Cornwall Football Forum

Once again whats happening at Truro

Actually they do play football at Eton and to a high standard. My year 10 teams (Truro School) have played Eton on two occasions in recent years, both home and away, and we were comprehensively beaten. Your club manager will be able to confirm this.

Yeah, I can see the Ginger whinger and the Gov't front benches using jumpers for goalposts. Sarcasm is wasted on those who are brainwashed.

Pay up, all of it, and stop flippin moaning. We all have bills to pay, unless you cheat of course, or a high income bracket tax dodger.

If i recall correctly Mr Heaney's press release blames the non payment of tax on a sponsor who has failed to stump well over £100k - who the hell is that? Does anybody actually believe that to be the case? If it is then why not name them or could it be one of KH's own companies?

Either way, as you keep paying wages, the PAYE/NI owed to HMRC keeps accumulating (as does VAT) so unless you keep paying when due on a monthly/quarterly basis this problem will just keep recurring and the penalties/interest keep being added on - and the more often you default on payment the higher those penalties get.

At home games they often announce two sponsors: Cornish Land and Truro & Penwith College. I'm not sure how a college has money to sponsor a football team! I imagine a college could do with £100,000 to spend on educational things and its taxpayer's money anyway so surely not meant for sponsoring a football team - for what in return? Which leaves Cornish Land which is one of KH's companies. You'd think HMRC would know that so when he tells them a major sponsor hasn't coughed up they could say to him, "so your club is short of cash because your company hasn't paid your club the promised sponsorship money"! I wonder which company executive made the promise of the cash in the first place and/or has failed to pay up? The company should sack him! Oh, no, wait a minute.............

Today on teletext Mr.Heaney tried to blame HMRC for all the problems in smaller clubs ..I may be missing the poiint

but if your taxes were paid would that not solve your problems? -_-

I was always told,there are only two things certain in life,you pay your tax and you die. :P

Do we know all the questions? .............................................. NO

Do we have all the answers? ................................................. NO

Do we have a solution for the unknown?................................ NO

Without anything constructive to contribute the best thing is to shut up and keep quiet.

All the silly talk in the world will not help, the impression is that most posting here

would enjoy to see the demise of Truro City F.C.

Without anything constructive to contribute the best thing is to shut up and keep quiet.

And then you wonder why people dislike Truro so much! Despite what you think you read, I think you'll probably find the majority of football followers in Cornwall do not want the demise of the club. But even you must admit Mountaineer the whole thing this season has been a public relations disaster!

Do we know all the questions? .............................................. NO

Do we have all the answers? ................................................. NO

Do we have a solution for the unknown?................................ NO

All the silly talk in the world will not help, the impression is that most posting here

would enjoy to see the demise of Truro City F.C.

Mountaineer, you have your head buried firmly in the sand... or up someones backside.

The man has had a nightmare weekend, his play team got beat at home, and his first love got beat by Chelsea - happy days !

Mr Deacon, I have written about my visit to Treyew Road for Bromley yesterday, I did the same the previous week for Havant & Waterlooville so to contradict nemesis I am not burying my head in the sand or anywhere else, if my TigerTalk remarks about those games are read you could change your minds, this season has been a nightmare but I understand things may improve during the close season in readiness for the new season. I don't know what's planned but those who come on board with Mr Heaney need to have the ability to raise the standing of the club in the community.

On Tigertalk I mentioned the job needed with the PR, I have done so all season, unfortunately I think hatred has set in within the community making it almost impossible, people who after spouting off about what was wrong at Truro City admitted they knew nothing about Truro City, many thought Truro City had already moved to Three Mile Stone, the rumourmongers have spread their poison far and wide. The lack of sponsors amazes me, Truro City's unique achievements would be an advertising agents dream starter, in happier circumstances I know I could sell Truro City, imagine what an experienced agent could do, with the travelling we do we are a National Product that can also boost what is good in Cornwall.

We all know the score but it is not us who own the club, investors are unlikely, it would take more than a good PR to cut out the cancer that has been spread by the gossipmongers.

So sorry to disappoint, but it certainly has not been the fault of anyone but the man. The gossipmongers, or speakers of truth as they are commonly known in Cornwall, are only telling the wider world what the man wants to hide.

I seem to recall he appointed a local PR firm, what a great job he / they did in promoting City, crowds dropped, credibility dissolved and any hope of forming a fanbase vanished as quickly as his company that owed money to local firms.

One man ruined City, no one else can be, or should be blamed.

Nemesis you must stop eating so many onions, you keep repeating yourself,

I have asked you before where is your proof of anything illegal, companies

experience reversals in fortune from time to time, people may feel the back

lash, that's life, there is no industrial immunisation for people just because

they happen to live in Cornwall

When companies I worked for experienced similar downturns in fortune.

I didn't run around like a headless chicken bemoaning my luck I like others

accepted the situation and got on with life, working harder to make up for

the thousands I had lost due to events beyond my control, those who were

good enough to employ me didn't get off scot free.

I wouldn't call playing in the Conference ruin, Truro are playing in the 2nd

tier of ENGLAND's non-leaguue football not the 2nd tier of Cornwall's, I am

aware Pyramid level 2 is light years ahead of level 7.

We all know all is not well if rumour carries any truth, we also know it is up

to those involved to sort out their differences, without the proof of any

wrongdoing how can you JUDGE.

And if you believe that...

And if you believe that...

As I thought, Nemesis has no proof of wrongdoing so is left with his usual bluster.

What has been done may not be illegal very very immoral ,

When your company owes local people money for work they have done, then claims its gone bust so you dont have to pay them, then you carry on paying out for Truro FC , is it a wonder the PR of the club is where it is.

Had this not happened then perhaps the club would attract sponsership etc

Reading a posting taken from the highly regarded Tony Kempster Forum regarding Forest Green Rovers, I couldn't help but see the similarity between them and Truro City...The very bottom reply is most interesting, how will that affect City next season and beyond. Still no answer on who owns the ground etc, perhaps none of the fans actually care, as long as they are at Step 2. I would suggest they are actually a step closer to going out of existence.

There is a very good reason. It makes no financial sense whatsoever, so is irresponsible to both their fans and the Clubs they will be playing against. Also "bankrolling" is unfair on Clubs that don't have rich Chairman but are just well run and have a good supporter base. This can even apply at the highest level (eg:Rangers!).

They (FGR) nearly went bust just trying to stay in the conference, which itself is beyond their means, but I agree with you in that since they got there (before the Conf became a "millionaires playground") under their own steam, they can have fun staying there, but really, a club that size going up to the League will only end one way.

To me its astonishing in the current climate that so many teams have Chairmen that throw money at endless promotions beyond a level that they can sustain, racking up enormous debts (remember, Crawley and Fleetwood fans, your Chairman wont have "given" you all that dough, oh no, when he gets bored or his accountant tells him to stop or his business hits the rocks,
suddenly your Club will discover it owes him all the money he "gave" you as it was a LOAN and now wants it back....).

I think that from next season, these large loans will not be allowed. Money put into the club will have to be as share purchase, sponsorship or straight gifts

mountaineer i am very pleased that truro have done so well on the field but!!!

most things that come out of the club are negative,just look at all the loyal servants who have had to leave because ?

this negativity will obviously stop sponsors from getting involved as they ownly want positive vibes.

i do want to see a stadium for cornwall but one that is viable and in the right place.

nobody would be more pleased than me to see a league team in cornwall but as the club is run at present it will not happen because your chairman is not liked, therefore he will not get the required support he needs from the people of cornwall.

this is not me having a go at your beloved club these are just facts

Stewart Yetton <s>@</s>StewartYettonJust got back from Truro, cup of tea and 2nd half of Champs league!! Mull over my future whilst I'm at it!!

?????????

Nothing sinister, it is common knowledge, Lee Hodges will be talking to all the players shortly, it is normal for players to think about next season whilst nearing the end of the current one, recently when called upon to do so Stewart has worn the captain's armband with pride.

Nemesis, I know you have a dislike for what Mr Heany is doing at Truro City but do you have to go on about it on every topic. I say let Truro City do on with it, does it really effect your club.

Didn't realise I had to stick to discussing my club.

Either this is a forum on Cornish Football or it isn't, I choose to vent my spleen at the way one man at a football club goes about his business, amongst other subjects. You're the Admin, you decide who is morally right or wrong and make a choice, allow free speech or back the man.

Reading a posting taken from the highly regarded Tony Kempster Forum regarding Forest Green Rovers, I couldn't help but see the similarity between them and Truro City...The very bottom reply is most interesting, how will that affect City next season and beyond. Still no answer on who owns the ground etc, perhaps none of the fans actually care, as long as they are at Step 2. I would suggest they are actually a step closer to going out of existence.

There is a very good reason. It makes no financial sense whatsoever, so is irresponsible to both their fans and the Clubs they will be playing against. Also "bankrolling" is unfair on Clubs that don't have rich Chairman but are just well run and have a good supporter base. This can even apply at the highest level (eg:Rangers!).

They (FGR) nearly went bust just trying to stay in the conference, which itself is beyond their means, but I agree with you in that since they got there (before the Conf became a "millionaires playground") under their own steam, they can have fun staying there, but really, a club that size going up to the League will only end one way.

To me its astonishing in the current climate that so many teams have Chairmen that throw money at endless promotions beyond a level that they can sustain, racking up enormous debts (remember, Crawley and Fleetwood fans, your Chairman wont have "given" you all that dough, oh no, when he gets bored or his accountant tells him to stop or his business hits the rocks,
suddenly your Club will discover it owes him all the money he "gave" you as it was a LOAN and now wants it back....).

I think that from next season, these large loans will not be allowed. Money put into the club will have to be as share purchase, sponsorship or straight gifts

There you go Mr T. I posted the above info on this very thread on 17th April. As per usual, the City Brainwashed brigade ignored it. Yes it will mean that clubs can no longer be used as a financial plaything by Chairman / Owners, it may also help the more vulnerable clubs find their true level without selling or borrowing against their grounds.

Whilst spouting anti Truro clap trap some may be taking their eye off the ball concerning their own clubs, the HMRC are not daft, they will be looking closely at a few clubs who's financial fortunes have dramatically changed in the search for promotion.

The Tony Kempster forums had a great reputation, that was based on what Tony did for non league football, however it should be appreciated that what appears on that forum now is no different than on others, now those posting (like on here) have their viewpoints on matters at times without substance, showing predudice and a certain amount of ignorance.

One fact remains, loans made before any new rules that may come into force stand and not relevant to any new regulation.

I think nemesis should be more concerned with the future of his club, those running things have a track record of being journeymen on their bikes when the money runs out. There's one thing in buying promotion from step seven but when they want a bigger budget and it's not there they just may be on their way.

The Judge should continue to live in cloud cuckoo land because it'll all turn to tears.

Difference is, Truro are run by, and are totally reliant on one man and his dog. Newquay have a hard working committee, a very healthy youth policy, a lease on the ground until 2073, and we are realistic on what might be achieved with a limited budget.

Who owns Treyew Road ? How much has been 'loaned' to pay for the clubs climb up the leagues ? What might happen if the 'loans' are called in ? As a Truro City supporter you should be concerned with these questions and more importantly, the answers that no one seems to have any clue about or in some pathetic cases, care about.

Your attempts to distract the reader from the problems at your club and divert attention to Newquay, merely shows that you have not got a clue or seem to care about what happens to your club.

With apologies to Mr Chown for my contribution to what is the biggest scandal in Cornish Football.

Difference is, Truro are run by, and are totally reliant on one man and his dog. Newquay have a hard working committee, a very healthy youth policy, a lease on the ground until 2073, and we are realistic on what might be achieved with a limited budget.

Who owns Treyew Road ? How much has been 'loaned' to pay for the clubs climb up the leagues ? What might happen if the 'loans' are called in ? As a Truro City supporter you should be concerned with these questions and more importantly, the answers that no one seems to have any clue about or in some pathetic cases, care about.

Your attempts to distract the reader from the problems at your club and divert attention to Newquay, merely shows that you have not got a clue or seem to care about what happens to your club.

With apologies to Mr Chown for my contribution to what is the biggest scandal in Cornish Football.

i do like the limited budget bit nemesis,

there are probably a few who wouldnt be at newquay if it was a limited budget, but good luck to you, you have got money by working hard to do so and generating it in all the right ways so why not use it to your advantage, i would at my club

nemesis, I wonder if you will be feeling good when your journeymen have continued the trend, perhaps they are running out of clubs.

Confidence in Truro City is boosted by the loyalty of the players TEN of them have played in excess of 100 games for the club, from those SIX have played over 200, promotion through the leagues has been done with minimal tinkering of personal, SIX of the current team played in our Wembley winning season of 2006/2007. OUTSIDERS CAN KNOCK US but despite everything there is spirit in the club which bodes well for the future.

When Saturday Comes I will have travelled in excess of 2000 miles THIS MONTH following Truro City, if I were unhappy I would become a stay at home follower from afar.

I just hope you haven't eaten all the pasties before I get there on Saturday.

Whilst spouting anti Truro clap trap some may be taking their eye off the ball concerning their own clubs, the HMRC are not daft, they will be looking closely at a few clubs who's financial fortunes have dramatically changed in the search for promotion.

The Tony Kempster forums had a great reputation, that was based on what Tony did for non league football, however it should be appreciated that what appears on that forum now is no different than on others, now those posting (like on here) have their viewpoints on matters at times without substance, showing predudice and a certain amount of ignorance.

One fact remains, loans made before any new rules that may come into force stand and not relevant to any new regulation.

I think nemesis should be more concerned with the future of his club, those running things have a track record of being journeymen on their bikes when the money runs out. There's one thing in buying promotion from step seven but when they want a bigger budget and it's not there they just may be on their way.

The Judge should continue to live in cloud cuckoo land because it'll all turn to tears.

So if the Chairman did make any LOANS and called them in Truro would be broke,oh for hindsight. :ninja: