Cornwall Football Forum

New Manager at Threemilestone

Fish

Hello all. My name is Brian Fisher and I am taking on the managers position at Threemilestone AFC from 11th March.

I played for Perranwell in the Combination league for 20 years, winning leagues and cups, as well as a brief half a season at Truro City South Western in 2003.

After retiring I helped coach Truro City Devils youth team from U8 to U16, again winning everything from leagues, cups and the Cornwall County Cup two years running.

I am coming in to steady the ship this year, (with my colleague Mark Woolcock as my number two), to bring some youth players in and to get ready for a big pre-season and league 1 next season.

Our next full training session will be on Thursday 9th March at Truro School all weather pitch from 6pm to 7.30pm, any new players who want to come along are welcome, (call me on 07739788650).

I am bringing in a few of my Truro youth players in March and April to gain experience for next season, but we still need experienced players to bring them on and add their knowledge to the group......so please let us know of any players who can help bolster the group. (maybe you are not getting 90 minutes every week?)

With the existing group of players, some youth and some new/old blood...the future is looking bright at TMS :-)

Brian - well done, I know all the work that has been put into TMS to keep them going and your help and bringing in new youth players will really help them steady the ship and push on and back into the Prem.

Just a couple of things (having done a similar thing in the past), which I am sure you are aware of; the youth players will find a very big step moving into Trelawney Prem / 1, and whilst technically very good there is a world of difference between youth football and men's at a nearly senior level. I am sure they will do fantastically but playing any more than 3 or 4 in a game (at a time as rolling subs) puts them under a lot of pressure.

I am also sure you are aware of the deadline day for registering new players, but as you are bring new youth players through, they have to be 16 to play, however you can register them before the deadline even if their 16th birthday is after the deadline - say if they were born in April - if that makes sense.

Thanks Rappo

1 hour ago, RAPPO said:

Good luck Brian. Be great to see TMS back competing next season. You could still put your boots on and help those younger players no doubt!! If you're half as good a manager as your dad was you'll be brilliant mate!!! ?⚽

Thanks mate....I am hoping some of his magic was passed onto me :-)

If you and your lads fancy a game let me know :smiley20:

1 hour ago, Bobjfh said:

Brian - well done, I know all the work that has been put into TMS to keep them going and your help and bringing in new youth players will really help them steady the ship and push on and back into the Prem.

Just a couple of things (having done a similar thing in the past), which I am sure you are aware of; the youth players will find a very big step moving into Trelawney Prem / 1, and whilst technically very good there is a world of difference between youth football and men's at a nearly senior level. I am sure they will do fantastically but playing any more than 3 or 4 in a game (at a time as rolling subs) puts them under a lot of pressure.

I am also sure you are aware of the deadline day for registering new players, but as you are bring new youth players through, they have to be 16 to play, however you can register them before the deadline even if their 16th birthday is after the deadline - say if they were born in April - if that makes sense.

Thanks Bobjfh.......yeah realise a world of difference, but a few of my sons football mates are playing combo and holding their own, so hoping Div 1 next season will be ok.

Good heads up on signing on.....will get them all signed on next week, ready for turning 16.........cheers.

10 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Teach them to keep the ball on the pitch...you never did :yahoo:

And when tackling tell them it's the ball they want...know what I mean :SM_carton_y:

Other than that....the best of luck :c:

Thanks....like the member name...but weren't you always older?? :P

Back in the day, tough tackling was allowed......as were my 10-13 goals every season from midfield :yahoo: good times....

Whilst coaching U8 - U16's we have always promoted keeping the ball and playing it on the deck...which is why we have been so successful....hope to re-create that next season at TMS.