Saturday All 2.30pm ko

Altarnun 2 Newquay Academy 0

Gunnislake v St Stephen (Postponed)

Roche 0 St Minver 2

St Teath 2 St Newlyn East 0

Tuesday

St Stephen v Roche (Postponed)

Wednesday Both 7.30pm ko

Plymouth Marjon v Gunnislake (Postponed)

Torpoint Athletic 4 St Blazey 0

FT: St Teath 2 St Newlyn East 0 

Fantastic result for st teath who battled well throughout. 

St Newlyn east had most of the play in the first half but struggled to create many chances. When they eventually did have a chance, the St Teath goalie was present to make some fine saves. 

The second half was very different to the first as St Teath grew in confidence, the away side continued to have possession but once again the home teams goalie was equal. Around the 70th minute St Teath got their goal from a free kick which deflected off the wall and wrong footed the keeper into the corner 1-0. Around this time St Newlyn East had a player sin binned by the referee but continued to push for an equaliser. The away sides number 9 had their best chance to equalise but skewed his shot wide. 

St Teath looked lively on the counter and doubled their lead with some fine play and after a good cross into the box fell to their striker he placed the ball well in for his second of the day 2-0

Although this game wasn’t the prettiest to watch, credit must go to St Teath who battled hard and kept their heads to see out a 2-0 win. Good luck to both sides for the season. 

I see that Looe have had to concede two games as walkovers this week, but still remain on zero points, although nobody likes to see clubs struggling and I hope they resolve their current issues, surely it is unfair on teams that fulfil their matches ,lose the game and get a negative goal difference.
Maybe the league should adopt the method that was used in the DJM league and I assume still is. 
If you fail to fulfil, a game it is a fine and a 3pt deduction, the game still has to be played at a later date. 
If this occurs 3 times during a season the the club is expelled from the league ,not that anyone wants this to happen, but there has to be a deterrent for failing to fulfill fixtures.

1 hour ago, claret&blue said:

I see that Looe have had to concede two games as walkovers this week, but still remain on zero points, although nobody likes to see clubs struggling and I hope they resolve their current issues, surely it is unfair on teams that fulfil their matches ,lose the game and get a negative goal difference.
Maybe the league should adopt the method that was used in the DJM league and I assume still is. 
If you fail to fulfil, a game it is a fine and a 3pt deduction, the game still has to be played at a later date. 
If this occurs 3 times during a season the the club is expelled from the league ,not that anyone wants this to happen, but there has to be a deterrent for failing to fulfill fixtures.

I assume because st.stephen couldn't fullfil there first two fixtures the points will go to the opposition the same as Looe.

1 hour ago, claret&blue said:

Give time for the ECPL committee to meet and sort out a suitable punishment. Some leagues have automatic points deductions but both the combo and ECPL listen to what the offending club has to say first before deciding.

4 hours ago, claret&blue said:

Unfortunately we have had several players testing positive for Covid this week and felt it would be wrong to attempt to play games and put others at risk. Most didn’t get their results until 12-3pm on Wednesday, hence the delay in our request to postpone that days game. Others still didn’t get results back until Thursday/Friday. We also have a very young group of players ( mostly 16-18) we’ve stepped up to our men’s teams this season. Living in a season area, pretty much all have taken summer jobs and have found it hard to get time off for football.

I’ve taken on the team this year and I’m a complete newbie to the ECPL and wasn’t aware I could have requested to a later start instead of kicking of on the 7th August. Going forwards once our lads have had their period of recovery from covid and the bank holidays been and gone, we should be able to get back to normal and start to compete in the league.
We’re not going to contest the league’s decision to award the games to our opponents and if they feel a fine and/or points are to be deducted then we will except this too. I only ask if this does happen then other teams who have had similar issues are justly treated. 

5 hours ago, Boxy said:

Unfortunately we have had several players testing positive for Covid this week and felt it would be wrong to attempt to play games and put others at risk. Most didn’t get their results until 12-3pm on Wednesday, hence the delay in our request to postpone that days game. Others still didn’t get results back until Thursday/Friday. We also have a very young group of players ( mostly 16-18) we’ve stepped up to our men’s teams this season. Living in a season area, pretty much all have taken summer jobs and have found it hard to get time off for football.

I’ve taken on the team this year and I’m a complete newbie to the ECPL and wasn’t aware I could have requested to a later start instead of kicking of on the 7th August. Going forwards once our lads have had their period of recovery from covid and the bank holidays been and gone, we should be able to get back to normal and start to compete in the league.
We’re not going to contest the league’s decision to award the games to our opponents and if they feel a fine and/or points are to be deducted then we will except this too. I only ask if this does happen then other teams who have had similar issues are justly treated. 

I would have thought if COVID issues then you should have been allowed to play the games at a later date the same as everyone else with no punishment, just by fulltime site showing walkovers it was looking like we were getting a similar situation to Godolphin from two seasons ago. Hope the lads recover and you are back playing as normal shortly.