Cornwall Football Forum

Trelawny League results - Sat Oct 13th 2012

hayle 2 constantine 2nds 2 a good game to play hayle asr a good young side but i think the ref changed the game by giveing hayle a pen when not even one of there players shouted for it . but apart from that the ref had an ok game good bunch at hayle see you in the cup in a few weeks

:thumbsup: i agree mate it was a good game, but definate penalty. i thought the ref had a great game.

playing advantage when he could and letting the game flow. it was good to see two sides trying to play football

as it should be played. being honest i thought we edged it, but dont feel robbed with the result.

great bunch of lads and look forward to playing you in the cup. :)

Redruth Utd 3-2 Holmans Res.

Thought Ben Page aka Nigel de Jong had a great game and must now be pushing for a first team call up!!!!

Division 3

Redruth res 3 Holmans res 2

Redruth started poorly again today which seems to be a bit of a regular thing at the moment . sloppy defending and punished by Tony Eddy . the game then went a bit quiet for a while until Andy Osbourne turned just outside the box and drilled in a great finish . just as half time approached Redruth committed defensive suicide again and Eddy punished them again . half time 1-2

After a few words at half time Redruth responded in the right manner with Tony Barber heading in to equalise . twenty minutes later Kyler Letcher pounced to score the winner . Holmans pressed for the equaliser but the home team held out .

good performances from Scott Robinson and Gareth Edwards for Holmans and Callum Salmon and Andy Osbourne for Redruth

good bunch of lads at Holmans and nice to see batch and chinner still playing . wish them the best for the season .

Div 3 - Redruth Utd Res 3 v 2 Holmans Res

Cheers for the comment's Sammo, appreciate it.

On a crisp day at Clijah the Holmans felt jubilant with an overzealous number of players to choose from for once (12). Nigel Hambly sadly couldn't play as he had a little sniffle and we lost our ginger genius to the awful oval shaped ball. None the less the classic D-Ream hit "Things can only get better" were in our minds after last weeks capitulation against Newquay U12's.

The oddball referee decided that "respect" was the theme of the day and insisted we all shake hands before kicking off. It was a lovely gesture and I was just waiting for the Morris Dancers to come but the ref decided we better kick off just to the left of the 5ft pothole near the centre circle.

The game started brightly for the visitors with some neat play down the right involving Old Batch and Tubby, er I mean Tony Eddy. About 15 mins into the game an uncharacteristic mistake by 62 year old Darren Buckley lead to Tony Eddy rounding the keeper only to go too wide, he attempted to guide this into my path only for the defender to play a one two with Tony who lashed the ball in from 6 yards. The hosts began to impose themselves on the game and a characteristic crap clearance by David "metric tonne" Jolly fell to Andy Osbourne who smashed home a terrific effort from 20 yards. I still think Fudgy is going down in stages now trying to save it, now if that was a Kit Kat heading towards him I do believe the score would have remained 1-0 to us! The game ebbed and flowed and I had a free kick which amazingly cleared the wall but the home keeper saved easily. Shortly before half time great work by Scotty Robinson which lead to a weak back pass was seized upon by Eddy who finished excellently with his left foot.

HT 1-2

The second half began with both teams ready to play but had to wait for the ref to finish his "cigarette". Eventually we kicked off but Holmans forgot to set their alarm clocks and didn't wake up until Tony Barber headed through Fudgy's hands to equalise. Now if Mr Barber's head was made of lamb shish I do believe this would have been the first decapitation in a football match, sadly for us Fudgy doesn't eat human heads! Now to the controversy. Marc Richards (38) and what I can only describe as an infant (3) were both battling for the ball in the left hand corner, from my view at the half way line it looked like both had gone to ground to get the ball, there was a little argy bargy until Richards grabbed the youngster by the umbillical cord and slammed him onto his back; ensue chaos which lead to Richards and the Redruth Utd captain both rightly being dismissed. It really was an unsavoury incident which didn't refelect the good nature of the game. Both teams were trying to play football and Redruth ultimately scored the winner due to another characteristic mistake from Jolly which lead to Letcher finishing us off. I do believe I had claims for a penalty near the end which I think the lino agreed with but was told by the ref prior to the game not to flag. All in all it was quite an even game but to be fair Redruth probably just deserved it. A special mention must go to the centre half that prevented me getting booked near the end. Much appreciated fella. Good bunch of lads at Redruth( that's a sentence I don't write or say very often!)credit to Darren Lewarne on the last 19 or so years. All the best for the season.

Afterwards we went back to the impressive St Rumons and discussed how many milk teeth Marc had in his hand from his attack on a child!!!

By the way Chinner successfully remained infertile today and didn't manage to impregnate any young maiden - BONUS!

Man of the match: Chrissy Allen

hayle 2 constantine 2nds 2 a good game to play hayle asr a good young side but i think the ref changed the game by giveing hayle a pen when not even one of there players shouted for it . but apart from that the ref had an ok game good bunch at hayle see you in the cup in a few weeks

:thumbsup: i agree mate it was a good game, but definate penalty. i thought the ref had a great game.

playing advantage when he could and letting the game flow. it was good to see two sides trying to play football

as it should be played. being honest i thought we edged it, but dont feel robbed with the result.

great bunch of lads and look forward to playing you in the cup. :)

Ref had a good game apart from an unbelievably crazy 15 minutes. never a penalty. If you think it was i suggest you teach your players to appeal for things as not one person did and everyone was confused at what decision he had even made. A handball minutes later that never was about 35 yards out led to 2 yellow cards and a free kick 20yards out. Hayle have a good young team but the way we set up was working perfectly with riding our luck now and again aswell. 1-0 up, Hayle hadnt created a 2nd half chance and infact Tine were looking dangerous with a more direct aproach. 2 goals for Hayle gifted by the ref put Hayle back into it with Hayle players then taking the piss out of most of our players. we equalized when we were down and out in truth given what had happened before. mind you all went very quiet after that and the game fizzled out to nothing other than a good half volley saved by Tine keeper at the end. Probably a fair result against a good young team who are about to find out they are now playing against men

Note to retired for now, players do not need to appeal for free kicks,penalties etc the referee see`s the infringements and acts accordingly he makes his own decision on what he see`s not shouts from players. It is not a requirement that referee`s only make decisions after a loud appeal by players.

Note to retired for now, players do not need to appeal for free kicks,penalties etc the referee see`s the infringements and acts accordingly he makes his own decision on what he see`s not shouts from players. It is not a requirement that referee`s only make decisions after a loud appeal by players.

note to mr manning, am well aware of that. Am just stating facts and in general if not even the opposition appeal its going to make the decision look a little dodgy. Assuming you have played the game before refereeing you would also know that any player who thought hard done by would react in some way. Dont have to preach the refereeing handbook to me. Ill back refs and do back refs and rarely have a go at any ref and havnt had a go this time. i said that in general he had a good game. not slagging him off at all. I do question some decisions but leave it at that. As i stated a mad 15 mins. i can assure you, if you were watching you wouldve been a little confused. A draw was prob a fair result but without that 15 mins we could well have won the game.

Another note to Mr manning.....sometimes instead of scanning through rulebook a bit of common sense often helps. That in place with nobody appealing would lead to the conclusion that probably no foul took place. The probably for me would be enough to not give a penalty

retired for now, you do not have to assume that I have not played the game, I have and at senior level, also I have not accused you of slagging off the referee. All i am trying to say is that because a player/team do not appeal does not mean a foul has not been committed. In an earlier post "joejellico" refers to it as a definate penalty and as always depending who you are or support we have two differing views, obviously the referee thought the same and awarded a penalty because that is what he is there to do, make decisions.

retired for now, you do not have to assume that I have not played the game, I have and at senior level, also I have not accused you of slagging off the referee. All i am trying to say is that because a player/team do not appeal does not mean a foul has not been committed. In an earlier post "joejellico" refers to it as a definate penalty and as always depending who you are or support we have two differing views, obviously the referee thought the same and awarded a penalty because that is what he is there to do, make decisions.

The ref gave what he thought he had seen so thats the way it is. Always going to be a different angle from the halfway line. No idea where jojojojojelicococo or what ever hes called was in comparison. I can gaurantee that there were atleast 16 or 17 on the pitch that were surprised but ref thought what he gave was correct thats the way it is. On a slightly different note, there was a lot of spectators witnessing some shocking abuse of the ref on the combo pitch by one person ( wont name). Surprised nothing has been said in combo bit on here, i was actually quite shocked.maybe that happens a lot at that level. Ive thought a few times about taking up the whistle but i dont think i ever will. couldnt take the stick like some can....good luck to them all

Yes that is all I was saying, in all my years I can honestly say that players appealing or in some cases non appealing makes no difference to my decisions and I hope that applies to all referee`s, As to taking up the whistle well you never know, I honestly thought I could never do it for the same reasons as you quote, but getting conned into it when my son started playing I suprised myself, and now look back on my games and still think to myself how did I ever do that., I managed to reach what is now level 3