Cornwall Football Forum

Craig Veal To Helston

In one of the worst kept secrets in local football, Craig Veal has joined Helston from Parkway.

You can debate all you want the motivations for the move, but he further bolsters an already formidable looking forward line that Steve Massey has put together, and adds to his growing North Devon/Exeter playing contingent.

For Parkway, feels a bit like poacher turned gamekeeper. Over recent seasons it was Parkway who were the step 5/6 club that were attracting players from step 4.

I can’t help but think letting him go and signing an ex player who 34/35 to replace him is really strange business. What was the reason for letting carter go originally? I thought it was because they wanted a more mobile quicker striker. As he got older as he suddenly gained pace ?  

Brilliant signing for Helston . Not many will want to face him and bowker 

11 hours ago, Way Of The Park said:

Another excellent signing, how is he going to fit them all into the same side though? Seeing as Alex Wharton is thriving at Falmouth, would a cheeky approach for Phil Cattran be worthwhile?

Maybe the theory is ,that if they're on your side then they can't be scoring against you ? 

2 hours ago, mattelot said:

Maybe the theory is ,that if they're on your side then they can't be scoring against you ? 

Maybe, seen it done before. Remember many years ago Liskeard (featuring a very much in form Andy Bowker) were playing Porthleven in the quarter finals of the Senior Cup. A week or so beforehand (hopefully I am recalling this correctly), Alan Carey approached and signed Bowker. Star striker removed, Port won the tie.