Cornwall Football Forum

Liskeard 5 Falmouth 1 - FA Cup 1991/92

Off the back of Dave Deacon's post on Cornwall Football Memories regarding the start of the 1991/92 season, had an exchange of messages with former Liskeard, Saltash and Falmouth winger about The Blues 5-1 victory over Falmouth in that season's FA Cup. A notable victory in that a strong Falmouth side won the SW League that season.

Wonder if anybody (probably Mike Odgers) had details on the game? Think I remember Andy Wright and Billy Ferris scoring for Liskeard, and George Torrance for Falmouth, but not much after that.

1 hour ago, Mike Odgers said:

Ian- I think  "Rappo"  might have enjoyed the Cornwall Senior Cup Semi-Final replay later that season 1991-92 when scoring in the Falmouth Town victory (5-3) over The Western League Premier club Liskeard Athletic lol

I will have a look around for both programmes to see the lineups etc. to post

Sorry Mike, didn't catch all of that, my internet provider must have filtered out that piece of information. 😁

(Seeing the programme notes would be fascinating though).

Yeah remember both games Mike, got stuffed at Liskeard with half a side, they were superb on the day and you’re right WOTP I don’t remember even getting a half chance all afternoon!!  Got our own back at Newquay in the Senior cup semi final a few months later though! 1-3 down I think and we took them to the cleaners 2nd half! Think I scored one and set two up that day. Think I even got star man in the old Indy!!? Good day that one Mike, funny old game!! 😁👍