Cornwall Football Forum

Applications to join the Combo

Sorry to disappoint but the ONLY team who CORRECTLY applied for promotion to the Combination League was Portreath. Other Teams have applied to JOIN the League but - as I've previously pointed out - none can be accepted unless there are vacancies to fill and there would not appear to be any!

Hi chaps, it's the utterly neutral Rodney, unconnected to any club. I was interested to read Cornish Teddy Boy's comments about relegation from the Combo. Does that mean that if I go and give several thousand pounds to my local club St Austell, whose ground I can see from my new office window.... and as a consequence they climb up above the Goons in the SWPL, that the Pies might get relegated to the Mining Division ?

I'm off to the bank now...... :drink:

Sorry to disapoint you CTB but Portreath have pretty much wrapped up the mining league title so I would say top 3 finish is a dead cert!!

The big question must be that if Portreath do go into the Combo and a side has to drop down would they drop into the mining or FHL league

I'm not dissapointed, just stating the facts for everyone as some posters don#t know how the system works.

The last teams to leave the Combo have been, Marazion Blues 2003-04, Porthleven Reserves 2004-05 Goonhavern Reserves 2005-06.

All 3 droped down into the Mining League. I don't know if the team being relegated gets a choice or they have to replace the team being promoted.

Troon left at the end of the 2001-01 season but they told the league they were leaving. They actually finished 2nd bottom and were replaced by Hayle.

Previous to that Pendeen were voted out at the end of the 1997-98 season to be replaced by Wendron.

actually cornishteddyboy porthleven dropped into the fal/hel league where they stayed for two seasons and where promoted back to combo in the second season . i fully understand you clutching on to straws mate with the goonhavern thing and so on but surely in this day and age any team who finishes bottom of a league should go down . and remember your not bottom of the league