Cornwall Football Forum

Dover v Truro City

Well done to the lad, I hope he enjoyed his day in the rain.

That reminds me of Dustin Pascoe who lives in Missouri, Xembla made the 4500+ mile journey to England and stayed with our family, a 9000 odd round trip rewarded by a Truro City win at Wembley.

I cancelled my Dover trip today because we were having a mini family get together, it would have been bad manners to walk out for football after those who came up from the West Country were doing so to visit me, it turned out a blessing in disguise, at the time I would have been on the train or crossing London I felt unwell, the coming back would have been horrendous because at this time I feel awful - therefore todays game turned out to be a good one to miss.

Listening to Lee Hodges Truro City had 70% of the play spending the whole second half in search of the equaliser only to fall foul once again to conceding a break away goal. Mr Hodges was pleased with the performance his response was we played terrible last week and got a point, this week we play well and get nowt.

Lee Hodges was full of praise for Truro's travelling fans who once again did Cornwall proud.

I accept some will disagree with me posting CORNWALL but Truro's support now comes from a much wider area than the City limits, as such they deserve to be included in the accolades. I hope those staying overnight enjoy themselves and look forward to seeing them at Eastleigh next Saturday.

Result: Dover 3 Truro City 1

Any reaction from Truro City supporters?

They only sing when my os' is whineing.

Only an ignorant oath like Dara could post in this manner whilst Truro City supporters are mourning the death of a fellow supporter due to a road accident whilst returning from this game - City fans in shock are not posting much at this time as a mark of respect.

Only an ignorant oath like Dara could post in this manner whilst Truro City supporters are mourning the death of a fellow supporter due to a road accident whilst returning from this game - City fans in shock are not posting much at this time as a mark of respect.

Bloody hell Ivor, there's been no mention of the accident that happened on Cornish Soccer therefore DARA is probably totally unaware

Bloody hell Ivor, there's been no mention of the accident that happened on Cornish Soccer therefore DARA is probably totally unaware

I was unaware of what had happened,my deepest sympathy to this persons family.

Just read about it in the Guardian. For all the criticism that can, at times, rightfully be directed towards TCFC, it looks like these were true football supporters who just loved their team.

This is a massive loss to football and I send my deepest condolences to all affected by this tragedy.

Dan Hazelton