Cornwall Football Forum

Truro City v Chelmsford City 14/1/12

The last five games have been tough on Truro City, every team fighting for a play-off place.

Home Chelmsford City lost 2-0. League position 2nd

Away. Welling United lost 5-1.... League position 3rd

Home Weston-S-Mare lost 1-0 . League position 6th

Away. Weston-S-Mare won 1-0. League position 6th

Away. Sutton United Drew 2-2... League position 5th

With a small squad and many injuries, the players have done the club proud.

Let's hope City can win next Saturday when visiting 20th placed Bromley.

The last five games have been tough on Truro City, every team fighting for a play-off place.

Home Chelmsford City lost 2-0. League position 2nd

Away. Welling United lost 5-1.... League position 3rd

Home Weston-S-Mare lost 1-0 . League position 6th

Away. Weston-S-Mare won 1-0. League position 6th

Away. Sutton United Drew 2-2... League position 5th

With a small squad and many injuries, the players have done the club proud.

Let's hope City can win next Saturday when visiting 20th placed Bromley.

I think a tough match on Monday v HMRC may have some bearing on who, what, why & when before Bromley think of booking a coach.

Would it upset you Nemesis if Truro City survived the Court case and continue playing this season or would you rather a football club was closed down?

As you are very well aware from my posts on the subject of one man and his club over the years. I have nothing against the club of Truro City or the supporters who followed them in the SWL days.

I hope that HMRC do the right thing and collect all monies owed by Heaney, just as I wish that all monies owed to local businesses were also paid. As many folk are now appreciating, therein lies his downfall. Had he treated the locals with a modicum of respect, he may have had the backing of many more, and possibly got through the money problems.

The club will not fail totally, there are still some good football people at Treyew Road who will start again if necessary. If St Austell can re-invent themselves and come out stronger, so can a City of Truro FC, possibly at Step 8.

Good luck to those who will eventually have to pick up the pieces, I can't see Monday being the end... just yet !

Guest smashing pumpkin

if they went bust on monday does that mean the penisula team will fold aswell? if so were does truro go from there ? will they have to re start from the trelawny league ?

But would you rather Monday was the end? Would you rather see the club that is owned by Heaney, yet is a Cornish football club go bust and fold?

I would prefer a Truro City club in whatever form without Heaney, he has given them a period of success, but that must come to end at the hands of HMRC. Lets not forget, he OWES THE MONEY, it is not that HMRC want to ruin the club, had he paid the correct amounts on time, then the club would not be in this position.

It would then be upto those who really care to take on the challenges ahead. If that means the BSQS side folding, so be it. I am sure there will always be a club with the name Truro City in it, playing in the city, if the 400 supporters really care, they will stick around as at Chester, AFC Wimbledon etc.

Good luck to those who care enough to see it through.