Cornwall Football Forum

For about the seventh time in a decade, St Just visit newquay on an evening. It is the longest trip in the league. Common sense would suggest this should be a weekend game. But common sense does not run the league, it is the role of Honest John Roberts. While I am not suggesting he should send Newquay to St Just on an evening instead, this strangely never happens. Of course, now the league is run by an undemocratic clique from four SWPL clubs, he no longer needs even to justify himself to those who pay him. In the age of Donald Trump and Gideon "three jobs" Osborne, I  am not really very surprised. Typical !

As manager of Newquay 2nd's I've been told by our secretary that the home fixture v St Just is a 7.30 ko and not 7.00 as per FA Full Time. Although I guess this just makes it even later for their return.

I do agree though, I certainly wouldn't be happy having to play this fixture away in midweek. 

If your playing for plymouth argyle you would be categorised as a professional footballer so thus you would be a paid employee which is a completely different scenario to your average localised footballer who has to do a days work and then make the journey to play an evening game at Newquay ! He has a valid point as surely there are closer fixtures that could be accommodated for evening games ?

2 hours ago, isaac rosenberg said:

I'd ur was a one-off that would be okay. But year after year after year,  John Robers repeats this fixture rearrangement. Always the same club, always the same venue. Ah, the petty emnity of Toytown. Every club knows how he operates. Junior league, junior administration, terminal decline. 

Stop annoying him then :c:

Typical Cornish attitude there, Comrade ! Never mind that, as Jud Paynter would say, "t'edn' right, tedn' fair, tedn' proper". Suck up to whatever old crook, more crooked than a FIFA election, has got his buttocks jammed into the chair of power and doan'ee go changing nawthen till the Grim Reaper waves his scythe ! Cidre, merci. Forest Green one up at half time. Good omen for this afternoon at Carharrack ? Then again.......

On ‎20‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 09:37, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Don't move up to the next league then if none of you like travelling LOL

Actually if you move up a league there are 4 less midweek matches - SWPL West play 34 league fixtures.  With 20 clubs there will always be complaints about having to play 4 matches in 10 days, reserve teams stacking sides with SWP players, too much midweek travel etc.  And we didn't lose to many matches to wet weather this winter!