Cornwall Football Forum

Combo Results and Table -23rd March 2013

Can you post your results, scorers and attendances on this thread please or text me on 07597907549 with any details.

Thanks

The fixtures have been altered for April and May. There are a couple missing plus a double date for Penryn so I have altered the website the best I can.

http://www.cornwallcomboleague.co.uk/12scores.htm or http://www.cornwallcomboleague.co.uk/clubs12.html

Cornwall Combination League

23rd March 2013

Goonhavern Athletic (Andy Morris, Ian Gosling) 2-1 Falmouth Athletic (Matt Pellow)

Att - 25

Holman SC (Jason Blight, Adam Freethy) 2-5 Falmouth Town Reserves (Andy westgarth, Sam Bromley, Steven Winnan, Jamie Webb, OG))

Att - 20

Illogan RBL (Dominic Pullen 4, Luke Wort, Adam Callaway, Simon Ellis) 7-0 Porthleven Reserves

Att - 50

Ludgvan (Dan Magee 2) 2-1 St Ives Town (Martyn Harding)

Att - 100

Mullion (Alan Thomas 5, Rob Carey) 6-0 Troon

Att - 15

Pendeen Rovers (Andrew House, Silas Sullivan) 2-0 Hayle Reserves

Att - 40

Penryn Athletic Reserves P-P St Agnes

(Now playing on Tuesday 26th March)

Perranwell (Jimmy Thompson, Luke Brabyn, Chris Madeley 3-1 RNAS Culdrose (Jamie Adam)

Att - 32

St Day (Martin Day, Justin Miles) 2-3 Wendron United (Sam Care, Ben Allen, Tom Langford)

Att - 48

St Just (Darren Ball 2, Darren Steadman, OG) 4-0 Newquay Reserves

Att - 30

POS TEAM PL W D L F A GD PTS

1 ILLOGAN RBL 25 21 2 2 81 27 54 65
2 ST DAY 27 19 3 5 86 38 48 60
3 LUDGVAN 26 17 2 7 76 43 33 53
4 ST IVES TOWN 23 14 7 2 65 31 34 49
5 PERRANWELL 24 15 3 6 67 35 32 48
6 PENDEEN ROVERS 26 14 6 4 65 37 28 48
7 MULLION 28 13 4 11 76 73 3 43
8 WENDRON UNITED 25 12 6 7 54 43 11 42
9 GOONHAVERN ATHLETIC 24 12 4 8 54 41 13 40
10 ST AGNES 23 11 5 7 51 37 14 38
11 FALMOUTH TOWN RESERVES 27 11 4 12 68 71 -3 37
12 ST JUST 25 10 3 12 53 53 0 33
13 PENRYN ATHLETIC RESERVES 24 10 2 12 47 58 -11 32
14 RNAS CULDROSE 25 6 7 12 54 63 -9 25
15 TROON 24 7 2 15 49 64 -15 23
16 FALMOUTH ATHLETIC 24 7 2 15 45 84 -39 23
17 PORTHLEVEN RESERVES 30 6 3 21 47 100 -53 21
18 HAYLE RESERVES 28 5 4 19 36 82 -46 19
19 NEWQUAY RESERVES 25 4 4 17 37 69 -32 16
20 HOLMAN SC 28 3 3 22 34 96 -62 12

pendeen v hayle we defended very well until about 5 mins from half time and was undone by two corners and two headers .how he squeezed the second header in still remains a mystery to me . alex 1st game in charge and he had to make some enforced changes ,able assisted by mark crew ,overall not agreat game but credit to pendeen they took their changes well .also credit to their groundtaff for making sure the game went ahead, not a bad day for us but we need points quick to save us from relegation, reffed well by simon berryman and no really bad challenges ,both sides were very sporting , and i even got a drink from duncan the chairman and great food at the radjeal pub ,and we even lost the 50/50 [ bloody duncan again]

good luck to pendeen for the rest of the season ps went fishing after the game and got f.a again .not my best saturday

Watched in anticaption at the ludgvan vs st ives game and was very very annoyed. Both teams were very poor and the ref was even worse. Didn't see the striker that has scored so many for ludgvan who I thought played good football??? St ives were dreadful also and i was ready to go home at half time. The sending off was deserved however I agreed with the players point of view as the ref was awful. The difference between the teams was the players drafted in from Newquay even if they weren't that great. The game sums up the combo for me

Apologies first of all for sounding like a massive hippocrite. After defending people blasting refs in the two semi finals on here, I defended refs, but today it got thrown back in my face by our official yesterday. First of all, it was a young lad, so well done to him in taking up the whistle. He had a decent game and I don't think either side can really complain about his performance up to a certain point.

After one of our players was repeatedly kicked, he swore at the ref in frustration. Rightfully, the ref took action and sent him off. No complaints. However, in the first half a St Day player grabbed him, he was repeatedly sworn at by players from both teams, but took no action. After the sending off of our player, we seemed to get the message, however it eluded some St Day players who continued to aim cursing in his direction. The number 16 of St Day, who in all honesty was a disgrace to St Day FC on the day, aimed several profanities consisting of the f and c words at the official. He also called our big boned striker a 'fat c***', with the ref no more than 10 yards away. The ref appeared to hear this by making a hand gesture indicating him to be quiet. No action taken. After our 3rd goal, the St Day defence opened abuse to their own Lino who made the correct call. Still no action taken.

Hate to see players sent off, but after the ref set the president for one example, I really don't understand how he can not follow through with worst cases of it before and after the incident.

i really hope this will be a learning curve for the ref, all we ask for is consistancy.

Anyway, sorry to moan, to the match report.

The match started with a minutes silence due to the passing of one of our player's dad. Ed Timmins' father sadly passed in the week and our thoughts and best wishes go out to Ed and his family. Pete Timmins ws a great man, a former youth team manager at Wendron and supporter of the club. Thanks to St Day for hosting and carrying out the minutes silence with us.

The game kicked off and started off quite cagey. Matt Harris had just been to Marks and Spencer's and sported a fine flat cap and brown jacket/trouser combo, the St Day gaffer passionately urged his players on showing a complete lack of disrespect for the person who wasted the paint on their techincal area. Paul Murray in the other dugout sported an oversized sports jacket, but who too, barked orders from the sideline.

Boon, the St Day forward, offered a threat up front, linking up well with Mikey Davies, while Boon's strike partner Danny Ford, seemed uninterested. Mikey and Boon linked up well twice in quick succession,only for the latter to be judged offside on both occasions.

Wendron grew into the game with Ben Allen and Ben Ambrose causing trouble upfront.

The deadlock was finally broken and St Day went one up after a Martin Day cross was deflected in off Dean Blatch for an OG.

The equiliser came soon after, good work from Ben Ambrose down the left saw his cross headed in by Sam 'Tom Castaway' Care, his first goal since under7s.

The half fizzled out without either side creating any other real chances.

St Day soon went back in front in the second half after what appeared to be another OG. A free kick was awarded on the touch line, which was taken on the edge of the box. What seemed a poor delivery actually caused some confusion and the ball was deflected in by Searle.

Wendron were then reduced to ten, but didnt let that effect their game. Mooney was again impressive down the left, while Roames marshalled the right. Moseley, a rock in the the heart of defence, pulling off several last ditch tackles.

Ambrose ran at the St Day defence. Cooper, a half time sub for Ford, committed himself and went to ground. Penalty Wendron. Allen steps up and cooly finishes.

The yellows are rattled. Ambrose kept causing the defence of St Day problem after problem. I am sure that I saw a bit of wee trickling down the leg of a St Day defender as Wendron launched another attack. 16 was caught in possession on the edge of his box, setting Allen away. With plenty of shooting options, Allen decided to square it. St Day cleared. Another break saw Allen square the ball again, this time causing problems for St Day. A defender's challenge saw the ball going in the net, only for it to be denied by an excellent save by the St Day keeper.

The winner came after Langford overlapped and Ambrose slid him in down the right. The winger calmly slotted into the far corner sparking wild scenes from the away side.

St Day then launched attack after attack, Tresidder making several quality saves in goal, and an effort cleared off the line.

The final whistle went to see a result that will make other teams sit up and take notice of an ever improving Wendron squad.

Loved the harmonica playing fan, gotta get Peter Thorne a banjo. Loved the programme, loved the merchandise available and big screen. Clearly some great things going on off the pitch at St Day. Definitely moving in the right direction. Also loved the Phil Brown style team talk by St Day too.

I will finally end on a quote from the St Day captain that was aimed at our bench: "It's just a day out for you lot!"

Yes it was,and a great one at that too!

All the best for the rest of the season.

Up the Dron!

Illogan 7 - O Porthleven

Well done to Illogan, we couldnt handle them today, alot better all over the field, a few mistakes, from us didnt help.

Would like to say well done to the referee who steppeed in and was very good. Original ref was injured during his warm up.

Have to agree on this one it was men v boys alot of the time,very difference performance to what I saw port v penryn last week,Illogan dominated and tucked their chances away,I must say I agree with the step in referee doing a fabulous job.

Ian Roberts stepped in last minute yesterday to ref our game at illogan after the original ref appeared to tear a calf muscle in warm

Up, was in a lot if pain! Many thanks to Ian tho for stepping in and letting both teams get the game on

Watched in anticaption at the ludgvan vs st ives game and was very very annoyed. Both teams were very poor and the ref was even worse. Didn't see the striker that has scored so many for ludgvan who I thought played good football??? St ives were dreadful also and i was ready to go home at half time. The sending off was deserved however I agreed with the players point of view as the ref was awful. The difference between the teams was the players drafted in from Newquay even if they weren't that great. The game sums up the combo for me

If this is true about Newquay players helping Ludgvan, sad to hear when the Ressies are staring relegation in the face.

How different was the port team vs illogan too what it was vs. penryn last Tuesday

Not too different, Probably as many changes as there would have been at Penryn if they had played. A few Illnesses, and absentees within 1st and 2nd temas meant both were short.

Thanks for the concern TheManHimself

Have to agree Dudas, i thought it was a very poor game. Who were the newquay players playing for ludgvan? Not one player stood out at all as a premier player! Why were they not playing for Newquay reserves?? Isnt it in the best interests of any club to get players to sign first and second team forms to cover both teams and help each other out?

I had read that Newquay SWPL player Dan Magee scored twice for Ludgvan. It is quite possible that Dan was already signed for Ludgvan before he joined Newquay (from Hayle SWPL).

I would imagine that when the SWPL side do not have games so close together, more may be fielded in the Combo side, subject to the 7 day, 3 player rules situation or whatever it is. The side put out against St Just included players from all 4 Newquay sides such is the injury crisis at the club as a whole. With the possibility of relegation, it is possible that the last game of the season at home to Porthleven could be a decider.

Illogan 7 - O Porthleven

Well done to Illogan, we couldnt handle them today, alot better all over the field, a few mistakes, from us didnt help.

Would like to say well done to the referee who steppeed in and was very good. Original ref was injured during his warm up.

Have to agree on this one it was men v boys alot of the time,very difference performance to what I saw port v penryn last week,Illogan dominated and tucked their chances away,I must say I agree with the step in referee doing a fabulous job.

Ian Roberts stepped in last minute yesterday to ref our game at illogan after the original ref appeared to tear a calf muscle in warm

Up, was in a lot if pain! Many thanks to Ian tho for stepping in and letting both teams get the game on

Not a bad ref replacement Jamo. Ian Roberts, top referee. Refereed a fair few games when I was skipper at Port, and was always someone you could talk to and would explain his decisions. One of the better refs for sure...

Thats exactly how I found him Dean. Is unusual to have a referee who is approachable, and explains his decisions. treated the players like adults and in return recieved far more respect than most.