     5-0         Callington Town Reserves

WEST

Hayle                                               6-1         Redruth United

Helston Athletic Reserves            3-2         St Agnes

Illogan RBL                                      2-1         St Day

Mullion                                            4-1         Wendron United Reserves

Perranporth                                   0-6         Mousehole Development

Perranwell                                      P-P         Truro City Reserves

Porthleven                                      3-0         St Ives Town

Millbrook Res 4 - 0 St Austell Res

A very one sided game with Millbrook dominating the chances created. Should’ve been 2 or 3 up before eventually the 1st went in before 2 more in quick concession for 3-0 HT lead. Lots of young players on the pitch for both sides, but have to assume the visitors were depleted when compared to the last time I saw them not long before Xmas. 

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Friday & Saturday 4 & 5 February 2022

A cracking game at Illogan yesterday! Well attended, a local derby, conditions that didn't make it easy for much cultured football to be attempted, and played as if it was a cup tie!

Dom Batchelor broke the deadlock midway through the first 45 minutes for the hosts with a goal from just inside the visitors half and their lead was doubled before the break through a glancing header from Ashley Smeeth.

With the wind behind St Day and playing down the slope in the second half, not surprisingly they pulled a goal back through Jowan Kitchener just past the hour and with plenty of time remaining I expected them to push on and level things. However a determined Illogan weathered the storm, held out for all three points to take over from their opponents at the top of the table.

I thought the ref did well in a game that couldn't have been easy to officiate. I've never seen him before and so assume it was Thomas Roper as per the full-time info. Some might say too many free-kicks but probably necessary in a blood and thunder affair. And no hesitation to use the sin bin as well - Babbo what you doing being sent there with only a couple minutes to go when your side needed you the most? :SM_carton_y::o 

Special mention as well for Jordan Knuckey - what an engine!

1 hour ago, Dave Deacon said:

A cracking game at Illogan yesterday! Well attended, a local derby, conditions that didn't make it easy for much cultured football to be attempted, and played as if it was a cup tie!

Dom Batchelor broke the deadlock midway through the first 45 minutes for the hosts with a goal from just inside the visitors half and their lead was doubled before the break through a glancing header from Ashley Smeeth.

With the wind behind St Day and playing down the slope in the second half, not surprisingly they pulled a goal back through Jowan Kitchener just past the hour and with plenty of time remaining I expected them to push on and level things. However a determined Illogan weathered the storm, held out for all three points to take over from their opponents at the top of the table.

I thought the ref did well in a game that couldn't have been easy to officiate. I've never seen him before and so assume it was Thomas Roper as per the full-time info. Some might say too many free-kicks but probably necessary in a blood and thunder affair. And no hesitation to use the sin bin as well - Babbo what you doing being sent there with only a couple minutes to go when your side needed you the most? :SM_carton_y::o 

Managed to take this one in. Completely agree with Ref, handled game really well, never has Barry in the Illogan goal been so quiet. A welcome relief for the spectators! Thought there were some nasty afters from the usual suspects which were missed. I liked his use of sin bin, much under used by refs. 2nd half all st day, felt the Illogan linesman made some big calls and involved at certain times throughout the 2nd half. I do fear the barriers around the pitch are an accident waiting to happen, especially following a spirit challenge and helping shove.  

4 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Nice to see St Day put in their place,far too much noise and ego when they never actually win anything

6 hours ago, EddieD said:

Managed to take this one in. Completely agree with Ref, handled game really well, never has Barry in the Illogan goal been so quiet. A welcome relief for the spectators! Thought there were some nasty afters from the usual suspects which were missed. I liked his use of sin bin, much under used by refs. 2nd half all st day, felt the Illogan linesman made some big calls and involved at certain times throughout the 2nd half. I do fear the barriers around the pitch are an accident waiting to happen, especially following a spirit challenge and helping shove.  

Got shoved in to one of those pillars in semi final a few years ago.  Massively bruised back and unbelievable pain in the ribs, so you're correct. They are dangerous. 

3 hours ago, CB34 said:

Nice to see St Day put in their place,far too much noise and ego when they never actually win anything

What noise have you been hearing.  Very quite on here.

1 hour ago, St Darren said:

Got shoved in to one of those pillars in semi final a few years ago.  Massively bruised back and unbelievable pain in the ribs, so you're correct. They are dangerous. 

Same here but its lucky I'm that small I just ducked under the barrier.😉

Hayle 6-1 Redruth, 3 away wins on the trot just wasn't meant to be for us, the scoreline a little bit harsh on us, going 1-0 up early on thanks to a tidy finish from Louis Matthews. Soon cancelled out by 2 goals from Cameron Irish, who was superb and a real nuisance all afternoon. Was a good first half of football, HT 2-1. Second half was fairly even until Hayle got the all important 3rd, after that it was always going to be tough for the reds, even more so after captain went off injured, we carried on digging in deep and had some very good chances but just couldn't take them. A few late Hayle goals made a very good, close game seem very one sided but credit to Hayle who were the better side.