Premier Division all matches 2:30pm kick off

Pensilva 1 Saltash United 4

Plymouth Parkway 1 St Austell 2

Polperro 1 Bere Alston United 1

St Blazey 2 Launceston 2

Torpoint Athletic 4 Liskeard Athletic 0

Division One all 2:30pm ko

Lanreath 7 Millbrook 1

Nanpean Rovers 2 Wadebridge Town 15 (Fifteen)

Roche v Bude Town (Postponed)

I feel for Nanpean - a club with such tremendous history in Cornish football.

I appreciate that history doesn't count for anything, but with hearing that long serving secretary Alan Craddock stood down earlier in the week after something like 33 years, and now the suggestion that the team might be disappearing - I wonder what the future is for the club? 

23 minutes ago, unitedrhino said:

Cornish legend why should they have been relegated. Bude finished bottom last year and couldn't raise a side today.

John didnt mean it in a bad way i meant over the past couple years it would have benifited them to have gine down and started again. With the squad of players that struggled over the last few season aswell as last year it would have helped to start again. Its a real shame. Its one of the best set ups around. But sometimes you need to go backwards to go forwards start over.shame manager left after 1 game after such a positive write up in the paper last week aboit his plans. 

9 hours ago, unitedrhino said:

Cornish legend why should they have been relegated. Bude finished bottom last year and couldn't raise a side today.

First no-show correctly picked by myself during the close season.

FARCICAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Long gone are the days that players organised holidays, weddings or excursions around the football season.

What a shocking state of affairs!!!!!!!!

Nanpean Rovers have finished in the bottom two in each of the last *NINE* seasons, and rock bottom in six of those nine. It's surely no surprise that eventually there's a problem or two there, more of a surprise that it's taken so long. I hope they pull through because it is a really great place to go and watch football

Feel for Alan and Nanpean if he's gone, a great servant and top bloke. There are a few clubs around the bottom of ECPL1 who should have taken the step down and rebuilt long ago - it does neither them or the standard of the league any favours by constantly finishing adrift at the bottom. This isn't a dig in any way, I have total admiration for them grinding it out year after year but there has to come a time when the top Duchy clubs and the bottom ECPL clubs swap places to enable progression and maintain standards. 2 up 2 down would soon improve things 

Such a shame. Last season I played for nanpean and unfortunatley working away and injuries stopped me from playing more. We had some great results, beating Roche 5-1, beating bude away 5-3 after being 3-0 down at half time, beat mevagissey 2-1 at home etc etc. I really hope nanpean pull through this tough time. They've lost a lot of players from last season and it will take time. 

I agree with what MattP said, it should be a 2 up, 2 down scenario. I can't understand why that isn't the case. 

I do feel for Nanpean and especially those young players who will face demoralising results every week. No good for their confidence. Better suited to starting in the bottom league of Duchy league and rebuilding from there. 

7 hours ago, morcs said:

I agree with what MattP said, it should be a 2 up, 2 down scenario. I can't understand why that isn't the case. 

I do feel for Nanpean and especially those young players who will face demoralising results every week. No good for their confidence. Better suited to starting in the bottom league of Duchy league and rebuilding from there. 

Most sensible comment thats been said thats what needs to happen. Start over and rebuild.