Cornwall Football Forum

ECPL Fixtures Saturday 25th April

ECPL Fixtures Saturday 25th April

Fred Binks Premier Division Cup Semi-final

Fowey United v Torpoint Athletic (FOWEY HAVE WITHDRAWN)

Premier Division

Callington Town 1 Tavistock 0
Edgcumbe 1 Bere Alston United 1
Elburton Villa 3 St Teath 2
Launceston 1 Liskeard Athletic 1
Plymstock United 2 Morwenstow 1

Division One

Bude Town 1 Mevagissey 0
Millbrook 5 Holsworthy 1
St Austell 4 Bodmin Town 1
St Stephens Borough 1 Probus 1
Edited by ECPL

Does anyone know the reasoning there's over a two & a half hour gap between the end of the Div 1 cup game and the Prem cup game? Who is going to want to wait around a couple of hours if you wanted to see both games. Surely  an hour would suffice for the presentation and the lads to clear the changing rooms? Even an hour and 15 at most. 

5:15 on a Monday evening for a cup game is ridiculous to me. Why are the games not played on the Sunday so the teams that actually win can properly celebrate their achievement after? The decision to play the games on a Monday is nonsensical.

I also still can't quite believe what Dave said, that all ECPL teams are asked to host the cup games but only St Blazey replied. They must be the only ones to reply every year, and the pitch is terrible.

The guys in charge really needs to apply some common sense. Play Torpoint v Edgcumbe at Saltash, Millbrook or Liskeard, and you'd triple the crowd.

What a shambles indeed.

But as above 

"

all ECPL teams are asked to host the cup games"

Footcrazy15 - I don't think you'll find its anything new that clubs don't want to stage semis and finals - they either haven't got the resources or can't be bothered!  

Are they though? I refuse to believe only one team offers their ground & ECPL St Blazeys facilities are no better than

I've now learnt that all clubs were asked in the League Newsletter No. 16 Nov/Dec. as below:-

"Divisional Cup Finals.  Monday May 4th. 2015Can your Club host these? You will have to have the ability to provide upto 50 hot Meals after both games which will kick-off at 1.30pm and 5pm, with changing facilities for 4 sides, if so let me know before the 1st. January 2015 and the cost of Food and facilities. And what the meal menu would be."

To be fair to then, I don't think many teams have changing facilities for four sides, in fact do any? That must be why St Blazey always get it, I can't remember them having four either though?

Would still be interested to know  why they are played on a Monday? And why the second cup game is such a late kick off.

St Stephens Borough 1 - 1 Probus. Probus are such a hard team to break down and so dangerous on the counter attack. Felt we had majority of possession but couldn't create clear chances. Waiting on other results now. Good luck to Probus for rest of their season! 

St Stephens Borough 1 - 1 Probus. Probus are such a hard team to break down and so dangerous on the counter attack. Felt we had majority of possession but couldn't create clear chances. Waiting on other results now. Good luck to Probus for rest of their season! 

​I think you have done enough as Bude have won today

Yes, The Borough up as champions.

Thought we probably deserved the win today but we didn't test the Probus stand-in keeper enough.

Have to say that Batesy's prediction about us being dark horses turned out to be correct lol.

I would like to thank everybody's involvement this season for getting us to where we are.

Well done lads, fantastic achievement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well done to St Stephens Borough on winning the league. They deserved it over the season and are the best footballing team. Good luck in the Premier Division next season.

We (Probus) make the most of what we've got and always battle hard. We defended well today and with Adam Peters, our captain and usual centre back, in goal I thought we deserved a draw and could have nicked it with 2 late chances, but that would have been unfair in SSB. Not bad for a couple of centre backs who were 'knocking on a bit' ECPL :-)

As stand-in manager today I was proud of everyone's efforts, especially as I was phoning around last night to get a team out! I enjoyed the battle today and also playing on the Salt Mill pitch.

Well done St Stephens borough on winning the league today glad we didn't lose the game!typical probus today really battled well and also some very good young players hope the big strikers alright looked for him after the game great tussle I'm sure probus will give 100% in remaining games to finish as high as possible 

Well done St Stephens borough on winning the league today glad we didn't lose the game!typical probus today really battled well and also some very good young players hope the big strikers alright looked for him after the game great tussle I'm sure probus will give 100% in remaining games to finish as high as possible 

​Stu Fort's got a perforated ear drum and a fractured jaw, on the plus side he did score the all important goal. 

Didn't see the incident myself, but by all accounts, it was just one of those things.

Congratulations to St Stephens Borough. Fantastic achievement. Worked there way right up through the leagues. 

Hopefully they can sort out all the appointments in plenty of time before the new season gets under way. Any news on if they have found anyone yet? If not surely now promotion sorted they will have a few applications. 

As far as promotion from Division One is concerned the league changed the Rules to Read top two in Div 1 to be promoted to Premier.  Mind you I don't know what can be done if Probus decline promotion.   We will have to wait and see

Is it not a committees decision on promotion this season ecpl?

whether they relegate 2 and bring up 3 or obviously relegate 1 and bring 2 up. 

Because kilkhampton pulled out after fixtures released? 

Wrong or right. 

When we played probus one of there lads said if they get promotion they will take it if not they have applied for the combo and will hopefully get in that league instead 

Last season they promoted 3 with 1 going down ... But millbrook went up a league so needed 3 teams . Parkway pulled out the league and there position was offered to St blazeybwho declined it so st Dominic were given a stay of execution . This season kilk pulled out and rumour has it elburton are which means 1 down 3 up possibly . As far as I know 1 down 3 promoted this year although I could be wrong