Cornwall Football Forum

St Blazey v Saltash

The weather here this morning is much improved. Blue skys and a bit of sun. Will it be enough after last nights contant heavy rain for tonights game to be played?

If it is....another 6 pointer with Saltash some way behind the leaders but with ample games in hand.

Come on St Blazey. :thumbsup:

Lads,What is the pitch condition seeing a County game played their last night?

Did I hear on RC sports?,

Cornwall Ladies U18 2 Devon Ladies U 18 2 played at Blaise Park.

Hi Mike, hoping for half decent day to dry it out a bit. Would have been an easy decision to call off County yesterday, but that is not our way.

Guest Peppermint

Hopefully the match will be on this evening - another intriguing battle in the close race for the title. Dan is quite right when he states that Saltash United seem to be in a false position in the table when you consider their playing squad.

For any neutral the CSWPL Premier title is up for grabs for any number of teams although St Blazey occupy pole position at the moment - and it promises to be an exciting season with the title race going probably to the wire. Famous last words - some team will now run away with the title to prove me wrong!

I presume the game kicks off at 7.30pm this evening - is their a pitch inspection planned?

Its 11am and still we have clear blue skys and a bit of breeze that will hopefully dry the pitch out. If the weather stays like this for a while then I dont see any problem with tonights game being on. Hopefully a decent crowd will be there as the champions league matches arnt worth watching with qualification already sorted.

St Blazey 2v1 Saltash.

A great first half performance should have seen St Blazey go in 3v0 up but for the post and a good save from the Saltash keeper. St Blazey did make it 1 nil after good work from Ben Rix but Saltash hit back right on half time with a curling effort into the top corner.

St Blazey should have took the lead early in the second half but once again the post rescued Saltash. St Blazey wasted other good openings and Saltash looked threatening on the break with some neat football at times. Mid way through the second half the Blazey goalkeeper took a heavy knock and seemed to limp on for sometime but strangly, Saltash never managed to test the keeper with any kind of shot.

With just minutes to go, Jay Isbell popped up with a good strike to send the home fans home happy and send St Blazey 3 points clear at the top. :yahoo:

Att 148. Head count.

Guest Peppermint

Interesting comments from Outsider - listening to the comments from spectators near me - I don't think they agreed with Outsider's assessement of the referee. There was an incident right at the start of the match that could have sparked real trouble.

It would be interesting to hear the views of St Blazey and Saltash United supporters!

Guest Peppermint

Very diplomatic Lafs - leave it to Dan and Paul perhaps. I have been in the same position as you in the light of recent events - would like to comment but cannot do so - and they say it is a free country!!!!!!

Great three points for Blazey and it was an enjoyable game to watch between two good teams - I am sure that Saltash will upset many teams before the end of the season and will be up their challenging. I was very impressed with their number 11.

Must feel great for you and Glyn - sitting at the top.

Mr Stevens is an abysmal ref, Anything above that level is an improvement.

Therefore wednesday night was merely an improvement.

At least this time we didn't have to play until Saltash equalised.

I bet he was crestfallen when he realized Danny Bance wasn't playing, playing with his red card all the way to the ground in anticipation only to have his moment snatched from him with the announcement of the teams.