Cornwall Football Forum

3 bits of news - Evely Cup, Supplementary Cup and Combo League Abandoned match

Two bits of news.
Firstly
The Evely Cup match is to be played on Sunday 12th May at Porthleven.
AFC St Austell Reserves won the East Cornwall League Cup
Before the moaners get in, 4 clubs previously to Porthleven accepting said they could not host it. so;
Evely Cup
Illogan RBL v AFC St Austell Reserves
@ 3pm on Sunday 12th May 2019
@ Gala Park, Porthleven

Secondly
The Falmouth Town Reserves v Porthleven Reserves match where the referee walked off the pitch. After consultation with the Cornwall FA, the result at the time will stand as the final match result,
So 
Tuesday 2nd May 2019
Falmouth Town Reserves (Ben Kellow, Brodie Kemp, Jack Pledger, Harry McMellon) 4-1 Porthlevern Reserves (Nick Slade)
Att - 30

Website will be updated. Falmouth become the first club to complete their League fixtures.

More news
The second Supplementary Cup semi-final between Helston Athletic Reserves and Redruth United will now take place on Tuesday 14th May @ Underlane, Wendron kicking off at 6.30pm.

The first semi-final takes place this Sunday 5th May, also at Underlane. The match between Perranwell and Falmouth Town will kick off at 3pm.

Unfortunately due to the winter of 2017/18  and the summer of 2018 a lot of pitches suffered and haven't recovered, so they need down time this summer, we have just spent a £1000 having our pitch reseeded. We have had to turn down at least 8 requests for semi's and finals. I need at least 6 weeks after next Sunday for the new seed to form root and coverage, so I suspect many clubs are in the same position, hence the difficulty finding pitches for finals.

4 hours ago, Ieuan Gregory said:

Unfortunately due to the winter of 2017/18  and the summer of 2018 a lot of pitches suffered and haven't recovered, so they need down time this summer, we have just spent a £1000 having our pitch reseeded. We have had to turn down at least 8 requests for semi's and finals. I need at least 6 weeks after next Sunday for the new seed to form root and coverage, so I suspect many clubs are in the same position, hence the difficulty finding pitches for finals.

8 weeks would be better but that's wishful thinking!

We are already booking pre season games! Potentially only 5 weeks from the last game...bonkers.