Cornwall Football Forum

Combo Results and Table - 30th March 2013

Hi folks

Can you add your scores, scorers and attendances to this thread please, as early as possible or text me on 07597907549 with any details.

Thanks

Cornwall Combination League

30th March 2013

Falmouth Athletic 0-3 Wendron United (Ed TimmIns, Jacob Johnson, OG)

Att - 45

Falmouth Town Reserves (Dan Richardson 2) 2-3 Penryn Athletic Reserves (Bobby Bryant 2, Matt McIlroy)

Att - 63

Hayle Reserves 0-1 Perranwell (Jimmy Thompson)

Att - 38

Holman SC 0-7 Ludgvan (Gerens James 4, Tom Patrick, Ross Williams, Dan Magee)

Att - 30

St Agnes 0-0 St Ives Town

Att - 48

St Just (Jiustin Wood, Darren Steadman, Stuart Nichols, Jon Bird) 4-2 Mullion (Chris Ensink, Alan Thomas)

Att - 30

Troon (Darren Browning) 1-2 Pendeen Rovers (Scott Meagor, Ashley Ellis)

Att - 26

31st March 2013

League Cup Final

St Day (Chris Tolley, Mikey Davis) 2-1 Illogan RBL (Simon Ellis)

Att - 268

POS TEAM PL W D L F A GD PTS

1 ILLOGAN RBL 25 21 2 2 81 27 54 65
2 ST DAY 27 19 3 5 86 38 48 60
3 LUDGVAN 27 18 2 7 83 43 40 56
4 PERRANWELL 25 16 3 6 68 35 33 51
5 PENDEEN ROVERS 27 15 6 4 67 38 29 51
6 ST IVES TOWN 24 14 8 2 65 31 34 50
7 WENDRON UNITED 26 13 6 7 57 43 14 45
8 MULLION 29 13 4 12 78 77 1 43
9 GOONHAVERN ATHLETIC 24 12 4 8 54 41 13 40
10 ST AGNES 25 11 6 8 52 39 13 39
11 PENRYN ATHLETIC RESERVES 26 12 2 12 52 61 -9 38
12 FALMOUTH TOWN RESERVES 28 11 4 13 70 74 -4 37
13 ST JUST 26 11 3 12 57 55 2 36
14 RNAS CULDROSE 26 7 7 12 56 63 -7 28
15 TROON 25 7 2 16 50 66 -16 23
16 FALMOUTH ATHLETIC 25 7 2 16 45 87 -42 23
17 PORTHLEVEN RESERVES 31 6 3 22 47 102 -55 21
18 HAYLE RESERVES 29 5 4 20 36 83 -47 19
19 NEWQUAY RESERVES 25 4 4 17 37 69 -32 16
20 HOLMAN SC 29 3 3 23 34 106 -69 12

Fal Ath 0 v Wendron United 3

Wendron didn't need to get out of second gear yesterday away to Falmouth Athletic.

Scrappy game that never got going. Wendron dominated,although Athletic did come at us more in the second half. Difficult pitch to get the ball down and play, so both sides weren't great in possession.

Ed Timmis got our first, which was followed by an own goal. We got our third near the end after Falmouth had applied some pressure, Jake Johnson noticing his first for the club with a well taken finish.

Good bunch of lads, all the best for the rest of the season.

Totally outplayed and out battled by St Just yesterday and didnt deserve anything from the game. At least the man in the middle didnt hold any ill feeling towards us after the fallout from our semi final he officiated!!!! At one point their centre forward went right through the back of Ross, finishing his game, ref simply gave a free kick and when Alan reminstrated about the challenge he threatened 2 send him off!!. That was one incident of many. Didnt matter who was in the middle, we were poor yesterday and didnt deserve a point, but being involved in another Paul Butler show was dissapointing to say the least.

Holman Sports Club: big fat zero - 7 Ludgvan

Att 45

Well it was great to be back...well it was at 3pm by the time we got to 4:45 the feel good factor had gone on an Easter break. Ludgvan turned up with a squad of about 28 and in true Holmans tradition we had 3 injuries 2 sitting on the naughty step from recent red card shenanigans and 2 unable to make it due to life saving duties (paramedic & lifeguard - thunderbirds international rescue has nothing on us). Needless to say I had turned up after my 4 week sunbathing holiday expecting to watch from the sidelines and we had a bare 11 so promptly was thrust into the middle of midfield against the local youth club who were much quicker and agile then me so was promptly blowing out my ass after 10mins...luckily Jase was in a pacman mood and was in full on munching action from the start but earned a 1st half yellow card for kicking the ball away!

Ludgvan started quickly and within 5 min had taken the lead when 3 of us just watched the ball bounce on the edge of the area spellbound by its roundness allowing the Ludgvan striker to slot home. The rest of the 1st half saw a rearguard display not seen since Michael Caine donned a red tunic, started singing-welsh songs whilst wandering around a half naked local javelin competition at a place called Rourkes Drift! We were riding our luck big style and the extra thick paint on the crossbar had kept the scoreline to one until Aaron tried a Johan Cruyf Messi maradonna esque turn which saw him promptly get dispossessed and Ludgvan run through to take a 0-2 lead on the stroke of half time

I've used one of those Will Smith gadgets from men in black to erase the 2nd half from my mind but I must have used a cheap one from Tragos as I can still remember that I was playing awful, bobby got threaders doing continuous grid sprints with the GB sprinting team who were playing upfront for the visitors. Jase got himself sent off for a 2nd yellow after upending Harry Corin in the penalty box....apparently a poor defenceless bin in our changinging room has reported him to the police for Gbh Ludgvan missed the penalty but still punished us further and I got a bit worried we were going to have to use the cricket box behind the goal to keep score. Aaron limped off with 10 to go so we finished with 9 players which was ace and just what you need after 80mins.

So all in all a lovely way to spend an Easter Saturday. Congratulations to Ludgvan who 2 years ago were in the same situation we are finding ourselves in now and have turned it round spectacularly and are a good young side with massive support (biggest gate of the season at blaythorne yesterday) although I think the players need lots of people watching to drive them to games :)

We have Athletic at home next week which is pretty much the last throw of the dice if we don't come away with something from that but with 9 games to go its still possible.....just!

Guest BenTheYeti

Never has a 7 nil defeat sounded so amusing.. excellent effort as always Mr Pitt, and it will be a huge loss to not only Holmans I'm sure, but this forum when you move on to pastures new

a tale of two halves perranwell should have been two up at half time when their striker missed from six yards out from a great cross and they kept pressing for large part of the 1st half but some how we kept them out the second half was a lot better for us but we had a lot of possesion but could not break dowwn perrans defence ,thought game was well reffed by dave dodson and he treated the players with respect. was impressed with the way perranwell play football and theywere very sporting after the game good luck for the rest of the season and onwards and upwards [hopefully] for hayle

l

Hayle 0-1 perranwell
Jimmy Thompson x 1
ATT: 40

a tale of two halves perranwell should have been two up at half time when their striker missed from six yards out from a great cross and they kept pressing for large part of the 1st half but some how we kept them out the second half was a lot better for us but we had a lot of possesion but could not break dowwn perrans defence ,thought game was well reffed by dave dodson and he treated the players with respect. was impressed with the way perranwell play football and theywere very sporting after the game good luck for the rest of the season and onwards and upwards [hopefully] for hayle

l

Hayle 0-1 perranwell

Jimmy Thompson x 1

ATT: 40

Matt rose missed that chance I think it was more like 3 yards!