Cornwall Football Forum

Match off - 13-4-13

Great effort by the parkway players and commitee to get this game on , but a little bit of common sense from the ref would of saved a journey for the Newquay squad .. It was probably playable at 11 o clock but he must of noticed the rain that continued for the next 3 hours was going to effect his decision ..he did to be fair to him keep us all in suspense as he arrived at 215 when he thought he was going to ref a water polo game only to be told that this was a football match and to his disappointment called the game off to the delight of all the ducks that had settled on the pitch and the fishermen looking to catch a prized fish from the side line...

B manning ... The Newquay game should of been called off at 1130 and saved the Newquay squad turning up .. It was embarrassing conditions I had texts and calls from parkway players saying the game won't be on because they new the pitch was unplayable .. But it's not there decision so we set off to play the game , but the only game playable was water polo .. Ref declared on at 1130 and must of slept for 3 hours because at 2 the pitch was underwater .. He still took 20 mins to say game was off .. Very poor in my opinion

Hope this link works, it shows the valiant effort put in by Parkway to get the game on, no problem with their staff, but hopefully you can see what we are talking about...

http://instagram.com/p/YC9PiWFRIw/

Update 4.5 hrs later, It seems that all the knockers have trolled off to bother someone else, you can't argue with facts or photographic evidence.

The same problem with my pitch this saturday, home club inspect the pitch 10.30 it`s raining but no problem ,come 13.30 when I inspect the pitch all the rain had just lain on the top so standing water on 80% of the pitch, unfortunately no time to stop the away team traveling.