Cornwall Football Forum

WCParsons semi final

Good luck tonight to the G hope its a full strength side and get to another final and make it a remarkable season . Going for a 3 -1 win tonight but this Exeter side must be good to of beaten Bodmin but think the G will be too good for them would loved to of been there but dont like floodlit football . Look forward to being at Godolphin way on Saturday to see Saltash take on the G

Good luck tonight to the G hope its a full strength side and get to another final and make it a remarkable season . Going for a 3 -1 win tonight but this Exeter side must be good to of beaten Bodmin but think the G will be too good for them would loved to of been there but dont like floodlit football . Look forward to being at Godolphin way on Saturday to see Saltash take on the G

Yes good luck to the G tonight and again on Saturday. 

full time score 4-2 to the G into another final what a brilliant team hope they got a display cabinet Team of the year manager of the year Tony McKeller and best gesture of the year for rearanging the St Austell match that Neil Slateford could play in the vase must go to Taniachairman . Maybe the local papers will give the G more coverage and praise . Well done THE G

A hard fought victory for the G tonight against a well-organised University team. Despite being 2 - 1 down, the experience of the G players won through in the end with 3 great goals from Timmy Peacock and then Kyle Brown and Dan Carne in the first period of extra-time. MOM for me was Jamie Lowry who kept a calm head during several difficult situations for the G and dictated much of the subsequent play. 

36m Godolphin 1-0 University

47m Godolphin 1-1 University

71m Godolphin 1-2 University

89m Godolphin 2-2 University

91m Godolphin 3-2 University

98m Godolphin 4-2 University

A hard fought victory for the G tonight against a well-organised University team. Despite being 2 - 1 down, the experience of the G players won through in the end with 3 great goals from Timmy Peacock and then Kyle Brown and Dan Carne in the first period of extra-time. MOM for me was Jamie Lowry who kept a calm head during several difficult situations for the G and dictated much of the subsequent play. 

It was Dan Carne who headed in from Jamie Lowry's shot that bounced down from hitting the bar just a minute before time to take it into another 30 minutes.

Kyle Brown soon after the restart and Timmy Peacock heading in after 8 minutes of the extra time secured their place in the final.

One for Big Al (even though the league pay for them), the officials for this game at Tavistock; the referee was from Goonhavern and the assistants were from Mabe and Callington.

So the G vs Plymouth Parkway in the final of the Water Parsons Cup final after winning 4-2 tonight thats going to be 1 hell of a game best striker in the league in Levi Landricombe .Hope the final is not miles away Bodmin i hope

Edited by 100%cornish
forgot to add he match

Who cares , it is a final.  You poor old Cornish bloke !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last year we had to go to Newton Abbot v St Austell ....  neither team complained then.

And not too long ago we had a final at Newquay and played St Blazey ... no noise once again from the Devon boys.

I am sure Tania has no problems with this either .

IT IS A FINAL , JUST ENJOY IT AND STOP MOANING.

I'm in fact pleased that Torpoint have got the final.

Firstly, over recent seasons they have put in a lot of time in improving the ground and so I think this deserves credit. The best acknowledgment that can be is being invited to stage a final.

Secondly, the club has suffered two tragic losses this season of vital hard working committee members. I know the whole club felt these deaths and so being presented this final is at last a piece of good news for the club this season.

Well done the SWPL with this decision.

Who cares , it is a final.  You poor old Cornish bloke !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last year we had to go to Newton Abbot v St Austell ....  neither team complained then.

And not too long ago we had a final at Newquay and played St Blazey ... no noise once again from the Devon boys.

I am sure Tania has no problems with this either .

IT IS A FINAL , JUST ENJOY IT AND STOP MOANING.

​That League Cup final was played on a ground that didn't even belong to a member club!

Well done to G and Parkway on getting to the final. Where it is played should make no difference whatsoever, Torpoint was chosen before the Semi-Finals were played, why didn't it matter then ?  The SWPL have done the right thing in naming the venue in advance, the alternative is to name two grounds at the start of the season, one in Cornwall, one in Devon, no point sending University of Exeter v Exwick Villa to Penzance or Falmouth v Penryn to Bovey.

Waiting until both finalist are known is always likely to lead to a more central location, little chance of clubs at the extreme ends of the Peninsula of getting a final, which would not be fair in my opinion. Having said that, Torpoint getting a second final so soon is a little strange.

The Mill is only an hour away, 50 miles by road, hardly the ends of the earth, be grateful you are in two finals, you never know when the next one might be.