Cornwall Football Forum

TUESDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL - Dunn Cup Semi Final

23 hours ago, stokefan1 said:

Should be cracker that two very good footballing sides, whoever wins it will be a very competitive final between themselves and Mawnan who are already there!!! 

Should have........Wasnt!

Lizard had poor 5 mins just before half time lost their heads at the back, and two well taken goals......apart from that not a great game!

was a terrible game, i cant believe these two may be playing in the combination league next season!!!! both will be well out of their depths even considering the combination is not exactly a huge step up!! keeper made 2 errors for both goals within 5 minutes of each other.

on a brighter note i thought the young referee had a good game, didnt allow any back chat and indeed booked the ginger west cornwall player for his 2nd or 3rd 'back chat', which was well overdue!

6 minutes ago, Sijames said:

was a terrible game, i cant believe these two may be playing in the combination league next season!!!! both will be well out of their depths even considering the combination is not exactly a huge step up!! keeper made 2 errors for both goals within 5 minutes of each other.

on a brighter note i thought the young referee had a good game, didnt allow any back chat and indeed booked the ginger west cornwall player for his 2nd or 3rd 'back chat', which was well overdue!

100% agree

Sorry we couldn't entertain the crowd! Few players missing, and the fact everyone literally just finished work doesn't help the situation. We didn't play well, and both sides would agree we've played a lot better than what we showed last night. Cup football though, do what you can to win and move on. Hopefully we'll have a full squad available for the final, be better rested, and give a much better account of ourselves. 

On 12/04/2017 at 10:08, Sijames said:

Were all entitled to our own opinion. Are you associated with a team in the combination league?? 

No why do you ask? The combination league is soon to be the Trelawng Premier anyway so I guess this seasons ups and downs will soon be a little less concerning for many clubs! Only 1 down from the combo (Newquay) anyway which isn't ideal, but two up (west Cornwall & Lizard), Penzance safe in the swpl west also!

a shame that all of the combination clubs will then only be entered into the junior cup, good for the smaller clubs as they'll get the potential for good ties with 'bigger' clubs though!

7 hours ago, John Mead said:

IF - and it's a BIG IF - there is an amalgamation of the two Leagues, there's a good chance the top two divisions could enter the Senior Cup to put them on a par with ECL's two divisions!

@John Mead if this were to happen, would it be for the 2018/19 season or for next? I quite like the idea of a Trelawny Combination Premier and Trelawny Combination Div 1, or whatever they may call them it. 

8 hours ago, Sijames said:

No why do you ask? The combination league is soon to be the Trelawng Premier anyway so I guess this seasons ups and downs will soon be a little less concerning for many clubs! Only 1 down from the combo (Newquay) anyway which isn't ideal, but two up (west Cornwall & Lizard), Penzance safe in the swpl west also!

a shame that all of the combination clubs will then only be entered into the junior cup, good for the smaller clubs as they'll get the potential for good ties with 'bigger' clubs though!

@Sijames Lizard are currently in poll position (after West Cornwall) but I fancy Pendeen to make a late surge. Several games in hand and in a strong position to make a late challenge for promotion. 

42 minutes ago, WendronOfficial said:

@John Mead if this were to happen, would it be for the 2018/19 season or for next? I quite like the idea of a Trelawny Combination Premier and Trelawny Combination Div 1, or whatever they may call them it. 

@Sijames Lizard are currently in poll position (after West Cornwall) but I fancy Pendeen to make a late surge. Several games in hand and in a strong position to make a late challenge for promotion. 

There's been no formal discussions between Combo & Trelawny Leagues but would expect the proposal to be brought up at both AGM's this year to enable a mandate for formal talks to begin. Can't see anything which might be agreed coming to fruition as early as 2018/19 season: the following season could be a posibility.

1 hour ago, WendronOfficial said:

Which league table are you looking at? Lizard are 5 points behind WC having played an extra game!? Between the 4 applicants for combo football it will be west Cornwall the first out of them and lizard the second, clear as daylight to see that happening even with CSOM still having plenty of games in hand and may still pinch the league! But WC and lizard will be in the top 4 and gain promotion.  Newquay coming down on their own which is a lucky Escape for Culdrose / illogan / mullion!

2 hours ago, Sijames said:

Which league table are you looking at? Lizard are 5 points behind WC having played an extra game!? Between the 4 applicants for combo football it will be west Cornwall the first out of them and lizard the second, clear as daylight to see that happening even with CSOM still having plenty of games in hand and may still pinch the league! But WC and lizard will be in the top 4 and gain promotion.  Newquay coming down on their own which is a lucky Escape for Culdrose / illogan / mullion!

Probably the same table as you.  If Pendeen win their four games in hand they go level on points with Lizard. Their next four games are very winnable, although one is against us - so hopefully they won't win that one! 

Both have CSoM to play twice, they'll have a big say in things and I wouldn't be surprised to see the title head that way. 

17 hours ago, WendronOfficial said:

Probably the same table as you.  If Pendeen win their four games in hand they go level on points with Lizard. Their next four games are very winnable, although one is against us - so hopefully they won't win that one! 

Both have CSoM to play twice, they'll have a big say in things and I wouldn't be surprised to see the title head that way. 

sorry i'm lost, you said 'Lizard are in poll position', i cant see how this is thats all? :wacko:

2 hours ago, Sijames said:

sorry i'm lost, you said 'Lizard are in poll position', i cant see how this is thats all? :wacko:

Ah sorry mate. I meant after West Cornwall. WC have to be favourites for promotion. I fancy Pendeen to join them, but Lizard are obviously are the best placed currently (out of the two of them). My apologies - I explained it really poorly. 

As second team joint manager at Wendron, I'n dissapointed we couldn't stay in it for a few more games - we've dropped some silly points. Of Pendeen and Lizard I think Pendeen would suit Combination best but I'd like to see the Lizard achieve it.