Cornwall Football Forum

Referee training

I refd my first competitive match yesterday as no official ref available.  It was a really tough game with lots of physicality, moaning and aggression.  I gave what I saw and felt I was fair but it was not easy.  

I know most of the rules but cant say I know them all.  I dont know the action I should take if I issue yellow or red cards for example.

With the expectation that clubs must now provide a named ref, do the F A have any plans to offer training to support?

26 minutes ago, Wildee said:

I refd my first competitive match yesterday as no official ref available.  It was a really tough game with lots of physicality, moaning and aggression.  I gave what I saw and felt I was fair but it was not easy.  

I know most of the rules but cant say I know them all.  I dont know the action I should take if I issue yellow or red cards for example.

With the expectation that clubs must now provide a named ref, do the F A have any plans to offer training to support?

They are looking at club referee course as soon as they can get one organised I believe.

Also take a look at The FA’s training hub on the Boot Room where this is also a short online course too.

1 hour ago, Dave Deacon said:

What would the main difference be in a “Club referee course” compared to a “referee course”?

I'd imagine it's very condensed and the Club referee wouldn't be added on the referee list?

Personally, I'd encourage clubs to invest in putting a player through the course which will hopefully be cheaper soon - or even better, any players coming to the end of their playing career would be an asset 

17 hours ago, Wildee said:

Well done Martin.