Cornwall Football Forum

SWPL & Senior Cup Final - Easter Monday, April 17th 2017

Well what can I say!! 3 and a half hour trip to Exmouth arrive at 15.20 kick off at 15.45 with only 12 players and 4 second team players starting! Against a full strength very good Exmouth side! Was a tough game with the sun blazing down on the pitch but as a team we defended so well all the lads giving 100% and were 1-0 with 10 mins to go but a good goal scored by Kevin Hill ( X torquay legend) being pushed up from the back making it 1-1 then what came next we did not deserve a hopeful ball forward takes a bad bounce over a defenders foot (on a rock hard bobbly pitch) right into the path of Kevin (again) who slots it away breaking the hearts of every Newquay player!! But we can take a lot out of this game taking a team who have beaten Bodmin and st Austell this season 10 mins away from loosing who's manager after the game saying how well we played!! I really think if we stay up and sign 5-6 players in the summer it will be a different story next season for Newquay!! 

On 18/04/2017 at 06:23, Danny O said:

Well what can I say!! 3 and a half hour trip to Exmouth arrive at 15.20 kick off at 15.45 with only 12 players and 4 second team players starting! Against a full strength very good Exmouth side! Was a tough game with the sun blazing down on the pitch but as a team we defended so well all the lads giving 100% and were 1-0 with 10 mins to go but a good goal scored by Kevin Hill ( X torquay legend) being pushed up from the back making it 1-1 then what came next we did not deserve a hopeful ball forward takes a bad bounce over a defenders foot (on a rock hard bobbly pitch) right into the path of Kevin (again) who slots it away breaking the hearts of every Newquay player!! But we can take a lot out of this game taking a team who have beaten Bodmin and st Austell this season 10 mins away from loosing who's manager after the game saying how well we played!! I really think if we stay up and sign 5-6 players in the summer it will be a different story next season for Newquay!! 

It is a pity that Newquay had to travel to Exmouth on a Bank Holiday and Falmouth to Witheridge, holiday traffic especially in that direction must have been awful.

Good luck Danny in your quest for survival. I can't see St.Blazey winning 3 games to catch you so you will be safe. Lets hope Newquay can dramatically turn it around next season after two seasons at the bottom. 

Well done Danny, that's the spirit! Great effort to be winning up there with 10 minutes to go after a nightmare trip up for yourselves and Falmouth by the sounds of it!? Shame you couldn't hang on for that point. I'm sure if the likes of yourself stay and get a bit more experience in with those talented youngsters the club will have a much better season next time. Must admit the games I've managed to watch this season do not reflect the true story, you've competed with most teams and been unlucky in a lot of the games. It's only the quality of St.Austell and Bodmin home and away in the evening games where I've seen Newquay taken a bit of a thrashing in my opinion. I wish the Peppermints the best of luck for next season, except when you play Sticker twice of course!! ?