Cornwall Football Forum

Truro City v Staines Town.

Saturday 28th January, 2012

TRURO CITY v STAINES TOWN

At Treyew Road - Kick Off 3 pm

The league table shows Truro City in 11th position 9 points ahead of Staines Town in 19th place.

The Form table (last 6 games) shows Staines Town in 4th position with Truro City 7 points less in 19th place.

Staines Town won their last game away to Chelmsford City who were 2nd in the league, the away game before that they beat league leaders Woking, those two recent wins has brought their away WIN sequence to FOUR games, once again Truro City are faced with a hard game which emphasises how difficult it is to compete at Conference South level.

TRURO CITY 2 (Andy Watkins 2)

Staines Town 1

H.T 0-0

Att:- 515

Staines took the lead but Truro dug their heels in and scored twice to record their first win in 2012,

from not knowing who may be available City gave a couple of youngsters their League debut, Lee

Hodges praised their contribution, a very good result for City when you take all three points from a

team that has recently beaten the 1st and 2nd placed teams in the league away from home.

Whatever next,a Cornish football team,with local lads in the squad.

Where are those Truro City critics,now.

:c: :c: :c: :c: :c:

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I see you are very limited with words. :glare:

Sing when you're winning comes to mind. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Well done to the 2 Ex-Peppermints showing that Newquay & Cornwall do have players that can play at a much higher level. Nice of Truro to catch up with the rest of us.

Perhaps they realised that if they wanted to further their potential in the game,it was better to come over and learn from the seasoned professionals.

Lets be fair,if they stayed at Newquay,the SWPL would be the limit and all that potential would be wasted,like we have seen too often over the years.

Carne is a very very tidy player, Hope he gets a fair crack at it.

I agree, probably quite a bit of work for Danny to do yet but bags of potential and being around those players will greatly help him to develop. Must be terrific for a young lad like that to be able to learn off someone like Hayles.

Carne is a very very tidy player, Hope he gets a fair crack at it.

I agree, probably quite a bit of work for Danny to do yet but bags of potential and being around those players will greatly help him to develop. Must be terrific for a young lad like that to be able to learn off someone like Hayles.

Fair comment.From what I have seen he has loads of potential,and i'm sure if it's anything to do with Lee Hodges he will get a fair crack if he is willing to listen and work at his game.

Well done to the 2 Ex-Peppermints showing that Newquay & Cornwall do have players that can play at a much higher level. Nice of Truro to catch up with the rest of us.

It's nice to see the BIG boys picking up a player or two from the feeder teams lower down. :clapper:

There is a very big gap between step 7 and step 2 so the lads shouldn't expect too much too soon.

It takes time to learn the skills required at the higher level but the lads made a good start to their city careers.