Cornwall Football Forum

Trelawny League Weds. 21st August

20 minutes ago, Soccer Follower said:

Div.2

New Inn Titans 0  Threemilestone 6   h/t 0-0

An evenly fought first half with few goalscoring chances was turned around in the second half by the pace of the Threemilestone attacks which ripped the home defence apart.

Well reffed by Neil Stephens.

Superbly reffed in my eyes. He didn't take any crap and overruled when necessary.

Teams will be lucky to have a ref of his standard this season 👌

1 hour ago, Hodges21 said:

Superbly reffed in my eyes. He didn't take any crap and overruled when necessary.

Teams will be lucky to have a ref of his standard this season 👌

Good game to watch, fairly even 1st half best chance fell to the young tms lad (no9)who hit the post. 

2nd half titans were on top for the first ten minutes then Tms got back into it. With 20 mins gone Chris Shackley opened the scoring with a great solo effort, then was a bit fortunate to score the 2nd after the keeper saved his initial shot then the no9 got onto the rebound which the keeper saved again, and the ball fell to Shaks who this time blasted it home. 

3rd goal I think was scored by Chris Pridham from the centre of the goal and the 4th from the young no9, who I don't know his name but looks to be a good player. 

5th goal was a bit controversial as Shackley ran through to score, titans lino flagged for offside but the ref overruled him and the goal stood. 

6th goal was a cracking strike from Tom Goodman, which gave the keeper no chance. 

Tms had a mixture of what will probably be 1st and 2nd team players tonight and probably Titans did too, Which made for a competitive game. I also thought the ref was excellent. 3 bookings, 2 for titans no12 and 8 I think And no9 for Tms, none can have any complaints. 

Att: Approx 55 half way through 1st half. 

52 minutes ago, Dave Bartlam said:

Holmans Reserves v Redruth Reserves abandoned in 62nd minute after an injury to a Redruth player saw him refuse to leave the field of play.

Source: Holmans Twitter account

Think that is disgraceful on Holmans part. The player in question was taken out and has a suspected broken ankle. He even said we should move him off the pitch so we could play on with the game however the paramedics on the phone told us not to move him at a risk of more damage to his ankle. Both teams were happy for this to happen and the game was abandoned

I remember rupturing my back a few seasons ago... My own team mates wanted to move me off the pitch and under a bit of pressure, I tried to move. In doing so, I actually probably caused more damage. I couldn't kick a ball for two seasons after that. Trying to get back I to it now but that fear of doing it again always hangs over my head.

12 hours ago, AJ715 said:

Think that is disgraceful on Holmans part. The player in question was taken out and has a suspected broken ankle. He even said we should move him off the pitch so we could play on with the game however the paramedics on the phone told us not to move him at a risk of more damage to his ankle. Both teams were happy for this to happen and the game was abandoned

Behave yourself Aj it was a mis informed text to the twitter page no big deal.  As stated both teams happy to replay & Holmans wish the lad well . 

Trelawny Div 1

Rosudgeon Reserves 0-2 Penzance Reserves

43 supporters watched Penzance soak up over a hour of pressure from the hosts after going into an early lead. Penzance had their time on the ball as well, but for most of it they had to defend in their first half of their half. In other words, they defended well from the 18yd line to halfway. Rosudgeon, for all their effort did very little around the six yard box. Penzance score again on 55 minutes and again defend well, before Rosudgeon run out of steam in the last 10-15 minutes, and so finished the stronger. Try as they might during the game, Rosudgeon players were tackled immediately they got the ball in  mid-field which  broke up their play. This left them with only the long or through ball options which Penzance dealt with fairly comfortably with most of the time.

Quite a turn round, as Penzance lost at Rosudgeon 11-0 in their last game of last season in early April.

Even though Penzance won, they dropped down to second, overtaken by Perranwell on goal difference who had a 7-0 home win over Troon.

Perranwell now visit Penzance this Saturday in a top of the table clash. All welcome, t-hut all game, a free programme,  and bar afterwards. 

40 minutes ago, MARKSY said:

Behave yourself Aj it was a mis informed text to the twitter page no big deal.  As stated both teams happy to replay & Holmans wish the lad well . 

Holmans have this morning tweeted a short explanation. Just a case of mixed messages I believe. Well done to Holmans for quickly clarifying what happened :)

1 hour ago, cornishteddyboy said:

Trelawny Div 1

Rosudgeon Reserves 0-2 Penzance Reserves

43 supporters watched Penzance soak up over a hour of pressure from the hosts after going into an early lead. Penzance had their time on the ball as well, but for most of it they had to defend in their first half of their half. In other words, they defended well from the 18yd line to halfway. Rosudgeon, for all their effort did very little around the six yard box. Penzance score again on 55 minutes and again defend well, before Rosudgeon run out of steam in the last 10-15 minutes, and so finished the stronger. Try as they might during the game, Rosudgeon players were tackled immediately they got the ball in  mid-field which  broke up their play. This left them with only the long or through ball options which Penzance dealt with fairly comfortably with most of the time.

Quite a turn round, as Penzance lost at Rosudgeon 11-0 in their last game of last season in early April.

Even though Penzance won, they dropped down to second, overtaken by Perranwell on goal difference who had a 7-0 home win over Troon.

Perranwell now visit Penzance this Saturday in a top of the table clash. All welcome, t-hut all game, a free programme,  and bar afterwards. 

Free bar! You're going to have some crowd there buddy.