Cornwall Football Forum

Truro to Bickland Park

Several points to make.

1. Will there be enough Saturdays, evenings in a season to accomadate both teams especially if there are a lot of postponements? I thought Falmouth were restricted to the number of evening games allowed at Bickland Park per season due to the local houses.

2. Who will pay for the full time staff needed to upkeep the site. The ground is poor for drainage at the best of times so they will need to improve the under soil drainage first, plus the playing surface and will not manage it in one season before both clubs are using it?

3. Who will pay for the repairs/improvements to Bickland Park such as providing good toilets, snack bar, etc?

4. Will Falmouth be allowed to train on their own pitch, including their reserves?

5. Will Falmouth be left with a white elephant that will once again fall into disrepair once Truro are gone.

6. Who will gain from the advertising around the ground or will it be all Falmouth's advertisers only?

7. Will Truro be allowed to transfer players from Falmouth during that season making Falmouth look like a feeder club?

More questions later unless other people want to add more for me.

Looks to me as though Truro have got Falmouth in their pocket. Of course Town want it as they will no doubt get their ground brought up to scratch for them and by what I heard on Lawrence Reed, they look forward to enjoying the proposed training facilities that are going to benefit the whole of Cornwall!

How the heck they expect to accommodate mid week games for 2 senior teams beats me, let alone the lesser sides at each club.

But for the good of Cornwall, good luck with the venture :c:

ok, so its official then, Truro have approachd Falmouth to play at Bickland Park for no more than a year!

Truro play one week, Falmouth play the other. Where are the reserve teams of both clubs going to play? anyone got any ideas?

Pidge??

I'm gloating big time about this,i told you all about this six months ago but no one believed me.I hope this is not the beginning of the end. :P:P :ninja:

So will all those who have taken issue with past and present forum users who have been saying for years, that the owner would always sell the club down the river, in this case The Fal, stand up and say YES you were right and apologise. Not likely is it ?

I'm sure that St Darren, Cornish-Blue, The Judge, CornishTeddyBoy and others, are all having a small chuckle to themselves when they heard that Truro will eventually have no ground of their own. Lets hope that Truro do not look at the Lynn FC situation and go down that road, that really would be the final kick in the balls for all those who were taken in by the fairy stories.

Come on Truro supporters, the coffee is boiling over, surely you have smelt it by now or is the over-powering smell of a rat covering it up ?

So will all those who have taken issue with past and present forum users who have been saying for years, that the owner would always sell the club down the river, in this case The Fal, stand up and say YES you were right and apologise. Not likely is it ?

I'm sure that St Darren, Cornish-Blue, The Judge, CornishTeddyBoy and others, are all having a small chuckle to themselves when they heard that Truro will eventually have no ground of their own. Lets hope that Truro do not look at the Lynn FC situation and go down that road, that really would be the final kick in the balls for all those who were taken in by the fairy stories.

Come on Truro supporters, the coffee is boiling over, surely you have smelt it by now or is the over-powering smell of a rat covering it up ?

lets hope it boils over on to your head :drink:

Way too early to start gloating -- oh, wait, that actually started five years ago. As you were, then.

But for the sake of the thick American, somebody explain to me why it'd be a bad thing for City to be playing on a pitch in Threemilestone that's actually owned by the Council. I get that it's this technicality that allows Nemesis to say "no ground of their own." But isn't it actually safer, more secure in the hands of the Council than an individual's? Said individual might actually decide to off to the Costa del Sol, but the Council isn't going anywhere, it's not going to go broke, it's not likely to borrow millions off the property to fund its projects in other areas, so why is this a bad, dangerous, end-of-road scenario for City?

My guess is only because the City haters want it to be so.

Actually I'm not gloating because I think if you read the report correctly the club will still own the land but will rent it out on perhaps a long term lease that will cover the bulk of the running costs of the team.

A supermarket will pay a lump sum to first acquire the lease which the club can use to develop the other Truro site with a stadium and training facilities, and the running costs paid for by the running rent for the lease.

A clever way to fund the new ground as Mr Heaney will not have to put his hand in his pocket so deeply plus if they can cost it correctly he could walk away without causing too big a wrench to the club moneywise with the gate income and lease money paying the running costs.

I actually think this is a good idea if it works. The only problem I can see is that will they get enough from the yearly lease rent to keep the club going at it's current level.

Unfortunately, Cornwall County Council are no more likely to build a ground that is upto Southern League standards than the current owner of Truro is. The Council are in debt to the tune of £60m or so, had the sense to invest in Icelandic banks when told not to by the Gov't and are one of the few organisations more hated in the county than City.

Truro want to groundshare for 'no more than a year', how many grounds have been built in less than a year ? The ground if it were ever built, would not be for the benefit of all Cornwall, it has been mentioned before, that those in Bude, Millbrook, St Just etc would not be able to utilise its facilities due to distances involved.

One possible solution, is that Truro move to Falmouth, they both go into administration thus absolving themselves of the potential massive debts they could run up in a year or so and merge to become Kernow FC. Sounds like the sort of thing that would appeal to certain parties, although the old school fans of both clubs would have a bit of a moan before being ignored and told it is for the good of Cornish Football.

I for one hope nothing happens to Treyew Rd,let's have a look back over the last few seasons.No one can argue that the First Team have been successful but Truro surely can not be classed as a CLUB.The best players that come through the reserves leave,why? The Third Team folded,why? The Ladies Team were bought in from Newquay but soon left again,why? Are the Youth Teams sponsered by the CLUB or are they there in name only? The clubhouse is hardly ever open,why? Those of you who know me know i am a Truro lad,i just fear for the future of T.C.A.F.C.if they ever leave the City, even if it's only temporary. :angry2: :ninja:

I for one hope nothing happens to Treyew Rd,let's have a look back over the last few seasons.No one can argue that the First Team have been successful but Truro surely can not be classed as a CLUB.The best players that come through the reserves leave,why? The Third Team folded,why? The Ladies Team were bought in from Newquay but soon left again,why? Are the Youth Teams sponsered by the CLUB or are they there in name only? The clubhouse is hardly ever open,why? Those of you who know me know i am a Truro lad,i just fear for the future of T.C.A.F.C.if they ever leave the City, even if it's only temporary.

a very sensible post from someone who cares for the future of their club :clapper::clapper::clapper:

i have never had a problem with truro as a club just the way in which heaney has ripped off alot of people, i think he is taking the p**s spending all this money when he owes local people so much, just hope Falmouth get CASH up front on any deal they do with heaney, i would hate to see them fall foul of his ways

:c::c: :c:

Cornishteddyboy,

With regards the possible sharing of the ground between Falmouth & Truro, everything will be drawn up by the both sets of Solicitors,

On your first point about Falmouth being restricted to the amount of evening games that they can play under flood lights because of the houses, I think you will find that there are none, because the Football Ground was there before any Houses were build, When Falmouth first had the lights installed the house owners tried to prevent them being put up, but were told there is nothing that you can do to stop them,

As for the rest of your questions I am sure that Falmouth town will make sure that they will not be left holding the Baby if things go wrong,

On the point of the ground facillities, the shelter against the car park has been closed off for health & safety reasons, & will be rebuilt,

Falmouth have already (before the sharing issue came up) put in for an FA grant to bring the ground up to a suitable standard required for teams entering the FA cup, & FA Vase competitions,

of Course there are Falmouth suporters who do not want the ground sharing to go ahead, but at the end of the day, Truro & Falmouth are Cornish football teams, Therefore we should be looking at what is best for our County Football teams,

I ask the question what if it was the other way around & Falmouth asked Truro if they could ground share for a year? I am sure the Falmouth suporters would hope that Truro would say yes,

so let us be positive about this I am sure in the long run it would benifit both clubs,

Hammers :c::smiley20: :c:

As I understand it Mr Heaney OWNS Treyew Road along with the Football Club, one of the conditions of purchasing Treyew Road from the club being that A NEW GROUND WOULD BE BUILT for the club NOT a ground to be leased from the Council, there is a vast difference.

If I am wrong I apologise but I am not the only one who fears for the LONG term future.

With Truro City FC Ltd being listed as one of the Companies in the Cornish Properties Group which in turn comes up when Cornish Homes is Googled has to be a concern because Truro City FC's CROWN JEWELS was in owning the ground.

Never say Never.

Cornishteddyboy,

With regards the possible sharing of the ground between Falmouth & Truro, everything will be drawn up by the both sets of Solicitors,

On your first point about Falmouth being restricted to the amount of evening games that they can play under flood lights because of the houses, I think you will find that there are none, because the Football Ground was there before any Houses were build, When Falmouth first had the lights installed the house owners tried to prevent them being put up, but were told there is nothing that you can do to stop them,

As for the rest of your questions I am sure that Falmouth town will make sure that they will not be left holding the Baby if things go wrong,

On the point of the ground facillities, the shelter against the car park has been closed off for health & safety reasons, & will be rebuilt,

Falmouth have already (before the sharing issue came up) put in for an FA grant to bring the ground up to a suitable standard required for teams entering the FA cup, & FA Vase competitions,

of Course there are Falmouth suporters who do not want the ground sharing to go ahead, but at the end of the day, Truro & Falmouth are Cornish football teams, Therefore we should be looking at what is best for our County Football teams,

I ask the question what if it was the other way around & Falmouth asked Truro if they could ground share for a year? I am sure the Falmouth suporters would hope that Truro would say yes,

so let us be positive about this I am sure in the long run it would benifit both clubs,

Hammers :c::smiley20::c:

Well done Hammers there was a few questions to answer , To get towns ground up to scratch would cost around £50,000 ie main stand, hard standing, clubhouse end with seats , and the approach to the club .

Town just simply dont have that kind of money, So forget about rivalry between the 2 clubs Truro have gone a long way ahead of town .

And also a match day bar for Town every saturday in the football season , it could set them up very nicely and allow time for Heaney to create a new place for Truro to play .

It does make sense for both clubs as long as bickland park is completely SAFE in the hands of Falmouth town fc . :c:

Message for Mr I can see into the future T

Is there anyway you can predict the lottery results for Saturday as obviously you are so good at looking into the future.

Wish i could,i'd put in an offer for Treyew Rd and keep Truro there. :P:ninja:

I don't think a Lotto win would be enough, even a roll over could fall short.

Mountaineer -

The new home for the Club - if the plans succeed - will be Polwheal.

Put in a nutshell - Polwheal and Treyew Road both developed at the same time and when this is happening City ground-share with Falmouth during the 2011/12 season.

My understanding is that Threemilestone/Council owned Stadium is a longer-term development.

Mountaineer -

The new home for the Club - if the plans succeed - will be Polwheal.

Put in a nutshell - Polwheal and Treyew Road both developed at the same time and when this is happening City ground-share with Falmouth during the 2011/12 season.

My understanding is that Threemilestone/Council owned Stadium is a longer-term development.

Thanks for that Graham.

With me reaching my 74th year in a fortnight - WILL I EVER SEE THE DAY - IT ALL HAPPENS?

I would like to think so.

Looking form the outside this can only be a win -win situation for Falmouth.Of course there will be problems. I think the main problem will be where will the combo team play. Could they make Falmouth Schools "Posers Pitch into a temporary senior pitch. What would they have to do to make this happen.

Also what about the parking problem. When Falmouth have a decent home crowd there are cars parked on Bickland Water Road/Hill and into the nearby Conway Road.With Truro haveing obviously higher crowds this will be something to think about. Again maybe Falmouth School might be able to help out ???

But on a plus side there will of course be increased revenue for Town simply through takings in the bar. The ground will obviously need some work done on it before Truro start playing there and when they do/if get there new ground there will hopefullybe a type of legacy left behind-whether it be on ground work or just a few pounds in the bank.

I truly hope this goes ahead,it would be good to see a higher standard of footie on my doorstep but I do feel there are just a few items to sort out :drink::thumbsup::thumbsup: :c: