well everyone i will start it of this seasons top five places for this season

1 man city

2 man utd

3 chelsea

4 arsenal

5 spurs

now that should start the ball rolling

Ye Gods, I hope you are correct!

Personally, I reckon it's all pretty much wide open this season, and I don't think anyone is going to run away with the title. The margin will be narrow, whoever wins it.

Having said that, I really do fancy Spurs to finish in the top four at the very least. The signings they made were excellent and they definitely look stronger than last time around, especially now they are no longer distracted by the circus surrounding Gareth Thingummy, or whatever he was called. They are well shot of all that nonsense, and the money has been spent wisely.

I think there may only be a few ploints between the bottom 13.

1.Chelsea

2.Citeh

3.ManUre

4.Arse

5.Scousers

6.Gladys Street Strollers

7.Stevie Clarke's Kingdom

8.Spuds

9.Honest Sam and the Appy Ammers

10.Titanic Quay

11.River Cottagers

12.Peaky Blinder Villans

13.Bent Ball Boys

14.Delia's Pastel Wolf's Winkle

15. Chateauneuf du Pardew

16 Pottery Giants

17. Blue Red Dragons

18. Wunderland

19. 'Ull on the -Umber

20. Holloway's Paliasses.

• 3 months later...

Well, we're halfway there, and everything is about as clear as mud. Time to adjust our predictions (although I see I failed to post mine here in the first place).

1. Manchester City

2. Chelsea

3. Arsenal

4. Everton

5. Liverpool

That's my top 5. I think Spurs still have a good shout, and Man Utd can still get up as high as 3rd. But on the balance of what I've seen so far, this is my best guess at the final top 5 places.

Do you reckon they'll threaten a top 4 finish?

DEFINETLY NOT.

Struggling for top 6.

Man City,Chelsea,Arsenal,Liverpool,ManUtd and Everton,will finish above Spurs.

Then we have to contend with Newcastle and Southampton for 7th.

That's how much I rate the Sherwood appointment.

hats off to you a very honest opinion on your own team it makes a refreshing change to all the my teams better than yours

turning into an exciting prem league with the top 6 teams all in with a shout may come down to goal difference , which with the way city scores would be in their favour , i still think city will win the league as they have the best striking options and also a good manager who has made the fans forget mancini

• 2 months later...

1 man city

2 man utd

3 chelsea

4 arsenal

5 spurs

. Well wrong about utd and completely missed the pool gunners fourth about right , in my opinion the other three have better squads and will challenge for the title still go with city but they have to win the games in hand ,chelski up next for us but we have recently not a good record against them also spurs will be fith

• 4 weeks later...

Gunners winning Everton drop points city drawing Still plenty of twists yet pool still top the end of season at top and bottom is getting very interesting can the gunners hang on to fourth is it pools title ? Will Chelsea snatch it again ? What a season epl has kept us all on our toes this year

We've blown it, no question about that. City are heading for a third place finish.

I was never taken in for a second by all that quadruple rubbish that the media were rabbiting on about a little while ago. But third place will be a very disappointing finish, there's no denying it.

• 3 weeks later...

We've blown it, no question about that. City are heading for a third place finish.

I was never taken in for a second by all that quadruple rubbish that the media were rabbiting on about a little while ago. But third place will be a very disappointing finish, there's no denying it.

back in your hands now at least my forecast of fourth for the gunners was spot on

What fantastic news. No joy for arrogant Jose and those poor crybaby scousers can put away their champions T shirts for another year.

All over now - And Suarez made Ashley Cole look like a model of emotional restraint

Crying like a bitch - Couldn't happen to a nicer bloke !

Believe me, it isn't all over quite just yet. I've been following City for long enough to know that if anybody can screw up in a situation like this, we can!

To be honest, I think last night's result at Selhurst Park was (in the end) the most astonishing I have seen for years, possibly ever. I had heard that Liverpool were three up with only sixty minutes gone and I was starting to worry about our goal difference advantage being whittled away. And so, when I finally summoned up the courage to check the final outcome, it was purely to check how many more they had managed to grab. I couldn't believe my eyes, I had to stare at the result for yonks before it finally sank in. Hats off to Crystal Palace!

Anyway, let's see what transpires at the Etihad tomorrow night.

1 man city

2 man utd

3 chelsea

4 arsenal

5 spurs

Ye Gods, I hope you are correct!

Personally, I reckon it's all pretty much wide open this season, and I don't think anyone is going to run away with the title. The margin will be narrow, whoever wins it.

Having said that, I really do fancy Spurs to finish in the top four at the very least. The signings they made were excellent and they definitely look stronger than last time around, especially now they are no longer distracted by the circus surrounding Gareth Thingummy, or whatever he was called. They are well shot of all that nonsense, and the money has been spent wisely. well Steve your prediction was right about a tight finish , down to the last game City have been fantastic to watch and play football the way it should be played and yaya toure in midfield can't see anyone better in that position , forget the money spent city going forward are class and deserve the league , and Liverpool have been a revelation this season so well done to them as well , if only arsenal could have not surrendered so easily away from home to the teams above them , oh well always next season

1 man city

2 man utd

3 chelsea

4 arsenal

5 spurs

. Well today's the day we find out who are the new prem league champs, what a great season for all football fans , right down to the wire , it is in cities hands , but as we all know football can throw up some strange results , the two best teams this season fighting it out on the last day of the season fantastic , does not matter who you support what a season

1 man city

2 man utd

3 chelsea

4 arsenal

5 spurs

. Well today's the day we find out who are the new prem league champs, what a great season for all football fans , right down to the wire , it is in cities hands , but as we all know football can throw up some strange results , the two best teams this season fighting it out on the last day of the season fantastic , does not matter who you support what a season well three out of the top five for me no bad average , well done city the best side this season and close run by Liverpool not many seen that one , so great end to the season , will mouriniho be sacked ,or arsene leave? Will the spuds have a new manager and utd? The games are over but the speculation is not over the big depates will carry on

Glad to see Gerrard, Suarez, Ashley Cole, Mourinho, John Terry, Man Utd, win NOTHING this season. And the bonus, Alan Hanson is off too. Well done Man City, best team won the title.

Thank You!

I must admit. if a genie had popped out of a lamp last summer and offered us the Premier League title with the League Cup thrown in, I would have snatched his hand off like a shot.

Incidentally, this is only the second time in history that City have won two trophies in the same season. The other occasion was in 1970 when we bagged the League Cup and the old European Cup Winners Cup, but I have no recollection of it on account of being a bit too young at the time!

Incidentally, this is only the second time in history that City have won two trophies in the same season. The other occasion was in 1970 when we bagged the League Cup and the old European Cup Winners Cup, but I have no recollection of it on account of being a bit too young at the time

I guess it must be the first time that no English or British player played for the winning side in the League Cup final - very sad in my opinion!

Two out of three domestic trophies can't argue with that , yes sad about British talent but perhaps some don't have the hunger. To push to get in the top sides , in cities squad they have Rodwell , Milner and lescott and Barry was sent out on loan also Richards all good players some have been injured but they have to play at their top to get into cities starting line up oh and I forgot hart as well , most top prem league teams have only small numbers of British players but this is a problem from grassroots up , no easy answer or quick fix , so people might knock city for lack of homegrown talent but when there is only approx 30 per cent British players in the epl is it really their fault ? Or just sour grapes ?