Cornwall Football Forum

Combo Results or Postponements

Can you post either results, goal scorers, attendances and postponements on this thread please.

Thanks

Cornwall Combination League

Saturday 28th November 2009 (2:30pm)

Hayle Reserves A-A Helston Athletic

Holman SC A-A RNAS Culdrose

Ludgvan P-P Troon

Mullion (Jason Robertson) 1-3 St Agnes (Gavin Bennetts 2, Matt Baxter)

Att - 15

Penryn Athletic Reserves P-P Perranwell

Penzance Reserves P-P Illogan RBL

Porthleven Reserves P-P Newquay Reserves

Portreath P-P St Day

St Just P-P St Ives Town

Wendron CC United Reserves P-P Falmouth Town Reserves

LUDGVAN V TROON (CALLED OFF)

Ref did a pitch inspection at 2pm and called it off, his reason PLAYERS SAFETY! Both teams kitted up and ready to play, although the rain was coming down the pitch was playable and the ball rolled without problems, only slight area with a problem was the centre circle but was still ok, Very dissapointing and looking like the ludgvan boys like many other teams will have one hell of a back log at the end of the season! :SM_carton: :huh:

i know we at Falmouth Town were disappointed with the game being called off at Wendron today, no blame or fault pointed at Wendron at all, more disappointed with the fact the referee didnt turn up until 2.10pm!!! then had a look and said no chance of playin! we were all changed up warming up!

as it turned out with the torrential rain and darkness by 3.30pm it was the right decision however think its poor that an official turns up so late to make a decision just 20 mins before kick off!

Holmans SC V RNAS Culdrose abandonned after 65 minutes with Culdrose 0-2 up!

bad light stopped play!...five more minutes and the score would have counted! hosky not happy!

Right decision, match became a farce after about 30 minutes, playing football became impossible but credit for the ref for giving it a go.

Probably due to the type of tackles being thrown in to be honest, your left back agreed too. Lets hope some football can be played in the replay, nobody can of enjoyed that today. Was on the other wing to the ref some cant comment on us trying to get it off but the ref wanted to call it off at ht and we said no so cant really have a go at us. See you at the replay.

Redruth07 personally i dont think the game should of started in the first place but it was a bit strange that with 5 mins or so untill the result would have stood holmans used a break in play to surround the ref and basically spend 5 mins pessurising him to call the game off.

Hmmm Mac i think it was the fact nobody could see anything due to the darkess and the break in play you mentioned was from the fact Ruby had just maimed Derek Pickin with a flying tackle that wouldnt have happened under normal conditions that caused the ref to evaluate the conditions and rightly abandon the match.

I had told paul Hoskings 10min previous when i had to go in goal and could hardly see the ball before the 2nd goal that it was becoming a bit of a joke. It speaks volumes that Helston was abandoned too at about the same time.

Maybe you should aplaud Holmans for giving it a go in the first place I realise that culdrose are annoyed due to leading but the match had become farcical due to the bad light and soggy pitch from about the 30th min when it had become so wet and slippy the holmans goalkeeper slid out of the area handling the ball giving you the free kick that the 1st goal came from.

In West Cornwall yesterday at roughly 3:45 it went from daylight to nearly dark in about 5-10mins. Any game not being played under floodlights had no chance of being completed.

Earlier kick-offs should just about finished by then, but from 1:30 onwards it really started chucking it down so a combination of darkness and wet conditions left only one sensible option for match officials, abandonment.

Mullion scorer was Jason Robertson. Attendance 15.

Match should have been abondoned. Cars had lights on to provide light! Pitch is now cut to shreds!

Yeah was pretty horrific. Spent 2 hours with skippy trying to repair the pitch yesterday. Should of been called abandoned really. Hopefully it will recover but if weather continues our game will be off on saturday for sure.

Mullion scorer was Jason Robertson. Attendance 15.

Match should have been abondoned. Cars had lights on to provide light! Pitch is now cut to shreds!

Yeah was pretty horrific. Spent 2 hours with skippy trying to repair the pitch yesterday. Should of been called abandoned really. Hopefully it will recover but if weather continues our game will be off on saturday for sure.

The game should never have started in the first place in my opinion. There was standing water all over the pitch, and yeah, christ it was dark!

One thing that did make me laugh though on the way down, the driver said, each time he comes down Mullion, the stand on the far side gets smaller and smaller, well, there's none of it left now!!

By the way, your keeper was superb, we could have scored 6 or 7 if it wasn't for him! couldn't kick, but jeez, he made 2 worldies!

Ha St. Darren i know what you mean, that stand is a bit old, i dont know how many seasons its got left in it

Haha dazza its got no more seasons left in it!!! blew down a couple of weeks back. its about a foot high now so rob bray can still fit under it!! plans to build a new one soon (for soon read about 5 years!!). def not gonna be named the meagor memorial stand this time!

yeah did blow the hangover away for sure. was pretty minging. up there friday to see what its like. i very very very much doubt we will be playing football on sat. got free tickets for argyle though so might go up and see them get thumped by sheff utd instead!

So you're saying my 2nd favourite stand after Troon original one from the old days has blown down. Good job I've got some photo's of it.

I'll post them on here for all the nostalgic supporters.

What so good about Troons old stand. Made of wood and corrugated iron, was mobile (wasn't fixed down so it could be moved around the pitch depending on the wind), held about 5 people, and best of all during one match up there versus Penzance, I was the only Penzance supporter there huddled in the stand against the "Troon Breeze" when a particular gust blew it down flipping it over my head and blowing it about 30 yards across the pitch.

Happy days

Ennerz, the whole game was played in a quite friendly mode I think! your centre mid, or the one off the front two was having a laugh, he got brought up for a foul on me, he slid from about 10 yards away but got there that late the ball had already been played twice! but nothing in it really!

The top corner of the pitch was like Wembley though, lovely there! but yeah, your pitch is now knackered, should never have been played, but we'll take the 3 points!