Cornwall Football Forum

RRL ECPL FIXTURES FOR SATURDAY 11th January

Fixtures All 2:30pm ko

Foxhole 1 St Minver 1

North Petherwin 1 Looe Town 3

Plymouth Marjon v Godolphin Atlantic (Newquay) (Home win awarded)

Roche 1 St Stephen 3

St Blazey 0 Mount Gould 4

St Cleer 1 Newquay 1 

St Dominick 11 Padstow United 0

St Teath 0 Torpoint Athletic 2

My predictions for this week:

Foxhole vs St Minver will be a tough battle and a battle for promotion with both having applied for St Piran. If Foxhole have Cheshire and Bould I imagine they will outscore a good footballing Minver side.

North Petherwin to beat Looe by 2+ goals with home advantage.

Marjons v Godolphin to be a home win, whether that be 90mins or a no show.

Roche v St Stephen I imagine Coad & Courtney to outscore Roche.

St Blazey to receive a battering from MG, some of who played for Blazey 1sts in their past.

St Cleer to beat Newquay comfortably.

St Dom to beat Padstow by 3+

St Teath vs Torpoint Athletic. Hopefully a Point away win.

Blazey 0-4 Mount Gold.

Not sure what all the hype is about mount gold. Bang average side. Foxhole, St Dominic much better sides. Plus I’ve never met such a bunch of foul mouth idiots in my life. Their manager is a complete idiot, constantly swearing with very young children sat behind him in the dugout, needs to take a look at himself and maybe dress his age and not like a teenager! 

15 hours ago, bolt said:

Roche unlucky today 

Yes I agree. The first St.Stephen goal came from a freekick a decision that baffled everyone in the ground. The second and third from defensive errors. Roche had enough chances to win the game in the first half. But did score a good goal ten minutes in to the second half to make it 2-1 at the time. Pitch was heavy going in places but easily playable. Overall not a bad game. 

6 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

I’m not sure we need the weekly dig at a side from over the border so let’s go careful here and consider first what you’re going to write please.

A weekly dig Dave or people of the same opinion sharing that on the platform you provided for exactly that if it’s a weekly thing maybe there is some truth in it?

6 hours ago, Jamiecutlan25 said:

Blazey 0-4 Mount Gold.

Not sure what all the hype is about mount gold. Bang average side. Foxhole, St Dominic much better sides. Plus I’ve never met such a bunch of foul mouth idiots in my life. Their manager is a complete idiot, constantly swearing with very young children sat behind him in the dugout, needs to take a look at himself and maybe dress his age and not like a teenager! 

We are sorry that you found us a bang average side but sadly we can only beat what was in front of us and to give you credit your game plan of playing everyone behind the ball and time wasting from the very first minute made it clear to us that it was going to be a long afternoon trying to break you down. Fortunately for us that happened just after half time and we walked away with 3 points that will keep the bang average side top of the league. 
As for the foul mouthed I’m sure that started as a result of your centre forward and also captain spitting on one of our players and I’m sure your bench and players didn’t exactly have the most pleasant language. 
Also our manager has stated that as of our next game he will wear a suit as you think it’s inappropriate for him to be in a club tracksuit on a match day. 

Typical Plymouth side! Not sure why they don’t stick to playing in Devon! Football has no place for screaming abuse at refs as they do week in week out, and especially around young children. Should know better 

I watched the game yesterday and also expected mount gold to be better. Thought blazey were unlucky to to get a point 

*not to get a point 

27 minutes ago, TrevM said:

Typical Plymouth side! Not sure why they don’t stick to playing in Devon! Football has no place for screaming abuse at refs as they do week in week out, and especially around young children. Should know better 

I watched the game yesterday and also expected mount gold to be better. Thought blazey were unlucky to to get a point 

*not to get a point 

TrevM how many times have you watched us play as you have said that we scream at refs every week?  
Also I can’t remember any screaming at the referee yesterday who we thought had a very good game and dealt with everything really well. 

15 hours ago, Mount gould fc said:

TrevM how many times have you watched us play as you have said that we scream at refs every week?  
Also I can’t remember any screaming at the referee yesterday who we thought had a very good game and dealt with everything really well. 

I do recall that against St Teath the other week, even though your team was 5-0 up at the time, a was player 'gobbing off' and got sin binned after numerous warnings from the 'ref'. There is no need for it especially as the game was already gone. 

On 11/01/2020 at 18:38, Shouter said:

Godolphin fail to fulfill a fixture again! That’s 4 this season, all away. Surely this can’t continue.

They have forfeited almost a quarter of their games.

Correction, that's now 5 games that Godolphin have forfeited.

- 15 points handed to other teams.

- All 5 games were away fixtures.

- Played only 12 of their allocated 17 league fixtures to date.

- Failed to fulfill over a quarter of their fixtures.

I'm not looking to rub salt into the wounds here as the club are clearly struggling, but how much longer can that go on? It's disrespectful to the league and to the other clubs that are competing in it. 

On ‎12‎/‎01‎/‎2020 at 21:49, Dixie normous said:

I was at the game yesterday and mount golds behaviour was a disgrace. I only hope it doesn’t put kids off taking up grass roots football after witnessing such disgraceful behaviour no class no morals and I also thought Blazey were unlucky not to get a point.  

Put off kids from taking up grass roots football, really?

On 12/01/2020 at 21:49, Dixie normous said:

I was at the game yesterday and mount golds behaviour was a disgrace. I only hope it doesn’t put kids off taking up grass roots football after witnessing such disgraceful behaviour no class no morals and I also thought Blazey were unlucky not to get a point.  

the things people say to a football side that is winning makes me laugh, bunch on people who have no clue about football just stuck within side their little bubble.