Cornwall Football Forum

Dark horses and fav west and east

Favourites obviously Helston won’t lose a game .. and  Dowballs fantastic start be top  6 this year is my bet .. maybe even top 4 seen them last week , was superb , strong defensively and bright up top big kelv and lad jaspers i think they were saying are quality and scored 10 goals already between them . 

And torpoint favourites for the east league . Was on a great run last year and started with 3 wins haven’t seen them this year but from what I’m hearing got a few new lads in to push on . Be between the 2 Cornish clubs this year I’m thinking ,  torpoint or millbrook for the league . Dark horse Ivybridge watched them 2 time lost the first one in a tight game which they should of been leading against millbrook , but couldn’t score and got pinched  1.0 . And beat Elburton easily and judging on them turning saltash over Saturday looks a good win ..!!!! 

1 hour ago, Journeyman009 said:

Favourites obviously Helston won’t lose a game .. and  Dowballs fantastic start be top  6 this year is my bet .. maybe even top 4 seen them last week , was superb , strong defensively and bright up top big kelv and lad jaspers i think they were saying are quality and scored 10 goals already between them . 

And torpoint favourites for the east league . Was on a great run last year and started with 3 wins haven’t seen them this year but from what I’m hearing got a few new lads in to push on . Be between the 2 Cornish clubs this year I’m thinking ,  torpoint or millbrook for the league . Dark horse Ivybridge watched them 2 time lost the first one in a tight game which they should of been leading against millbrook , but couldn’t score and got pinched  1.0 . And beat Elburton easily and judging on them turning saltash over Saturday looks a good win ..!!!! 

Don’t know (or really care about) the East but hope Torpoint and Millbrook do well, both good sides. 

For me, top 4 will be Helston, Mousehole, Saltash and Newquay. Dobwalls have had a great start, but meaning no disrespect could not have picked a better 5 opening games - but who knows, so early on in season or if we will get a season.

Having watched Parkway recently though - Helston will be a long long way off being as dominant when they get promoted - without a few upgrades.

I follow Millbrook and I feel it will be crucial ties that will decide this League a very competitive league and I think teams that have kept core players do well. I agree that Torpoint and Ivybridge have great young players but do not rule out Ilfracombe or Sidmouth. For the West league I feel Mousehole will win. I think teams that don't lose their heads win through, so many teams argue and waste their breath shouting amongst themselves or to a ref it is farcical at times!!

2 hours ago, Xanie25 said:

I follow Millbrook and I feel it will be crucial ties that will decide this League a very competitive league and I think teams that have kept core players do well. I agree that Torpoint and Ivybridge have great young players but do not rule out Ilfracombe or Sidmouth. For the West league I feel Mousehole will win. I think teams that don't lose their heads win through, so many teams argue and waste their breath shouting amongst themselves or to a ref it is farcical at times!!

That's Bodmin ruled out then. 

4 hours ago, Bobjfh said:

Don’t know (or really care about) the East but hope Torpoint and Millbrook do well, both good sides. 

For me, top 4 will be Helston, Mousehole, Saltash and Newquay. Dobwalls have had a great start, but meaning no disrespect could not have picked a better 5 opening games - but who knows, so early on in season or if we will get a season.

Having watched Parkway recently though - Helston will be a long long way off being as dominant when they get promoted - without a few upgrades.

: Camelford haven't had a bad start either 3 wins and a draw  and gave Almondsbury a 5-1 drubbing in the vase. 

53 minutes ago, Way Of The Park said:

In light of last night's draw with Helston, are Newquay one of the dark horses? Good to see one of the great clubs of Cornish football seemingly on their way back.

Newquay will be up there at the end of the season, play decent football and have some of the best players in the league, team made up of local players who have all come through the youth section, hard to think they have one of the lowest budgets in the league and can still mix with the big spenders.

I did say after watching Camels v Newquay that I thought Newquay would be ‘up there’ - a very good team/ squad and no ‘imports’. C74 - not sure they have one of the lowest playing budgets, but certainly a lot less than some - some of whom are simply wasting money If the figures quoted are to be believed. 

15 minutes ago, Cornishfan74 said:

Newquay will be up there at the end of the season, play decent football and have some of the best players in the league, team made up of local players who have all come through the youth section, hard to think they have one of the lowest budgets in the league and can still mix with the big spenders.

See Harry Downing has been playing for Newquay, is he back with  them full time? A big talent, still surprised that Argyle let him go.

On 22/09/2020 at 15:14, Both Sides of the Tamar said:

Helston will walk the West division title - as they should with their squad / budget. A guess but Mousehole 2nd, Bodmin 3rd, Saltash 4th. I'm assuming Bodmin will pick up from a poor start.

East - difficult to call, between NA Spurs, Brixham, Torpoint and possibly Millbrook.

Really 👀😂😂