Cornwall Football Forum

Combo Cup-draw, dates and possible venues

Two cracking semis and what will be a very good final, why porthlevan as a venue though?? Now their clubhouse has gone I'd say this is one of the least favourable venues for a final in the combo??? Pitch aside,as its undoubtably one of the best around mind. Who decides on the venues for these games....??

Two cracking semis and what will be a very good final, why porthlevan as a venue though?? Now their clubhouse has gone I'd say this is one of the least favourable venues for a final in the combo??? Pitch aside,as its undoubtably one of the best around mind. Who decides on the venues for these games....??

WHERE WOULD HAV IT?? WENDRON ??

Can't see why anyone can slate wendrons set up, plenty of parking, decent pitch, ok maybe not the quality when the great jack prowse was looking after it but still good, fantastic changing facilities and a good bar, so where are the major negatives about wendron?

Oh I see that us extremely relevent to this post?????? Lunch time session sky??

Guys, I think you lot might have been on a lunchtime session.

Not once did I "slate" Wendron, merely pointing out others have excellent facilities aswell.

Wendron indeed do have a great set up, and I look forward to visiting next month.

As MJP rightly points out you have to fight your corner and Hayle is my club.

You don't get the county finals and regularly hold the kernow youth finals [as do Wendron] If your ground's not up to it.

Plus being the cup final is end of march, which is what this topic is about, the cup final venue, I don't think u would probably see a cricket match being played at wendron being that the cricket season doesn't start until end of April I believe?!

The point about the cricket is;

A clubhouse sharing two or more sporting set-ups is obviously going to be more financially beneficial than hosting just one.

TOIGTBIW, Peter Thorne can stop the wind if necessary, and Barry your dress sense is appalling so we don't care about your opinion about our colours anyway, I would prefer like Don Revie to change it to all white, but we are trying to severe the Truro connection so that will not happen!

I expect the hot air from Peter anyway....stop the wind....bloody impressive that.

BBB..turn your bloody caps lock off and write properly. Caps are for shouting when your angry - like this - TURN YOUR CAPS LOCK OFF !!!!!!!

I WORK IN A FACTORY WITH LOUD MACHINES SO TALK LOUD HENCE THE CAPS, GET OVER ITNope...JUST LAZY.

Thanks for that skippy,,,, mathematically not down yet!!! Unfortunately our facilities need a little bit of care and attention and a considerable bit of fairy dust (cash) to make them all nice and shiny and fit for a semi/final.....would have loved to have hosted one but we don't really need the pain, grief and abuse that would have resulted in the barrage of comments on here.

Best 3 grounds in the league to host in my opinion Porthleven, Penryn & Falmouth Town....as a player they have something a little bit special about them when you step out on the pitch.

Thanks for that skippy,,,, mathematically not down yet!!! Unfortunately our facilities need a little bit of care and attention and a considerable bit of fairy dust (cash) to make them all nice and shiny and fit for a semi/final.....would have loved to have hosted one but we don't really need the pain, grief and abuse that would have resulted in the barrage of comments on here.

Best 3 grounds in the league to host in my opinion Porthleven, Penryn & Falmouth Town....as a player they have something a little bit special about them when you step out on the pitch.

Definatly up there but people are forgetting Hayle and Illogan, possible the 2 best surfaces in the league. No disrespect but Penryn is not the ground that it used be, the surface is not the same. I have to agree that there is something different at walking out at those grounds, and exactly what you should get from a semi-final. No disrespect to Ludgvan but no where near the same standard as the others mentioned.

Aggie should go for it would be a great atmosphere there for a final

. Played on their pitch a couple of weeks ago and was a terrible surface to play on! Good clubhouse and friendly atmosphere though but not a good enough surface for a final!