Saltash Borough               3-3            St Dominick

Torpoint Ath Reserves   3-1           Saltash United Reserves

WEST

Illogan RBL                         P-P           Wendron United Reserves

Mousehole Dev                0-0        Perranporth

Perranwell                          0-5           Ludgvan              

St Agnes                             0-7             St Day

Saltash borough 3-3 st dom

st Dom took an early lead via a Ben Jeffery finish but the doms performance left a lot to be desired and looked leggy throughout. Borough capitalised minutes later and equalised. Doms then had a 10 minute spell again and Ben Jeffery scored another 2 to complete his hat trick for 3-1 on the stroke of half-time. St Dom came out second half and we’re just not at the races and borough played all the football aswell as quite a few fouls on the doms lads who then picked up a few injuries as a result. The referee allowing continuous fouls to go unpunished. At 3-3 doms mustered up a slight momentum via numerous free kicks but couldn’t find a winner. A game which borough were very good on their home pitch and doms not being at the races. 

a much needed break for the doms now after playing 5 games in 2 weeks 

best of luck to borough for the rest of the season.

3 hours ago, Cornish Dave said:

That’s a good result for st day today.. but covid hit their squad on Tuesday so how are they playing today? 🤔 

In simple terms because their situation didn't develop as it could have done.  A bit of a bland answer I'll grant you but I'm not going to go into great and graphic detail as each of the roughly 13 or 14 matches that have had COVID postponements so far have all been under different sets of circumstances and there is nothing to be gained by going through each one on here.  For each case we look at the number of positive tests, the numbers awaiting test results, those displaying symptoms and those that have to isolate due to not being double jabbed.  Each case is given careful consideration bearing in mind the (incomplete) list of factors above and believe me when I say the clubs are as frustrated with it as we all are.

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Saturday 28 August 2021
8 hours ago, Steve Carpenter said:

In simple terms because their situation didn't develop as it could have done.  A bit of a bland answer I'll grant you but I'm not going to go into great and graphic detail as each of the roughly 13 or 14 matches that have had COVID postponements so far have all been under different sets of circumstances and there is nothing to be gained by going through each one on here.  For each case we look at the number of positive tests, the numbers awaiting test results, those displaying symptoms and those that have to isolate due to not being double jabbed.  Each case is given careful consideration bearing in mind the (incomplete) list of factors above and believe me when I say the clubs are as frustrated with it as we all are.

Ok I’m just looking out for the safety of players and officials.

my understanding is people have to self isolate for 10days once tested positive so I’m just questioning why they were allowed to play 4 days later? Nothing bland about it just a simple question Steve 😀

1 hour ago, Cornish Dave said:

Ok I’m just looking out for the safety of players and officials.

my understanding is people have to self isolate for 10days once tested positive so I’m just questioning why they were allowed to play 4 days later? Nothing bland about it just a simple question Steve 😀

Awaiting results so were unable to play, obviously these results came back negative so were then released. Not difficult.

17 hours ago, Grassrootsgary said:

Saltash borough 3-3 st dom

st Dom took an early lead via a Ben Jeffery finish but the doms performance left a lot to be desired and looked leggy throughout. Borough capitalised minutes later and equalised. Doms then had a 10 minute spell again and Ben Jeffery scored another 2 to complete his hat trick for 3-1 on the stroke of half-time. St Dom came out second half and we’re just not at the races and borough played all the football aswell as quite a few fouls on the doms lads who then picked up a few injuries as a result. The referee allowing continuous fouls to go unpunished. At 3-3 doms mustered up a slight momentum via numerous free kicks but couldn’t find a winner. A game which borough were very good on their home pitch and doms not being at the races. 

a much needed break for the doms now after playing 5 games in 2 weeks 

best of luck to borough for the rest of the season.

Hmmm..

with no game at Kimberley I went down to watch this and yes pretty accurate with that report - Saltash Borough were, as you say, very good second half - especially compared to their first half and really should've gone on to win.  From what I saw though St Dominick used their obvious experience over the younger Saltash team and did what they had to once it went 3-3, slowed the game & made it scrappy to stop Saltash from playing - which worked well, Saltash did let it get to them. I don't normally comment on here, I like reading match reports etc from all the different leagues but thought I'd have to say something when I read what you said about the fouling. 

Yes Saltash did go in hard - unfairly at times but so did St Dominick and think some of the Saltash tackles were in frustration at some they received - for example one of the St Dominick players deliberately stamped on a Borough player after the ball had gone which wasn't seen so (and I'm not saying it's right) a Saltash player retaliated with a bad one 10 secs later. Both teams did some late, tough challenges all through the game - especially last 10 minutes so although your view of the game was pretty much correct it's unfair to say Saltash were doing all the fouling - St Dominick got away with a lot too. In my opinion a typical, competitive local derby. I haven't watched Saltash Borough before as like I say I'm usually at Kimberley but really enjoyed the game and was very impressed with Saltash second half, they look a very good team once they settle down 

On 29/08/2021 at 12:19, Reaper said:

Hmmm..

with no game at Kimberley I went down to watch this and yes pretty accurate with that report - Saltash Borough were, as you say, very good second half - especially compared to their first half and really should've gone on to win.  From what I saw though St Dominick used their obvious experience over the younger Saltash team and did what they had to once it went 3-3, slowed the game & made it scrappy to stop Saltash from playing - which worked well, Saltash did let it get to them. I don't normally comment on here, I like reading match reports etc from all the different leagues but thought I'd have to say something when I read what you said about the fouling. 

Yes Saltash did go in hard - unfairly at times but so did St Dominick and think some of the Saltash tackles were in frustration at some they received - for example one of the St Dominick players deliberately stamped on a Borough player after the ball had gone which wasn't seen so (and I'm not saying it's right) a Saltash player retaliated with a bad one 10 secs later. Both teams did some late, tough challenges all through the game - especially last 10 minutes so although your view of the game was pretty much correct it's unfair to say Saltash were doing all the fouling - St Dominick got away with a lot too. In my opinion a typical, competitive local derby. I haven't watched Saltash Borough before as like I say I'm usually at Kimberley but really enjoyed the game and was very impressed with Saltash second half, they look a very good team once they settle down 

I’m all in favour of tackles going in it’s a massive part of the game and it’s nice to see there are still a few refs who will allow some to slide at the expense of keeping the game flowing rather than blowing up for every minor offence.
In regards to your comment about a st dom player stamping on an opponent is complete fabrication on your behalf, one of the doms lads fouled and as the opponent went down he was accidentally trodden on by a doms player who was unable to Avoid him. 
also the fact that the referee said that every single player is allowed 4/5 fouls before they can receive a booking is utter nonsense, I can understand not booking a player early on in a game after 1/2 fouls but late on in the second half the same doms player must have been blatantly fouled 10 or more times by a few different borough players and not a single yellow card shown. And when a st dom player came on off the bench he made 1 foul and was instantly punished with a yellow? 

I’m not slandering the refs in any way they do a fantastic job and are the reason local football can go ahead it’s just frustrating when at times it seems like they aren’t consistent in what they do. I must say I enjoyed the way he allowed a physical game to be played but I also thought after a certain amount of tactical and cynical fouls the referee would punish a few.

1 hour ago, Grassrootsgary said:

I’m all in favour of tackles going in it’s a massive part of the game and it’s nice to see there are still a few refs who will allow some to slide at the expense of keeping the game flowing rather than blowing up for every minor offence.
In regards to your comment about a st dom player stamping on an opponent is complete fabrication on your behalf, one of the doms lads fouled and as the opponent went down he was accidentally trodden on by a doms player who was unable to Avoid him. 
also the fact that the referee said that every single player is allowed 4/5 fouls before they can receive a booking is utter nonsense, I can understand not booking a player early on in a game after 1/2 fouls but late on in the second half the same doms player must have been blatantly fouled 10 or more times by a few different borough players and not a single yellow card shown. And when a st dom player came on off the bench he made 1 foul and was instantly punished with a yellow? 

I’m not slandering the refs in any way they do a fantastic job and are the reason local football can go ahead it’s just frustrating when at times it seems like they aren’t consistent in what they do. I must say I enjoyed the way he allowed a physical game to be played but I also thought after a certain amount of tactical and cynical fouls the referee would punish a few.

I feel this is a partisan view of the game. As it was the only game on in Saltash over the weekend I too decided to go down and watch the game at Saltmill. I felt there was a lot of strong tackles going in but the majority of them was fair but a few did overstep the mark. To say the stamp is complete fabrication is nonsense. The Saltash player slide in and won the ball without touching the player and before he managed to get up the St Dominic player had look to see where he was before going backwards to stamp on him (unfortunately the ref missed this as he had followed the ball) and 10 seconds later the worst of the Saltash tackles came in and the ref booked him for it. Then to complain about the St Dominic booking shows a complete lack of understanding of football, the ball had gone out of play before the St Dominic player took a big swipe at a Saltash player from behind sending him flying so a yellow was the correct decision. I felt the ref was consistent and may have been a bit too lenient but the worst of the tackles where dealt with at the time. 

I agree, it's obviously a member of St Dominick with the report so he sees things differently (like all managers at every level) but as a neutral I have to say its not a fair reflection of the tackling issues. 

I watched it opposite the dugouts and yes I have to say I didn't see the 'stamp' up close but the following tackle from the Saltash player got me and a couple of regular Borough watchers talking and we could see the incident in front of the dugouts was the catalyst. My wording of it comes from the fact that just down from us there were a couple of St Dominick fans (or players parents) and not long after the tackles, a lad who had been part of a group of St Dominick fans that were standing between the dugouts, had walked around the pitch. The two our side asked him what happened to which he replied the St Dominick player (he did call him by his name or nickname but I didn't catch it) had 'done the ****** ****' and then explained it to them. 

The other thing I find a bit strange is how you've said Saltash were guilty of Tactical and cynical fouls... I completely disagree with that - Saltash were completely dominating St Dominick second half and all the fouls in the last 15 minutes stopped them winning the game (in my opinion). If anything the tactical fouls (didn't really see any cynical ones from either side) came from St Dominick to try and stop Saltash playing - which like I said worked. Saltash were guilty of all lot of frustration tackles as they seemed to lose their way a bit once the game got scrappy but definitely not tactical or cynical - never in all my years of watching football at various levels have I seen a team so on top - going for the win, try to break the game up by deliberately fouling either tactically or cynically. 

Im not condoning any bad tackles - not that there were that many 'bad ones' but both sides were guilty - not just Saltash which you're implying - I also agree with the yellow card your player received, as I do with the one the Saltash player received, in fact I'd probably say in your favour that same Saltash player probably did get away with another just after. 

I totally understand you're frustration at losing a two goal lead - I watched Saltash Utd throw one away today and lose so know what it feels like when your team does that and you look for reasons - I know I did, I tried to explain it to my wife when I got home today but couldnt! 

I don't know if the Saltash Borough manager reads this forum but it would be interesting to hear his side of things too. 

He deserves a bit of credit as he clearly did or said something at half time for their performance to improve so dramatically. The two next to me told me at half time his players were in trouble as he was going to 'have a few words'. Apparently if he's ok with how they've played they stay on the pitch but if not he takes them in the changing room - can only imagine what the players think when he tells them to go in 🤣.

One thing I do know though is I really enjoyed the game, a great local derby with both sets of players giving their all - with no problems after either which shows it wasn't that bad - and that's how it should be.