Cornwall Football Forum

teams withdrawing/applying?

Richard will h has said to me that wont work because to many fixtures to be played etc but that was a couple months ago and pointers would that be like the old mining and fal Helston leagues how would it work? Where would teams from Camborne fit in would we be east or West? Do u have any ideas sounds better to me.

Richard will h has said to me that wont work because to many fixtures to be played etc but that was a couple months ago and pointers would that be like the old mining and fal Helston leagues how would it work? Where would teams from Camborne fit in would we be east or West? Do u have any ideas sounds better to me.

dave camborne teams obviously be in west, with teams from penzance, falmouth, penryn area, truro etc.. however i think it will be 4 leagues of 18 teams :)

If it goes to leagues of 18 you will have to kiss goodbye to most cup competitions. This season has proved that if you have a month of bad weather it's a struggle getting all the fixtures played. If it goes to 18, all cups remain and we have bad weather everyobe will be playing 3 games a week come April/May. Will have to take that into consideration if they are thinking of a re-shuffle!

dave camborne teams obviously be in west, with teams from penzance, falmouth, penryn area, truro etc.. however i think it will be 4 leagues of 18 teams :)

When I spoke with will I suggested the 18 team leagues I sd to kick off same as combo n he said wouldn't work with teams sharing cricket pitchs n ref shortage plus if we have another bad winter could cause caos. If it went east n west there wud b more eastern teams than western. If u say we would b in pzance area as well with falm/penryn that would b all of div 5 minus Newquay.

If it goes to leagues of 18 you will have to kiss goodbye to most cup competitions. This season has proved that if you have a month of bad weather it's a struggle getting all the fixtures played. If it goes to 18, all cups remain and we have bad weather everyobe will be playing 3 games a week come April/May. Will have to take that into consideration if they are thinking of a re-shuffle!

Some teams r more willing to play than others take likes of Camborne based teams athletic and town have both helped ech other to get fixtures on I know parks worked hard and im pretty sure titans have as well however u then get clubs with a 3rd party who says if they play or not such as Ludgvan and especially calijah.

It would be a shame to get rid of any cups but maybe starting them earlier in the season would help?

Also start the season earlier for the teams who have the pitches available? I know some pitches are unavailable due to cricket but there must be plenty out there that are available. More midweek games at the start of the season would help too, I think we had 1 midweek in Sept this season but have had 7 at the end of the season.

At West Cornwall if more teams were willing to play us on the astroturf we could have two games at home on the same day if necessary (one on grass and one on astro). We also have floodlights on the astro so can play double headers in the winter months and have done so on a couple of occasions this season when the grass pitch was unplayable, one game at 2pm and the other at 4pm. These were often the only two games being played in all of the Trelawny divisions on some Saturdays due to the weather. We know it's not the first choice surface for most people (half of our own club included) but when it's a choice of playing the game or not then it's a no brainer surely.

Not to turn this into a CSoM bashing thread but having to accommodate their requirements also doesn't help when the league are having to squeeze 15+ of their games into May on top of all the other clubs rearranged matches plus cup semis and finals.

I know it has been mentioned before but why not have semi-finals day or finals day when there are 3 or 4 games all on one day - imagine the crowds and the revenue generated for the clubs who would/could accomodate them. Especially if floodlights are available - maybe do some during the early part of the season if the pitches could withstand it and some at the end of the season when it is drier.

It would be a shame to get rid of any cups but maybe starting them earlier in the season would help?

Also start the season earlier for the teams who have the pitches available? I know some pitches are unavailable due to cricket but there must be plenty out there that are available. More midweek games at the start of the season would help too, I think we had 1 midweek in Sept this season but have had 7 at the end of the season.

At West Cornwall if more teams were willing to play us on the astroturf we could have two games at home on the same day if necessary (one on grass and one on astro). We also have floodlights on the astro so can play double headers in the winter months and have done so on a couple of occasions this season when the grass pitch was unplayable, one game at 2pm and the other at 4pm. These were often the only two games being played in all of the Trelawny divisions on some Saturdays due to the weather. We know it's not the first choice surface for most people (half of our own club included) but when it's a choice of playing the game or not then it's a no brainer surely.

Not to turn this into a CSoM bashing thread but having to accommodate their requirements also doesn't help when the league are having to squeeze 15+ of their games into May on top of all the other clubs rearranged matches plus cup semis and finals.

I have to agree on CSOM here though as if it was any other team we would be docked points such as Sennen

3 or 4 games on one day....even on a good pitch it would ruin it!

I do agree something like this could be doable mind you, but it would have to be at a place where there are x2 pitches within watching/walking distance, and I can't think of many?

I have to agree on CSOM here though as if it was any other team we would be docked points such as Sennen

To be fair it does give u a massive advantage etc and I think alot more teams would be willing to reverse fixtures if it didnt cos so much £50 init plus ref fees. We done it with penwith reversed it so played both on their astro pitch n u could c they played with the pitch whereas we didn't know how it played. But penwith said they was happy to pay for the pitch and we just paid the ref. Which was a nice gesture on their part at the time I thought. I think it would be better to start the season beginning of August if your pitch is available and if both teams r happy play mid week games where possible.

I believe in terms of the cup question that they were hinting of abolishing the Percy Stephens Cup because its just the same as the Junior Cup

Would be a shame if they did it gives teams the chance to play teams they wouldn't normally and every1 really says how good it would be to play and beat a big club like Helston or Illogan rarely happens but when it does it makes interesting conversation.